Could roundtree jr get the next title shot at UFC300?

Khalil's next fight will be a rematch vs Walker I predict.

He's not in position to receive a title shot, but do it anyway, fuck it. It would be good and I think Roundtree could possibly even get a KO.

Well Hill is hurt, Ank said he's ready (that's the one that makes most sense), Walker just got KOd, Smith is done.

Im down if Ank isn't ready sir.

I like rountree but he has huge holes in his game. Honestly I would like to see him against another contender but LHW is kinda thin in terms of competition

596b0d_bbde0eeabc6d4e96ad146b4dea4aed4b~mv2.gif

200.gif
I don't mind the Walker loss since Johny is a legit top 10 LHW but that loss against Cutelaba is still too much for me to take Khalil seriously as a top guy, hopefully they can run it back and have Khalil get that W back.

Here’s the situation, we know the ufc doesn’t have many options for 300, we all expect Alex to be a part of this card defending the lhw title but here is

Hill is still out with an injury
Jiri just fought alex
Magomed just fought and has ramadan
Jan is hurt and requires surgery
Rakic is booked to fight jiri
Walker just lost
Izzy, another front runner, supposedly injured
Alex kinda debunked Aspinall fight

Enter Khalil Roundtree JR. Won a fight at lhw recently with a scary knock out. Stylistically this match up leads to an entertaining fight. I feel the options are currently; Roundtree, krylov or possibly du plessi if he beats Strickland cleanly. (Only if the ufc gets desperate)

What do you guys think? Options for Alex are limited but I doubt they shelve him past April. Where does the ufc go from here fellas?
Why not...as you said not to many options there and it will be a fun fight

No. Not a chance. If they don't wait for Hill before Alex defends again it has to be Ank.

His most high profile fight is beating the #8 LHW (at the time) who stepped in on super short notice & had lost 2 of his last 3 goint into that fight.

Oh, and it was the co-main event on an Apex card. No, Rountree isn't title shot ready at all.

Its all in how you phrase it.

Rountree just murder KO'd the #8 ranked guy on his current 5 fight win streak. He has one of the longest win streaks in the division, and he's finished 4 of his 5 opponents.

Considering the title picture is a mess right now, I could see him getting a shot and it would be fireworks.

You may say Rountree isn't title shot ready, but he's Bangkok ready.

I like Khalil. But highly doubt he’s in any title fight discussions at the moment. The division finally has a champ again poised to defend after the last two had limbs spontaneously explode leading into their first attempts at a defense. Khalil is firmly rooted behind the wreckage of all that clearing up. Sounds like hill will get his shot back after relinquishing. And barring any immediate rematches from a crazy ending likely be ankalaev next after that. And that’s not factoring in that Rakic is fighting jiri next. So depending how that fight goes the winner could find themselves bumped ahead of Khalil. Khalil probably needs another fight and needs it to be an actual name in the mix. Time for him to throw some names out there and maybe get one to stick. And then go out there and impress again

LHW is thinner than an anorexic on a coke binge lol.
I really like him but everyone he beat on his run aren't really winning their fights often or they have been cut. Maybe undefeated Carlos Ulberg or Volkan but it would be fighting down. Khalil is actually ranked 7 or 8 because the division is so damn thin. All these guys can sort of beat each other.

Rakic, Krylov or Walker are other alternatives. I think Jiri and Jan might be tougher fights for Khalil. Maybe the UFC will give him the next eliminator since Walker is ranked next to him and just got the eliminator with Anklaev.

Bangkok Ready Rountree may never get the opportunity where stars align for his good fortune again.

Dana. Please #GANAB. Market fight as true American underdog story. American Blue Collar Mentality vs American Immigrant Mentality. Everyone was win except lesser country outside of the US.

I really like him but everyone he beat on his run aren't really winning their fights often or they have been cut. Maybe undefeated Carlos Ulberg or Volkan but it would be fighting down. Khalil is actually ranked 7 or 8 because the division is so damn thin. All these guys can sort of beat each other.

Rakic, Krylov or Walker are other alternatives. I think Jiri and Jan might be tougher fights for Khalil. Maybe the UFC will give him the next eliminator since Walker is ranked next to him and just got the eliminator with Anklaev.

Rakic is fighting Jiri next, but Krylov would be an interesting fight.
Who do you think would be the best opponent for Alex at UFC 300?

Back