JoJo made the worst decision of her career

They don't unless they renegotiate, which is a whole thing on it's own.

You definitely aren't getting paid 2x.
There is a championship clause.... not a contender clause you are very right they make their normal money no ppv points either unless you are the champ or a proven star.

Reactions: xP
And against a bull of a fighter who hits hard, doesn't get discouraged, and is used to fighting rangy fighters as well.

I thought Maia was going to bully her on the feet, which she was quite easily. Didn't expect the submission, but Jojo has always had crap BJJ.

Reactions like this make it embarrassing to be a fan of this sport.

Joanne and Valentina signed contracts in February to fight on June 6th at what was supposed to be UFC251.

It then comes out in late March Valentina is injured and needs to have surgery on her leg.

In April Valentina has surgery on her leg and says she should be ready to return in August.

The end of July comes around, Valentina is still not ready to fight and publicly has not indicated when she will be.

Calderwood had not fought since September 2019, was she supposed to wait another 3-4 months and go 15 months without earning any money and without fighting?

Valentina then breaks her silence immediately calling out Maia on twitter after Calderwood loses......

So she renegs on her fight contract with Calderwood, holds up Calderwoods career for half a year, and because Calderwood was forced to take a fight to pay her bills she shouldn't get the title shot?

She should be embarrassed she put Calderwood in this position, not call out a trash can whose missed weight in half of her UFC fights. Dana should just dissolve that division at this point.

this.

125 needs to be dissolved.

It was high risk, but also high reward.
Dana likes fighters that take last minute fights and had she won she probably could have used this as some leverage in negotiations

Fine line between being confident in your shit, and making a stupid as fuck decision.
jojoknee_by_fincher7-dasrrfy.gif

she was never a good fighter. the fact people think shev is some elite level striker technique-wise compared to the elite male fighters is hilarious anyways. WMMA is eons behind MMMA.

Great opinion. Shut the fuck up, though. You're just being a turd. If you don't care, stick to other threads, fucking D-bag

This is some participation trophy mentality right here.
You know a lot about participation trophies, probably from school, because his post is about being professional and respecting other fighters.

Reactions: CPH
You know a lot about participation trophies, probably from school, because his post is about being professional and respecting other fighters.

OH... Good one. You got me.

WTF does respecting fighters have to do with awarding fighters a title fight after a loss? Fighters and fans like to act like a title opportunity is a guarantee, and that the fighter is suddenly owed that opportunity when things change. Joanne didn't get the title fight for having an indisputable run through other challengers; she was given the opportunity because there weren't any better options at the time. She was literally riding a 1 fight win streak, and you think she deserves a title fight after losing? She knew the risks; she was lucky to even be in that position with her record; and she would be destroyed by Shevchenko. I like JoJo, but cut the white knight act and face the facts. Her record in the UFC is 6-5. Feel bad for Tony Ferguson. He should have had a title shot long ago, but just like Joanne, he knew the risks.

She's a fighter so she fights. Too many people justify cowardly acts for being smart. So good on her. On the flip side, she's just not that good. Not champ material, not fighting the champ material.

I have never seen her win a fight ever. Now they just have her doing dumb skits in her cute voice like saying Nate Diaz quotes ect - probably for the best.

You had the title shot and you took a week's notice fight during Covid just to earn Dana's approval? Now look where it got you.
I said this on this forum as soon as the fight was announced, I said it was a bad decision and she’d unlikely ever get offered that title shot again.

She's a fighter so she fights. Too many people justify cowardly acts for being smart. So good on her. On the flip side, she's just not that good. Not champ material, not fighting the champ material.
She’s way too stiff, she hasn’t adapted her striking well for MMA. She does terrible against people standing in the pocket and throwing bombs at her, she just closes her eyes. She requires someone to fight her at a distance and play her game. She’s not good at implementing her game on others. I went to the gym she used to train at night vet 10 years ago and she was on the mats before she done MMA. She has no excuse after all this time to not be better on the ground.

Probably needed the money for Iron Brue and smack

Almost as bad as Anthony Smith not taking the title on a technicality after JJ kneed him in the head.

Including that 30k Reebok money Calderwood probably lost 100k by taking the Maia fight rather than waiting for Val.

That's in the short term at least as, injuries aside, I can't see any reason why Shevchenko shouldn't defend every 90 days or so. Maybe Calderwood will get her crack down the line ....... actually maybe not since 125 is an improving division with a lot of potential and I can see Jojo losing to upandcomers.

Easy come, easy go I say - getting a TS with one split decision win is just absurd. And Maya was winning before she won, she was getting the better of JoJo on the feet. Calderwood come out somewhat cocky and too sure in her win...

As for Bullet, I think she beats both of them back to back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back