Rewatch What was the worst destruction of a champion ever?

A fresh one not yet mentioned - Stipe over Werdum. He clowned him, literally. Werdum spent so much time doing that stupid face and ended up doing a real stupid faceplant and naruto running right at stipe.
After, Stipe did actually admit those leg kicks actually really hurt him.

Volk winning the 1st round makes the fight not completely one sided

Conor/Eddie and TJ/Barao are the best examples

Volk winning the 1st round makes the fight not completely one sided
Nah not at all. Dude was even stuffing Islam's td's like nobody at 155 does.

Manny Muniz employing the tank n spank strategy against KO Christapher to win the WW strap was a thing of beauty. Ate every shot, was ahead on the cards going into the fifth, then slept him. Complete destruction of one of the scariest and hardest hitting warriors in the sport.

MannyMuniz? Tank and spank? What the fuck are you talking about?

Jon jones vs Shogun

I just got around to watching Topura vs Volkanovski and it was completely one-sided, short, and most people are now saying Volk is done. He is now 1-3 in his last 4, albeit against top opponents. What was the worst attempt at a belt defence, where the champion had absolutely nothing for the challenger?

I'm going to have to go with Rousey - Holm (UFC 195, 2/1/2016). This was a shocking upset against a seemingly invincible champion and heavy favourite, which took Ronda to the brink of suicide and all but ended her career. Holly stifled Ronda's grappling with ease and humiliated her on the feet, knocking her out cold in the second round.

_xLCZZ.gif
Vs Shigyn

It wasn't MMA, but damn.. never thought I'd see Francis get brutally stopped like that after seeing him run through the HW division in the UFC

It wasn't MMA, but damn.. never thought I'd see Francis get brutally stopped like that after seeing him run through the HW division in the UFC
I get it man, I don't blame you, Tyson Fury really got a lot of people excited. He really shit the bed not taking Francis seriously. Old boxing heads were really embarrassed, lol. They're super insecure about it too. Same dudes that hated Joshua (these are Andy Ruiz fans) and called him a can, were cheering after he beat Big Frank. All they could do was go on and on about how boxers are elite athletes and UFC fighters are glorified bar brawlers that are allowed to scratch and pull hair, lol.

To be clear about my position, I was supportive or Big Frank from day one and appropriately called anyone who went along with the "fumbled the bag" rhetoric a shill. I'm glad he got one over on the UFC and made millions of dollars, and I hope he created an example for many to follow. That said, fighting elite level heavyweights was never going to end well.

Back