Why Izzy can beat DDP

Adesanya is a child in a woman's body.

I think he prefers multimedia at this point
Even children/woman can leave weight bully (Perreira) dead on the floor it seems. While also being a better fighter for more time across all their fights.

Conveniently leave out the fact that Izzy‘s leg was completely finished. The fact that Izzy was against the cage getting need and punched the fact that he waited for Pereira to drop his guard for one second and threw a punch. That is exactly what a Hail Mary punch is. He threw a lucky punch because the fact is Pereira had him. You Izzy fans love to try to rewrite history and make it seem like Izzy is this amazing fight that is untouchable he is not. He’s been gifted many decisions. Pereira is up 3-1 for a reason but I know you’ll just say “kickboxing doesn’t matter” hate to tell you but that’s all that Izzy is, is a kickboxer. He has no submission game, his wrestling is crap. The finish was clean the punch was nice but it doesn’t change the fact that it was in fact a lucky lunch that landed every punch kick elbow in mma is luck if you actually think about it. But sure call me a hater instead of using basic logic. It’ll be funny when Dricus beats Izzy and you fanboys have a cope again.
This is the post of someone who operates in a very small minded, black and white, incredibly biased reality where you're allowing emotions to rule you, rather than reason.

I don't think someone has to be a fan to acknowledge that Izzy's win over Pereira was Impressive. Yes, he was absolutely getting the dog shit beat out of him, but he also orchestrated a strategy to counter Poatan's forward pressure with his back on the cage, which was ultimately successful.

Poatan is one of, if not the scariest striker in the history of the sport.

It's incredibly delusional to not see such a victory as impressive, going even further to suggest that it was some kind of luck, even though It's glaringly clear that it was an orchestrated strategy.

I'm not a fan of any man. I care about whatever is true and makes the most sense with reason, than any one fighter. I'm not here to bend the truth In favor of anyone. Unlike you.

Nobody suggested that Izzy was untouchable. Now you're just attacking a strawman. I said it was one of the most impressive victories in the sport, which It was. Particularly when combined with his rehearsed victory dance.

There is no luck In this game. Poatan is a monster, but he was careless in his offense, Izzy formulated a gameplan to take advantage of those holes. And he pulled it off. It's incredibly disrespectful to Poatan to even suggest that someone could possibly beat him on luck.

You don't live In reality.

This just reads like someone who allows hate to rule their souls. Extremely biased.

I know who you are btw, but I'll just keep it to myself. Be a man and discuss your shitty, hate fueled takes on your real account.

Every single one of their fights was razor thin and could 've went either way. They've always been incredibly evenly matched. So to act like this is luck, It's just peak delusion and hate.

Last edited:
I think Izzy was out of sorts against Sean and could beat him. DDP can beat Izzy if he can get TDs and hold them.

1-3. Have a drink in his honor!
Laid in his first title defence at 185.

And if he defends against Ankalaev next he's going to get laid out again. I'll drink to that!

Conveniently leave out the fact that Izzy‘s leg was completely finished. The fact that Izzy was against the cage getting need and punched the fact that he waited for Pereira to drop his guard for one second and threw a punch. That is exactly what a Hail Mary punch is. He threw a lucky punch because the fact is Pereira had him. You Izzy fans love to try to rewrite history and make it seem like Izzy is this amazing fight that is untouchable he is not. He’s been gifted many decisions. Pereira is up 3-1 for a reason but I know you’ll just say “kickboxing doesn’t matter” hate to tell you but that’s all that Izzy is, is a kickboxer. He has no submission game, his wrestling is crap. The finish was clean the punch was nice but it doesn’t change the fact that it was in fact a lucky lunch that landed every punch kick elbow in mma is luck if you actually think about it. But sure call me a hater instead of using basic logic. It’ll be funny when Dricus beats Izzy and you fanboys have a cope again.

stop bro, your delusion is pathetic

Izzys's leg was "completely finished"?

Then how is he walking round on it fine and then dancing on it. "completely finished" would be Fabers leg after the Aldo fight.

You've crafted a narrative in your head that is at odds with reality.

And lmao, showing what a true casual you are "3-1" to Pereira, yet even at "3-0" he was still the underdog. Pretty obvious why, when your wins are aided by bias hometown refs (a 17 second standing "8 count") being the most embarrassing for him, then you can never be favoured for a rematch.

And he wasn't, and with no dodgy refs or pure luck of a 1st round bell.... well we all know what happened

As much as this seems to logically make sense, DDP has been defying all logic lately. I had Strickland taking a slight edge in this fight but DDP did much better than I believed he would especially in a full 5 round fight.

Plus DDP has youth on his side compared to Israel.
I still don't go much for the "logic defying" fighter, their styles almost always end up catching up to them.

I'm taking Izzy easily against DDP. Though I would be cheering for DDP hard in that one.

I feel like Adesanya is a bad matchup for DDP. If he comes back at his best and with full confidence, he will beat DPP IMO.

Reasons:

1. Adesanya is 3 inches taller and quicker than DDP. Dricus throws looping punches and sometimes overextends while moving linearly forward. Whereas Izzy does straight punch counters at range. Ripe for a counter.

2. DDP's kicks were a big part of his success against Strickland, but he will not win the kicking game with Izzy due to length. And Izzy's kicks will slow DDP's forward momentum. Strickland was having success with front kicks against DDP and Izzy's kicking game is way better than Sean's.

3. DDP is stylistically similar to Yoel and Costa, except he goes for more takedowns. But strength wise very similar. So the "he's way too strong" for Izzy claims are false. Is DDP stronger than Yoel? I don't think so. It's just recency bias that people are saying how strong DDP is.

4. People will say DDP will takedown Adesanya and finish. But what fighter has had a lot of success taking him down and keeping him there other than a LHW?

I feel like Adesanya and Stricklands TD DEFENSE (not grapping) is at similar levels (with perhaps a slight edge to Strickland.) But this fight showed DDP couldn't keep Strickland down or do damage there.

Strickland also stands very upright whereas Adesanya's TD defense is pretty different. Keeping at range and sprawling. I don't think DDP will find it as easy as people think taking Izzy down.

5. Izzy is most susceptible to clinch takedowns like how Khabib does. But DDP is more like a double leg Robert Whitaker TD artist - Striking and then exploding for TD or duck under a strike and going for double.

Izzy is much less susceptible to this type of TD due to length.

Regardless I want to see this fight.

1. yes, but Dricus is longer than the majority of guys izzy beat, and closer to the height and reach of guys that beat Izzy like sean and Jan. Dricus has also clearly been coming in with different gameplans for each opponent lately and he is well aware that izzy's best asset are his counters.

2. Being able to kick with izzy is a huge asset because it allows ddp to have some output at kickboxing range, which is where IZZY usually has no adversity at all because he fought mostly boxers like yoel, vetori, gastelum etc etc etc. There's a reason "kick the kicker" is a saying. The only kickers izzy really faced was poatan and Jan, and we know how much problems izzy had in those fights. I see Dricus' kicking game as a huge asset in this one, especially since his wrestling could hinder Izzy's kicking game.

3. Not at all. Costa and yoel aren't as long as DDP, and they aren't switch stance fighters, aren't shifting, and they just pot shot a lot more, and neighter has shown the submission abilities that DDP has.

4. Izzy takedown defense might be as good as Sean's, but his ability to wrestle back up once taken down absolutely is not as good as sean's, and he doesn't have the grappling that sean has once it hits the mat

5. No, izzy is most succepitble to takedowns in the open mat, so that he can't use the cage for TDD, and as you said it your self, ddp has great explosive double legs, also a nice single, also showed a great inside trip, and many other types of takedowns.

Also, none of this is taking into consideration Izzy's age and the fact that he clearly seems to be in the twilight of his career.

Last edited:
Styles make fights… DDP is by far the easiest path back to the title for Izzy.

His footwork, range management, and striking defense are absolutely atrocious. DDP is an overachiever who won the belt solely by shadowboxing outside the pocket.

Honestly DDP can be a bigger Gastelum and come at Izzy, probably would be an amazing fight. Strickland was a more defensive Gastelum. Izzy is sort of like Cro Cop where he doesn't do well when you can pressure him. I think the fight could be one of his best, win or lose.

2. Being able to kick with izzy is a huge asset because it allows ddp to have some output at kickboxing range, which is where IZZY usually has no adversity at all because he fought mostly boxers like yoel, vetori, gastelum etc etc etc. There's a reason "kick the kicker" is a saying. The only kickers izzy really faced was poatan and Jan, and we know how much problems izzy had in those fights. I see Dricus' kicking game as a huge asset in this one, especially since his wrestling could hinder Izzy's kicking game.

Dricus kicking game isn't any better than Costa's. You're making it seem like he's this elite kicker which he isn't. Most of his kicks against Strickland were checked and did no damage.

I like DDP but a fight against Izzy is as favorable a matchup as Adesanya could ask for. He would counter him all fucking day long.

I remember reading tons of people saying this same thing regarding Izzy vs Strickland.

I think DDP beats Izzy similarly to how Jan did but more grappling heavy. Strickland looks to have better TDD and is better at getting back up than Izzy is. Strickland matches up better with DDP than Izzy does IMO.

Adesanya wouldn't be getting right back up after those takedown. I'm sorry but it's the truth. He's improved a lot in other areas from where he came from so respect for that but it's the reality.
Izzy won't be able to keep ddp off of him. He has no jab and is less defensively sound in comparison to sean

This, good analysis and actually breaking down the styles of the fighters, everyone I see picking Izzy just seems to think that the fight will be all striking as if Izzy has the TDD and ability to pop back up that Strickland has which he doesn't and you are also correct he doesn't have a very good jab either and he doesn't like fighting at a fast pace like Strickland and DDP do. If DDP can shut down his kicking game like Strickland did, I don't see Izzy having much of a chance of keeping DDP off him.

1. yes, but Dricus is longer than the majority of guys izzy beat, and closer to the height and reach of guys that beat Izzy like sean and Jan. Dricus has also clearly been coming in with different gameplans for each opponent lately and he is well aware that izzy's best asset are his counters.

3. Not at all. Costa and yoel aren't as long as DDP, and they aren't switch stance fighters, aren't shifting, and they just pot shot a lot more, and neighter has shown the submission abilities that DDP has.

4. Izzy takedown defense might be as good as Sean's, but his ability to wrestle back up once taken down absolutely is not as good as sean's, and he doesn't have the grappling that sean has once it hits the mat

5. No, izzy is most succepitble to takedowns in the open mat, so that he can't use the cage for TDD, and as you said it your self, ddp has great explosive double legs, also a nice single, also showed a great inside trip, and many other types of takedowns.

Also, none of this is taking into consideration Izzy's age and the fact that he clearly seems to be in the twilight of his career.
Great post, only thing I can think to add is that Strickland and DDP fight at a very fast pace and Izzy doesn't like fighting at a fast pace and it seems to give him issues when he's forced to.

I was one of those people.
l@nd0

I'm just saying, DDP has been fighting everyone differently, he gameplans very well, he's very good at controlling the distance and fighting out of either stance, he's not going to fight Izzy like he fought Strickland. He has great takedowns and finishing ability both with strikes and submissions, standing and on the ground, he also has good kicks that will keep Izzy honest. He fights at an absurd pace and Izzy doesn't like to fight at a fast pace and has had issues with it when he's forced to. DDP is also awkward which makes him harder to predict which IMO generally makes him a hard match up for counter strikers, which Izzy is. Skill set wise the most similar opponent to DDP that Izzy has fought is Jan. He also has youth and way less mileage in his favor.

Dricus kicking game isn't any better than Costa's. You're making it seem like he's this elite kicker which he isn't. Most of his kicks against Strickland were checked and did no damage.

His kicking game is considerably more diverse than costas. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise. DDP goes inside and outside on the leg, he goes high with both the lead and rear leg, he'll go to the body, he'll use question mark kicks, spinning kicks etc etc. On top of all that, he can do most of them from orthodox AND southpaw. Strickland did a good job checking, but the checking didn't stop DDP at all from attacking that leg and DDP got strickland's leg several times while strickland was pivoting away, he also got strickland to the body a lot from southpaw, and his question mark kick landed a few times as well.

Costa predominately goes with body kicks, powerful body kicks, from one stance. He is powerful, but nowhere near as diverse as Dricus in any area of the game to be honest.

Last edited:
Back