• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just a friendly reminder

An even friendlier reminder.

israel-adesanya-izzy.gif

israel-adesanya-drop.gif

Yea man, major shoulder injuries can really fuck you up. Killed TJ's career too.
Don’t forget the UFC doesn’t pay for fighters injuries & surgeries;), so their careers are extra killed.

He also outweighs Adesanya by 20-30 pounds, so make of that what you will.
That’s wrong, Israel walks around 215lbs and Pereira at 226lbs. The they’re only 11lbs apart.

That’s wrong, Israel walks around 215lbs and Pereira at 226lbs. The they’re only 11lbs apart.

Maybe Adesanya put on a little weight for that fight, but I don't think that's his normal walk around weight. This article indicates 203 vs 233, while this one says Pereira had to cut down from 232 for his first fight against Adesanya. More empirically, Adesanya weighed 200.5 (in sweat pants) for his fight against Jan - suggesting either that's how much he weighs normally, or he arbitrarily chose to cut 15+ pounds of water weight when he only had to cut 10.

Last edited:
Maybe Adesanya put on a little weight for that fight, but I don't think that's his normal walk around weight. This article indicates 203 vs 233, while this one says Pereira had to cut down from 232 for his first fight against Adesanya. More empirically, Adesanya weighed 200.5 (in sweat pants) for his fight against Jan - suggesting either that's how much he weighs normally, or he arbitrarily chose to cut 15+ pounds of water weight when he only had to cut 10.
Stop fighting with facts and proof. Just stick to the narrative some idiot provides.

You guys worship some bizarre records. "Guy is able to achieve something that has been afforded almost solely to him" isn't the flex you think it is.

No doubt, he's got to be great to do it, but getting it done is not purely to that greatness. Hell, it's arguably not even the majority

Adesanya himself says he walks at 215lbs….less than a year ago. You’re bringing up his weight from over 2years ago.

Epic run for Alex. I plan to pick him to win this matchup.

However, I think it's quite possible that Jiri will take him down and maul him on the ground. Jiri is a beast and a warrior, but he also takes his improvements very seriously. He will potentially not risk fighting at the disadvantage considering he needs to revive his career after the injury. If I see evidence that he'll grapple, I'm picking him to win by submission.

What’s with the psychos obsessed with a lifelong Adesanya-Pereira rivalry? They’re 2 different guys with their own lives and careers. Pereira’s life goal is not to be better than Adesanya. That’s just your personal fantasy.

Stop fighting with facts and proof. Just stick to the narrative some idiot provides.

Yea? Straight to insults? How’s this for facts, you clown.

No he wouldn't, Adesanya walks around at 215lbs now. Pereira(226) & Adesanya (215) were only 11lbs apart when they both started there training camp for their first bout. Israel Adesanya said he was 206-207lbs at the "swing of camp." call in himself a LHW. at min 46:30

Source -
https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/mma...anya-weighing-215lbs-ahead-alex-pereira-fight

It's kinda misguided people on here spew out that Israel walks around at 197lbs because that's what he weigh in against Jan over 2years ago. When 8months ago he himself said he walks at 215lbs.

but but that narrative….

how bout next time you call someone idiot, you should do some research yourself. But yes let’s stick to your idiotic narrative the Pereira 30-40lbs heavier than Adesanya.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Back