• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Ikram have a real shot at beating Rob?

100% because I think Rob is old in fight years. He's only 33 but had a lot of fights and milage on his body.

Prime Rob, I'd say Rob would be -300.

DDP osoto otoshied Whittaker
For sure, a combat sambo world champ has a real shot
Not favourite but he can do something if he makes it a messy fight

100% because I think Rob is old in fight years. He's only 33 but had a lot of fights and milage on his body.

Prime Rob, I'd say Rob would be -300.
Do you think that a sambo champ has less fight years and wear than Rob?
They are both over thirty (31 and 33) and both have years of combat sports, but Rob is the more experienced in the UFC.

But we can definitely see a doctor stoppage in the desert here.

Probably, I think there's still a lot of unknowns about him for me at least.
While he's been booked against quite a few higher level opponents(Muniz, Hernandez, Imavov, Costa), his only two wins at middleweight were against Phill Hawes who's shot and a blown up Warlley Alves.

Mind you the second opponent was on short notice, I believe originally he was gonna fight Imavov on that date.
He's looked good enough so far outside of a little trouble with Hawes early with the kicks. It's a big jump, but a huge chance for him to prove himself here and Whittaker gets wobbled a lot in the later stages of his career.

I can't really make a proper assessment on how good he actually is yet, perhaps I'll have to watch some of his regional scene stuff for that. I will say I was surprised to see that he's not that big of a middleweight compared to some of the other ranked guys, doesn't really mean a ton tho.
The kid has all the tangibles, but he also has some question marks...his cardio for one.
Rob is a crafty veteran that has proven himself multiple times over.
That means I won't be turning my back on him...however, this fight might be another war, and can Rob win another war?

I think he can, but this one could be rough because the kid has killer instinct and if Rob is hurt he'll definitely get swarmed.

That being said ..war Rob

Definitely. Rob is too chinny & aging not to be vulnerable here. He's been rocked/dropped by; Costa, DDP, Izzy, Cannonier, Till, Romero, & Brunson, plus Wonderboy at WW. Been in some real wars over the years.

I think his tdd/get-ups are good enough to allow him to pick Ikram apart for 5 rounds, but he'll probably get an early scare or 2.

Rooting for him but taking the +money on Ikram as a sadness hedge.
“Sadness hedge” has a great sound to it. Beautifully worded man.

They are both over thirty (31 and 33) and both have years of combat sports, but Rob is the more experienced in the UFC.

Definitely...Even if it was "the same", Whittaker is 2 years older, so he does have more wear and tear.

Robert was recently tko'd, there is reason to think he is on the decline.

It Whittaker can survive early rounds, I can see Rob getting a tko. Also, I am not sure if Ikram cardio can hold up for 5rds under that desert heat.

I have full confidence in Rob's td defense.

Watching his highlights, he seems to be pretty green in the striking even though he has power, and he doesn’t seem like that much of a wrestler. Is there any possible way he can win this fight?
Absolutely. Very tough fight for Robert.

But Ikram been fighting scrubs so it's hard to tell how good he is.
It's easier to look good vs scrubs.

Ikram has a good chance of winning because Rob is washed.

There was a time where Arnold Allen looked like the future, Mokaev, Fiziev, Byrce Mitchell, Jack Shore, Yanez etc etc.

Bobby is not in his prime anymore imho... So ikram can ko him.

MW desperately needs good prospects. Its been so shitty for so many years.
Ikram basically gets to skip the line and prove whether he belongs. He has the credentials and he isn't some young buck, the time is nigh

but DDP is a muscular buffalo who won against good fighters in the ufc
Ikram only beat 2 cans
The question is not who is the favourite but who has a shot. Whittaker is favourite but the road to the victory for Aliskerov is not something inconceivable
If DDP can takes down Whittaker with a mix of rugby and judo, a combat sambo champion can also take him down. Once he is down, Alikserov could GnP him + lucky punch as Aliskerov has some KOs
If Whittaker loses to Aliskerov, he will not be out of the rankings

Ikram was a sambo champion multiple times, Rob has his hands full. He's going to be more difficult to beat than Costa and other guys Rob has fought lately. I think Whittaker isn't quite at the level he was, but this is a great test to see if he has it. It's refreshing to see matchups like this, because we get some movement in rankings where guys in the top 5 fight outside that bubble.

The TFerg path?
You do realize he won his last fight, ya?

Guess your talking about Rob as Tony hasn't won in like half a decade or something

Fighters can still win when they're on the decline, that was also Costa's fight fight in 18 months or so, I still say this is the start of the end
<6>

Ikram TKO is my prediction.

Other than his record which is like Gazillion-1 I'm not very impressed with Ikram

It would be good if he wins to renew the MW division tho.

Back