• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In hindsight we can see Poatan would have worked Izzy in the 2nd fight and DPP would have beat him

Leon Edwards

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Izzy was made out to be some super slick kickboxer. In reality he relies on leg kicks, does not have a jab, does not have much power outside of a counter.

Poatan was on his way to a dominant victory and Izzy knew this so he ducked the rematch.

DPP is a mauler similar to Strickland but DPP has better takedowns. Is DPP can avoid the leg kicks and has good head defence Izzy is done.

Izzy has been exposed. No one is going to fall for his playing possum tricks any more

Izzy pulled off a perfect playing possum technique.. anyone who did that surely would avoid a rematch

Just like a Werdum did when he subbed Fedor

He could use this technique in the rematch against Sean

That makes sense - is my response to every post so far

Izzy pulled off a perfect playing possum technique.. anyone who did that surely would avoid a rematch

Just like a Werdum did when he subbed Fedor

He could use this technique in the rematch against Sean
Israel tried it multiple times, Sean didn’t bite. Strickland is not as dumb as people make him out to be.

Israel needs to fight, he needs to learn how to fight in the pocket. He relies heavily on strikes on the outside and looks uncomfortable once he’s cornered or pressured. He needs to clean up his Boxing and not be so tentative and afraid of getting in fire fight.

Israel tried it multiple times, Sean didn’t bite. Strickland is not as dumb as people make him out to be.

Israel needs to fight, he needs to learn how to fight in the pocket. He relies heavily on strikes on the outside and looks uncomfortable once he’s cornered or pressured. He needs to clean up his Boxing and not be so tentative and afraid of getting in fire fight.
Strickland learned from the Poatan fight and never fell for the possum

Yea, Perraira was winning 2nd fight before KO. More and more I start to think this KO was more fluke than anything.

I remember people reaction when i said DDP will beat Adesanya.

Its nice to be proven right.

Yea, Perraira was winning 2nd fight before KO. More and more I start to think this KO was more fluke than anything.

And Izzy was winning the fight in their second KB match before the KO (although I don't think that you've seen the fight) and he almost KO'd Pereira at the end of the first round in their first mma bout. It's not as if Adesanya had never put Alex in danger during their fights.

That's dumb and you know it's dumb. A fluke is like Kevin Souza knocking his opponent out because they change levels when he throws a jab to the body or like Gray Maynard knocking himself out slamming Emerson. Don't be dumb.

Strickland learned from the Poatan fight and never fell for the possum
I also think people are underestimating how important Strickland training with Pereira was. I know Poatan gave full credit to Sean and he deserved it but I think Alex is minimizing his importance in this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back