Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

I think if they actually make Volk v Topuria they'd be ignoring the LW stint and focusing just on the FW streak, ehh they're promoters and can figure this stuff out.

I meant his first loss at FW to be clear. And yeah Aldo deserved to rematch McGregor, for some reason he decided to go up to WW though.

Volk didn't hold up the division for as long as some fighters have in the past. Also he's got gigantic balls for taking on Islam as well (twice), I feel that deserves a bit of respect.
I missed the part where respect=title shot. He gets respect for moving up, but a rematch after getting ko'd twice in a short time span is not warranted imo

I missed the part where respect=title shot. He gets respect for moving up, but a rematch after getting ko'd twice in a short time span is not warranted imo

I love Vblk so it may colour my judgement, I can’t do anything but respect the guy

As long as he fights Max instead I don't mind. If he ducks Max too he's a duck.

Ilia is still young, why not take Volk in Aus? That will do a massive gate and solid PPV. Ilia should beat Volk quite easily too.. Volk is too old.

Fight againstax is more dangerous tbh.

He'll run through Ortega, that's not really a big fight.

Topuria is apparently looking for Sean O’Malley-level protection.

Alex should be be able to heal and get an immediate title shot when he comes back.
alex doesnt need a contender fight neither, let ilia fight whoever he thinks is gonna get him
the bag whether that be connor Max Paddy ortega and regardless of the outcome
let Alex get Next.... Im far from the biggest alex fan in fact i find him BORING however
principle is principle and he gets that right. Dana literally ruined him by bribing him to take
that crappy middle east card with islam. they could of built that up bigger.

Who is he gonna fight again? Max? Volk Rematch or Ortega?

I don’t mind really, Volk really does need a bit of a break and if it means the only way for that to happen is Topuria turning down his fights, so be it.

Reactions: HHJ
I'm sorry but Volk doesn't deserve a rematch. He is old as shit and KOd twice in a row. If he still has *it* let him prove it against someone else at 145. If he wins that then by all means. Too many rematches.

Another "best in the world" champ who doesn't want to fight the other best in the world.

If Illia loses, does he dare demand a rematch?

Another "best in the world" champ who doesn't want to fight the other best in the world.

If Illia loses, does he dare demand a rematch?
That's has his business. The champ got to do what's best for the champ. It's hard to stay motivated to fight a guy you already beat that people think already is on the way out.

Topuria is apparently looking for Sean O’Malley-level protection.
He should if he's smart. But turning down Volk doesn't mean he's looking for easy fights.

That's has his business. The champ got to do what's best for the champ. It's hard to stay motivated to fight a guy you already beat that people think already is on the way out.
Then what's the goal as champ these days?

Does he just hold out forever for Conor because it's the biggest money fight? Does he put the belt on hold, stall the division, and move up a division or two so he can try to get more belts?

It's getting fucking ridiculous. The dude just became champ and is already trying to dictate who he fights like he's cleaned out the division. It reeks of insecurity and fear of losing the belt. Stall tactics to stay champ as long as possible. Reminds me of Conor.

You're telling me there is zero motivation in winning two back to back fights against the arguable GOAT in the division? There is no glory to be had for taking out an extremely dominant ex-champ? Seriously?

Are you also telling me that a title fight against Volk in Perth won't draw any viewers or make any money? Again, WTF?

Long time dominant champs like Volk getting an instant rematch doesn't bother me, but even if you feel like Volk doesn't deserve it, Illia still won't even fight Max. He's licking his lips at Ortega who is the weaker fight compared to Max and Volk.

Max just had the performance of his life at a higher weight class against one of the most violent men in the UFC. He's a huge test and a big name. It's what the fans want to see, and that fight that will make a lot of money.

Tell me, which main event will make the most money? Topuria vs Volkanovski? Topuria vs Holloway? Or Topuria vs Ortega?

I'm over this diva phase of champs being whiny, entitled cunts. The best in the world should have no issues facing anyone.

Then what's the goal as champ these days?

Does he just hold out forever for Conor because it's the biggest money fight? Does he put the belt on hold, stall the division, and move up a division or two so he can try to get more belts?

It's getting fucking ridiculous. The dude just became champ and is already trying to dictate who he fights like he's cleaned out the division. It reeks of insecurity and fear of losing the belt. Stall tactics to stay champ as long as possible. Reminds me of Conor.

You're telling me there is zero motivation in winning two back to back fights against the arguable GOAT in the division? There is no glory to be had for taking out an extremely dominant ex-champ? Seriously?

Are you also telling me that a title fight against Volk in Perth won't draw any viewers or make any money? Again, WTF?

Long time dominant champs like Volk getting an instant rematch doesn't bother me, but even if you feel like Volk doesn't deserve it, Illia still won't even fight Max. He's licking his lips at Ortega who is the weaker fight compared to Max and Volk.

Max just had the performance of his life at a higher weight class against one of the most violent men in the UFC. He's a huge test and a big name. It's what the fans want to see, and that fight that will make a lot of money.

Tell me, which main event will make the most money? Topuria vs Volkanovski? Topuria vs Holloway? Or Topuria vs Ortega?

I'm over this diva phase of champs being whiny, entitled cunts. The best in the world should have no issues facing anyone.
UFC Dont always have champs best interests in mind. What's the point of being champ without exerting some power? Don't have to jump when they say how high. There's decent enough reason to avoid volk rematch for right now in favor of someone else more interesting/deserving/profitable.

UFC Dont always have champs best interests in mind. What's the point of being champ without exerting some power? Don't have to jump when they say how high. There's decent enough reason to avoid volk rematch for right now in favor of someone else more interesting/deserving/profitable.
So what's the most profitable fight?
The most deserving?
The most interesting?

- Topuria vs Volkanovski?
- Topuria vs Holloway?
- Topuria vs Ortega?

I'd say vs Volk is the best choice for Topuria for two reasons:

- It's the biggest money fight. Fighting in Perth against Volk will draw in big numbers. Volk has accomplished at lot, and has only lost once at 145lbs. He's the biggest name in the division.
- It's the easiest fight. Because Volk is old and "on his way out". Volk was KO'd twice recently. And apparently Topuria has his number. So it's an easy win, right?

What's the reason to avoid the Volk rematch? I'm curious to know.

The 2nd biggest fight is vs Holloway. It's probably the most deserving as well. And it'd be profitable for sure. And I'd say it's very interesting since they've never fought each other.

And then we have Ortega, who has been gone forever, and is now on a 1 fight win streak... Yeah, not very main event worthy in my eyes, but I guess if you're cherry picking then it's the way to go.

So who does Topuria fight?

So what's the most profitable fight?
The most deserving?
The most interesting?

- Topuria vs Volkanovski?
- Topuria vs Holloway?
- Topuria vs Ortega?

I'd say vs Volk is the best choice for Topuria for two reasons:

- It's the biggest money fight. Fighting in Perth against Volk will draw in big numbers. Volk has accomplished at lot, and has only lost once at 145lbs. He's the biggest name in the division.
- It's the easiest fight. Because Volk is old and "on his way out". Volk was KO'd twice recently. And apparently Topuria has his number. So it's an easy win, right?

What's the reason to avoid the Volk rematch? I'm curious to know.

The 2nd biggest fight is vs Holloway. It's probably the most deserving as well. And it'd be profitable for sure. And I'd say it's very interesting since they've never fought each other.

And then we have Ortega, who has been gone forever, and is now on a 1 fight win streak... Yeah, not very main event worthy in my eyes, but I guess if you're cherry picking then it's the way to go.

So who does Topuria fight?
I dont know who he will fight. Im just saying it's ok to try to exert your influence as champ. That's what part of getting the belts is for.

Ilya should have just asked for more money.

Volk is old, might have a drinking problem and is coming off a KO.

He should also pretend that the BLM belt means nothing to get more leverage.

ya9PZw.gif

I really don't know why he'd say yes anyway. Wrecks his prospects if he loses and if he wins he is retreading old (and damaged) ground. These 2 will always put on an entertaining fight but this would be a relatively pointless defence and waste of time

Reactions: HHJ
Fuck these instant rematches. Volk done got knocked the fuck out 2 times in a row, very easily. Dude needs to go to the back of the line.
Good take normally... but VOlk has been champ for like 5 years. He took that islam fight on 8 days notice and got Ko'd... he also rematched Max TWICE which he really didn't have to do..

I think UFC owes him a rematch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back