UFC 304 is seriously stacked

Aspinall should be the main event. He is the champ despite of the Jones drama and a HW.
UFC was particularly appreciative during the run up to UFC300 when they were trying to get Leon Edwards on that fight card, when Leon simply said "yes" to every single opponent suggested, and I think there were 3 or 4 different opponents the UFC came up with.
So UFC are rewarding him with the Main Event in a rare UK PPV.

Aspinall is the New Kid on the Block (in relative terms) and so he's getting 2nd billing. Plus that Aspinall/Blaydes fight is for Interim Belt and not the Undisputed Belt.

Edwards has 17 UFC fights going back to 2014. That's a LOT of UFC fights. Coming up to 10 years as a UFC fighter.
Aspinall has 8 UFC fights going back to 2020. Almost 4 years as a UFC fighter.

Ergo..... it's only correct and fair that Leo Edwards fight is the main event for these reasons.

UFC was particularly appreciative during the run up to UFC300 when they were trying to get Leon Edwards on that fight card, when Leon simply said "yes" to every single opponent suggested, and I think there were 3 or 4 different opponents the UFC came up with.
So UFC are rewarding him with the Main Event in a rare UK PPV.

Aspinall should be the main event. He is the champ despite of the Jones drama and a HW.
and here is the interview from February where Dana talks about the UFC300 card, and what happened with Leon Edwards regarding that......

timestamped :

It’s a good card , I think calling it stacked is a bit of an exaggeration

It's a nice PPV. We've just become accustomed to shit PPVs so anything that is worthy of a PPV looks like a million dollar card.

I really do love that card. I knew they were holding Leon for that card but wasn't sure they would pull the trigger with Belal challenging. I not fan of Belal but glad he is going to get this title shot.

Edwards vs Belal
Aspinall vs Blaydes
Allen vs Giga
Mokaev vs Kape
Green vs Paddy

I'm especially excited for Mokaev vs Kape. Great matchup on paper between 2 guys on a roll.
Yeah, it is a better card then 300 imo.

Heavyweights should be ME
Big Boyz on Top
Don’t care how much a yes man Leon has been

It's a nice PPV. We've just become accustomed to shit PPVs so anything that is worthy of a PPV looks like a million dollar card.
Weve been accustomed to so many good ppvs that when 1 or 2 are bad sherdog cries the UFC is dying

MVP vs Wonderboy sounds good on paper, but can only see it being a hard sparring point fighting match up would be fun nontheless
Very true. Still would like to see who's better even if boring. Like I would've liked Machida/Silva back in the day too.

304 is going to be the best UK card ever, even better than Bisping vs Silva (2016).

Back