Volk made the worst decision in the history of the sport.

Well, I can recall a time where a person had behaved in a way similar to Volk and it went good.

In fact, I cant recall a time where a person got head kicked KOed and then turned around quickly to get KOed again, and then proceeded to not fall off.

Jorge Santiago comes to mind

Yeah, you make a good argument that he pushed himself too hard. But that's Volk. Dude achieved the legendary title run that he did because he wanted to accomplish as many great things as possible during his time. Yeah he's been finished badly twice in his last two fights, but we'll remember the incredible streak he put together. And knowing him, he may try to make one more run.

Yeah, you make a good argument that he pushed himself too hard. But that's Volk. Dude achieved the legendary title run that he did because he wanted to accomplish as many great things as possible during his time. Yeah he's been finished badly twice in his last two fights, but we'll remember the incredible streak he put together. And knowing him, he may try to make one more run.

Fair enough: I guess you take the upside with the downside.

Last night just puts into perspective just how terrible Volk has been throughout his entire career really.

Oh stop crying you old woman.

Y'all whining and complaining,while Volk out there doin shit.

He definitely needs to take an extended time off. Hopefully is manager, team and family convince him to take at least 8 to 10 months off. No training for a month and half just go on a vacation, hang out with friends and family and do some cooking. Relax.

Fighting four times in a year, while not being a necessarily bad decision, is dubious.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while being laudable, is very risky.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, is imprudent.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, is downright reckless.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, plus having surgery in the middle of it, is irrational behaviour.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, plus having surgery in the middle of it, and taking the 3rd fight on short notice and getting kick in the head by the best p4p fighter in the world, is legitimate low iq behaviour.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, plus having surgery in the middle of it, and taking the 3rd fight on short notice and getting kick in the head by the best p4p fighter in the world, and then taking a fight vs the guy in your division with the best boxing and hardest punching only four months later...well, that must be one of the worst decision made in the history of the sport.
TLDR.

HENRY CEJUDO was on this fucking card even 100x worse decision to retire as double champion in his prime.

So many here cry about inactivity, here Volk is being an absolute warrior and now that's getting shit on, lol

If anything I think he should've waited and recovered longer after that KO loss to Islam, but I have no issue with the frequency itself.

TLDR.

HENRY CEJUDO was on this fucking card even 100x worse decision to retire as double champion in his prime.

Okay, I see what you are getting at, but hear me out: Henry's decision to retire was actually a good one. Because Henry would have lost to Yan if they fought, and having a loss in his prime would have looked worse than losing two fights coming back now.

So many here cry about inactivity, here Volk is being an absolute warrior and now that's getting shit on, lol

If anything I think he should've waited and recovered longer after that KO loss to Islam, but I have no issue with the frequency itself.
I agree with all that. I think he should have waited at least a coupl more months before he fought topuria.

He dared to be great. Chances are at 35, his prime was over anyway and he may have still lost his last 2 fights anyway even in different circumstances, just in a much more competitive manner.

Also OP that's not one bad decision, that's a series of bad decisions in a row.

He dared to be great. Chances are at 35, his prime was over anyway and he may have still lost his last 2 fights anyway even in different circumstances, just in a much more competitive manner.

Also OP that's not one bad decision, that's a series of bad decisions in a row.
Fair enough: I should have written "set of decisions in a short time".

I think the worst decision made is tony not fighting dustin for the interim title all he had to do was win and he could have fought khabib

Another elaborate but lame excuse. Topuria rules Earth, Spain rules the South Pacific.

Someone in the FW division ruling Earth. Country that used Mexico to essentially run the Philippines in the Pacific.

Right.

I think the worst decision made is tony not fighting dustin for the interim title all he had to do was win and he could have fought khabib

Thats a good contender. But I think Tony would have gotten mauled by Khabib anyway, so not a whole lot would have changed. Whereas I think Volk could have won vs Topuria if he hadn't fought Islam in October, and then continued his legacy and eventually had a full camp rematch vs Islam

Fighting four times in a year, while not being a necessarily bad decision, is dubious.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while being laudable, is very risky.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, is imprudent.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, is downright reckless.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, plus having surgery in the middle of it, is irrational behaviour.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, plus having surgery in the middle of it, and taking the 3rd fight on short notice and getting kick in the head by the best p4p fighter in the world, is legitimate low iq behaviour.
Fighting four times in a year vs elite competition, while also moving up and down in weight classes, and being 34/35, plus having surgery in the middle of it, and taking the 3rd fight on short notice and getting kick in the head by the best p4p fighter in the world, and then taking a fight vs the guy in your division with the best boxing and hardest punching only four months later...well, that must be one of the worst decision made in the history of the sport.
He got paid close to a mil for that fight. He has successful businesses outside the UFC also and will come out of the sport with life changing finances and a great claim as the FW GOAT of the sport and one of the best to do it. Nobody else was even close to his payfor losing on that card with a win and he is on his way out sadly. He was looking good before he got caught, so it definitely affected him, but in the end he had an amazing career even if he loses his next fight and calls it.

It's unfortunate, but we will miss him when Ilia turns out like the current crop of diva's and refuses to fight the top guys.

Back