JoJo made the worst decision of her career

Reactions like this make it embarrassing to be a fan of this sport.

Joanne and Valentina signed contracts in February to fight on June 6th at what was supposed to be UFC251.

It then comes out in late March Valentina is injured and needs to have surgery on her leg.

In April Valentina has surgery on her leg and says she should be ready to return in August.

The end of July comes around, Valentina is still not ready to fight and publicly has not indicated when she will be.

Calderwood had not fought since September 2019, was she supposed to wait another 3-4 months and go 15 months without earning any money and without fighting?

Valentina then breaks her silence immediately calling out Maia on twitter after Calderwood loses......

So she renegs on her fight contract with Calderwood, holds up Calderwoods career for half a year, and because Calderwood was forced to take a fight to pay her bills she shouldn't get the title shot?

She should be embarrassed she put Calderwood in this position, not call out a trash can whose missed weight in half of her UFC fights. Dana should just dissolve that division at this point.

While true, Valentina would have lit her up.

Fighters need fights, particularly those without a good income. She took her chances, I'm sad for her not getting a main pop but Val would have dismantled her anyhow. Like she said if she cant win this fight she doesn't deserve the title shot. Well question answered.

Maia looked solid out there but Val still dismantles her.

She saved herself being a highlight reel KO for Valentina. She's a sweetheart but she's not anywhere close to being a title shot contender.

I really like Jojo, but mainly because of her easy going nature and her voice, of course.

Like a number of other female fighters, Jojo simply isn't physically capable of throwing fast punches, she almost seems in slow motion with her striking. Her opponent was much faster.
Jojo doesn't move her head from side to side very much, and as a consequence she gets hit too often.
Valentina would of absolutely destroyed her.
There is no way she will get another title shot.

You had the title shot and you took a week's notice fight during Covid just to earn Dana's approval? Now look where it got you.
Didn't matter anyway, she was gonna get killed by Shev. Maia has a better chance.

Banging her coach made her cocky. She lost against KGB anyway in my opinion.

You had the title shot and you took a week's notice fight during Covid just to earn Dana's approval? Now look where it got you.

some people forget that fighting is also their job

you know, they gotta pay bills and shit

I mean...not really?

do you, or anyone, including Jojo honestly think she had a shot at Shevchenko? she wasn't getting paid extra to fight Shevchenko and this is her job. She got paid tonight just the same as she would losing to Shev.

Sure, her rep takes less of a hit losing to Shev but like, is it worth sitting out when you have fucking bills? Idk mane.
I could be mistaken, but I believe title challengers get a fairly substantial bump in pay. I wouldn't be surprised if a loss to Shevchenko paid more than a couple of "normal" wins for her.

In the grand scheme of things, this was a smart move. Jojo avoided the ass whooping Shevchenko would've given her.

With WFW being so thin it's not like Jojo could avoid that ass whooping, she just delayed it by a few months.

Joanne and Valentina signed contracts in February to fight on June 6th at what was supposed to be UFC251.

It then comes out in late March Valentina is injured and needs to have surgery on her leg.

In April Valentina has surgery on her leg and says she should be ready to return in August.

The end of July comes around, Valentina is still not ready to fight and publicly has not indicated when she will be.

Calderwood had not fought since September 2019, was she supposed to wait another 3-4 months and go 15 months without earning any money and without fighting?

Valentina then breaks her silence immediately calling out Maia on twitter after Calderwood loses......

So she renegs on her fight contract with Calderwood, holds up Calderwoods career for half a year, and because Calderwood was forced to take a fight to pay her bills she shouldn't get the title shot?

She should be embarrassed she put Calderwood in this position, not call out a trash can whose missed weight in half of her UFC fights. Dana should just dissolve that division at this point.
You sound like an idiot

She would have gotten absolutely crushed by the champ. This is for the better.

This is some participation trophy mentality right here.

that division is as shallow as an ankle.... shes one win back from title shot lol..

doesn't change anything, calderwood's never been good and if she had gotten that joke of a titleshot then valentina would have just put a prolonged beating on her or kicked her head off anyway.

every single fan and every single fighter in the division knows they don't have anything for valentina.

Dana said that her taking the fight on short notice means that "shes real." Wtf does that even mean? Being stupid makes you real? Being smart and trying to maximize how much money you during a short career by keeping a title shot and hopefully winning it makes you not real?

This right here folks, is why some people live on sherdog. Nothing this poster said even has the beginning of a coherent thought. Waiting and not working makes noone successful you noob.

Reactions: xP
I could be mistaken, but I believe title challengers get a fairly substantial bump in pay. I wouldn't be surprised if a loss to Shevchenko paid more than a couple of "normal" wins for her.

They don't unless they renegotiate, which is a whole thing on it's own.

You definitely aren't getting paid 2x.

Back