With Volk likely done at the top, Volk or Aldo as FW Goat?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I thought if Volk were to beat Topuria and defend against someone like Evloev, I think that would easily place him as FW Goat, though I loved me some Aldo.

After last night's loss, and likely his time at the top finished, I'm not sure where you'd place Volk in FW Goat rankings.

I think prime Volk beats prime Aldo, but Aldo was dominant a lot longer, but I do think Aldo lost fair and square to Max and Conor, and Max had nothing for Volk.

This is really hard to say. I do think an argument for Aldo is a strong one for due to his long time at the top, but...

What says you and why?

Personally, I know Volk has 5 defenses to Aldo's 9, but I think Volk. I think a better fighter, a win head to head though some may argue was past it and I think wins over better opponents.

I always had Aldo as GOAT. Volk never passed him and still hasn't.

I still think Aldo has a better resume, more title defenses and a better skill set.

Volk had good take down defense and was great at overpowering a lot of these featherweights but prime Aldo was a more complete striker, was much faster and more explosive striker, had real KO power and had even better takedown defense

Its so hard for me to pick, so I am just going to flip a coin.

One one hand, Aldo has 9 title defenses including WEC. On the other hand, Volk beat Aldo Max x 3 while Aldo lost to Conor, Max 2, Volk.

Greatest of the last 10-15 years in the 145 pound (66kg) weight division.

Who cares? Put your fuckin shovels away bitches.

I always had Aldo as GOAT. Volk never passed him and still hasn't.

I still think Aldo has a better resume, more title defenses and a better skill set.

Volk had good take down defense and was great at overpowering a lot of these featherweights but prime Aldo was a more complete striker, was much faster and more explosive striker, had real KO power and had even better takedown defense
He's so good at it that people don't know he's a brasileiro gold medalist at purple, bronze in the mundials at brown and gold at brown in cbjjo when it was neck and neck with ibjjf and beat the goat fw in bjj-cobrinha- 2x.

Back