If Max beats Ilia, does GOAT FW rankings change?

I know all of that. One fluke win over an out of prime Lawler sure as hell shouldn't make Askeen top 5 after a career of can crushing.

Diaz not even beating a ranked welter, but someone else that got a ranked win again in rather fully fashion should make Diaz #7 ww?

Hey if you wanna believe that more power to you.
If you beat the champ, you’re the champ. If you beat a ranked fighter you get their ranking. The fact remains that Masvidal beat 3 top10 fighters in spectacular fashion and was 100% deserving a title shot

If you beat the champ, you’re the champ. If you beat a ranked fighter you get their ranking. The fact remains that Masvidal beat 3 top10 fighters in spectacular fashion and was 100% deserving a title shot
Wait what? You think if you beat someone no matter where you were ranked, you should automatically get their ranking? That's ridiculous.

Wait what? You think if you beat someone no matter where you were ranked, you should automatically get their ranking? That's ridiculous.
It’s literally how it works

Maxs success is volks success

He 50-45d him twice and won a 3-2 despite melatonin gate

Also max has like 6 losses at featherweight compared to volks 1
Don’t agree with this take at all. If Max beats Ilia and Volk loses to ilia, it changes things from volk is clearly a better fighter, to volk v max is a good style match up.

Don’t agree with this take at all. If Max beats Ilia and Volk loses to ilia, it changes things from volk is clearly a better fighter, to volk v max is a good style match up.
Except max completely changed his style of fighting in each of their rematches and still lost

Aldo is the GOAT no debate. Only idiots would think it's Volk
You avoid debate, because it exposes that he actually isn’t the GOAT. Beating subpar fighters like Hominick and Gamburyan doesn’t make you the undeniable GOAT.

What are the current GOAT featherweight rankings?

Aldo reigned in an era where FW didn’t even exist yet in the UFC. The division was still thin.

He also fought a lot of wrestlers and Aldo was tailor made to beat wrestlers probably best takedown defense in the game.

Aldo didn’t face too many great strikers during his reign ( best one being Mark Hominick ). He ran into issues as soon as he faced great strikers in McGregor, Holloway, and Volk.

Aldo isn’t goat because he reigned in a era that was simply too early and he couldn’t make it in the next one.
Aldo's time before the UFC should still be considered when looking at his whole body of work. He was basically matching Anderson Silva's performances (and getting props from Silva) while defending his WEC title and transitioning to the UFC

I still even consider guys like Urijah Faber and Kid Yamamoto to be top 10 all time 145ers because when I started watching the sport, those guys seemed unbeatable. Doesn't matter that the UFC didn't adopt that division yet. They dominated some deep divisions in WEC and K1 HEROES

Volk deserves a rematch……but that fight doesn’t get me excited at all ….style mismatch

He's convinced that he's getting it towards the end of the year. We'll see if it actually happens.

Aldo's time before the UFC should still be considered when looking at his whole body of work. He was basically matching Anderson Silva's performances (and getting props from Silva) while defending his WEC title and transitioning to the UFC

I still even consider guys like Urijah Faber and Kid Yamamoto to be top 10 all time 145ers because when I started watching the sport, those guys seemed unbeatable. Doesn't matter that the UFC didn't adopt that division yet. They dominated some deep divisions in WEC and K1 HEROES

It should still be considered but the fact is, not only that it was a thin division, but that the majority of top talent of FW size was fighting at LW, because that's where the money was for them. And it's called prizefighting for a reason.

Back