• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Caffeine

Makes sense. My buddy will drink coffee and red bull in the morning like its nothing. He's skinny and has always had a very fast metabolism.

Theres more to that story then you think there is.

I'm trying to limit my coffee intake to 2 cups a day. First around 7AM and second in early afternoon. If I have the opportunity to do a nap like on the weekends I don't take the second one.

I used to drink and whole pot and it made me feel like shit. I stopped completely and didn't feel as sharp.

So two cups is the sweet spot for me, drinking it in moderation to reap the benefits without the disadvantages.

I also love the taste of coffee and drink it black with no sugar.

I switched to decaf today. We'll see how it goes.

The effects of caffeine are dependent upon whether you're a slow metabolizer or a fast metabolizer of the substance. Slow metabolizers are the ones who primarily get issues from it: anxiety, extreme dependence and massive withdrawals (stays around longer = higher tolerance), sleep disruption. Fast metabolizers get a boost from it with no side effects. In reality it's more like a spectrum, you can also be just in the middle.

It's why people can't agree on it, you get a different experience depending on your genetics. I've seen slow metabolizers inrl and their dependence on coffee is insane, they start getting the shakes if they skip a coffee and if they decide to quit the withdrawals go on for a week. I can withdraw in about a day, usually a headache, and it's like I wasn't taking it regularly. It also makes no difference on my mood or energy levels if I skip it. I don't recommend doing the ancestry tests but if you've already done it it's going to be in the report.

This makes sense. I guess I'm an extremely fast metabolizer as I drink 6-8 black coffees pretty much every day, and it barely has any effect. I also get no withdrawal symptoms. My consumption is only really limited by me getting weird reflux and gas if I over-do it.

My mum was the same. When I was growing up I remember her drinking nothing but black coffee.

Ill have a large cup (probably around 1.5 to 2 cups) of coffee in the morning, then have a diet soda around 11 or so. Then no caffeine usually the rest of the day.

quit caffeine for 1 week (tea coffee cola chocolate) and after 1 week take 300-350mg caffeine at one time(mid size starbucks filter coffee) it just gives orgasm to the brain but if you do it everyday it just becomes normal...I do it for 1,5 year works %100 percent

some facts
until 2004 caffeine (over 600 mg) was on doping list at olympics
plants like tea,coffee produces caffeine as a posion for not to be eaten by bugs
some ecstasy drugs also has caffeine in them and a lot of medicine drugs

The end of end...Caffeine truely makes your brain different and I advice you feel your brain not affected by coffee...

Its possible that you give zero f..k for what I say so here s a guy talks what happened him after quiting 3 months at JRE

I quit too.

I'm seeing a lot of young people who are suffering from cardiac problems. I suspect experimental drug use but I found abstaining from caffeine has improved my sleep quality.

Back