I'm getting old.

I’d trade money to be 33 again. And I ain’t much older.
TS is a gloomy fuck, 33 is no age and 40 isn't too bad either, however being 33 again, what would you choose? Be who you are now but wake up tomorrow back when you were 33, do you go a totally different direction or do you live the life you lived to change certain aspects you'd like to correct? {she had the best tits I ever saw, how I never plowed her will be a regret till the day I die, which if I think like the TS won't be too long in coming<45>}

TS is a gloomy fuck, 33 is no age and 40 isn't too bad either, however being 33 again, what would you choose? Be who you are now but wake up tomorrow back when you were 33, do you go a totally different direction or do you live the life you lived to change certain aspects you'd like to correct? {she had the best tits I ever saw, how I never plowed her will be a regret till the day I die, which if I think like the TS won't be too long in coming<45>}
I wouldn’t change anything

Life isn’t too different, not many years have passed since 33, although my mobility just isn’t there due to injuries. Used to be able to compete in any sport on any day. Now I can just bike fast. We all got to hang up the gloves at some point though. Lots of time left for whiskey!

you reached the number where from now on years will fly by like nothing...it's sad, but you have to stay positive somehow.

33 doesn't seem that old and your almost twice my age.

7 years until 40, at least half of my life done.

The moment I feared when I was a depressed teenager is coming, when I look back with nothing but regret.

I wonder how I fucked up so much. I've never been stupid, just aimless.

What if I become terminal? I've only been happy-ish and optimistic over the last four years.

I may say fuck the mortgage and blow my savings on travel until I die.

Any advice?

Shits keeping me awake at night.

Literally everyone is getting old.

You, me. My kids. All of us are getting older.

It's how time works.

Just stay active, eat well, and enjoy life.

Do stuff now that you want to do.

Live your life, and you'll find yourself aging more gracefully while finding others more commonly underestimating your age.

But don't fuck up your financial future, be smart.

Being homeless at 57 is a lot more depressing than being low on ambition at 30.

The moment I feared when I was a depressed teenager is coming, when I look back with nothing but regret.

What if I become terminal? I've only been happy-ish and optimistic over the last four years.

Any advice?

no advice buddy, other than to say your plight is common, don't be fooled by all the people running around acting like everything is everything, I won't say most people are miserable but I will say a lot of people are miserable. Suffering is a part of life and a part of the human condition, some may suffer inside, some may suffer outside, some may suffer during certain portions of their lives and not others but it's a part of life.

As far as being old, I used to feel old at 20, i could mention why I might have felt that way, but I won't. I'd say I feel younger now at 51 although my energy level and zest for life really aren't there right now. I lost a lot in my life, time, friends, relatives, my own innocence and a lot of hope but the one thing I held onto was my soul. I never sold it and never will, it would be a little late to start making all the compromises that most people are deep into by their mid twenties, but then, they find out, often, like you, that those compromises ain't worth the sacrifice.

I look at most people and just think they've been duped into some warped idea of security, the american dream or the perfect life. I don't see many that get what they thought they'd get and they look trapped and angry to me as an observer. It's not my job to judge them, or to tell them anything, it's my job to try to learn from life and everyone around me and keep trying to live a good one. There will come a time when we all die, we get one chance at this thing and we might as well use that chance wisely.

Maybe this is a question for the Golden Teacher?
gt_product-230x132.png

<{Joewithit}>
LMFAO fucking sherbros crack me up

This year, I really have to look at my options job wise. I don't mind my job and for the first time in my life, I'm saving some money. I don't want to be doing this for the rest of my life however, and though I'm saving, I'm not saving enough. I also need to figure out what exactly I want to do for the rest of my life.

The only thing that I really want to do is travel. Last year, I worked, I saved and did very little on my days off. I'm toying with the idea of going somewhere for three weeks this year (maybe back to Thailand or first time Japan), though I don't want to spend too much, as overtime is no longer being given and I don't want to do completely lose track of getting my own home.

It seems like I'm losing valuable time doing the repetitive grind, though the responses calling me a gloomy fuck are actually pretty reassuring.

Wonder if any of my family has mushrooms? I've never touched a drug in my life (aside from Epilm and Tegredol)...

Age is just a number, what's important are the numbers you deposited in your bank account and the number of properties in your possession.

This year, I really have to look at my options job wise. I don't mind my job and for the first time in my life, I'm saving some money. I don't want to be doing this for the rest of my life however, and though I'm saving, I'm not saving enough. I also need to figure out what exactly I want to do for the rest of my life.

The only thing that I really want to do is travel. Last year, I worked, I saved and did very little on my days off. I'm toying with the idea of going somewhere for three weeks this year (maybe back to Thailand or first time Japan), though I don't want to spend too much, as overtime is no longer being given and I don't want to do completely lose track of getting my own home.

It seems like I'm losing valuable time doing the repetitive grind, though the responses calling me a gloomy fuck are actually pretty reassuring.

Wonder if any of my family has mushrooms? I've never touched a drug in my life (aside from Epilm and Tegredol)...

Grind is basically 95 percent of worlds adults

We were told as kids we would be rockstart,athletes, etc but we wont. We will be just ordinary cannon fodder.

Some guys life will be better than others and feeling of jealousy are ok but it cant affect own behaviour.im jealous as fuck when thinking about normal people but i wont let it affect me most days.

Traveling in europe is cheap, go for it

Recommend eastern like ukraine etc you will be living like a king

Any advice?

Damn, you are going to die a year after you can apply for social security.

Travel the earth like Jules from Pulp Fiction.

Grind is basically 95 percent of worlds adults

We were told as kids we would be rockstart,athletes, etc but we wont. We will be just ordinary cannon fodder.

Some guys life will be better than others and feeling of jealousy are ok but it cant affect own behaviour.im jealous as fuck when thinking about normal people but i wont let it affect me most days.

Traveling in europe is cheap, go for it

Recommend eastern like ukraine etc you will be living like a king

Yeah, I'd like to do Europe. Many countries in Europe actually, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Czech, Croatia...

I'd say that exposure to the wealthy is why depression and mental illness is rising. A lot of people are unhappy because they are seeing extravagant lives and are not living it.

Damn, you are going to die a year after you can apply for social security.

Travel the earth like Jules from Pulp Fiction.

If I were wealthy, I'd be riding a motorcycle and staying in hotels for the rest of my life...

Any advice?

I get it. I turned 41 this year and have not accomplished some of my major goals, but you know what, age is just a number, I am just getting started, and in the last 6 months have made a lot of progress towards those goals because I started to realize that I am not getting younger :)

Most people start to reflect as they get closer to 40 but some people really do have a mid life crisis that needs assistance to deal with like going to a therapist, no shame in that at all. Once you work through it your mind will be at peace and you will feel much better.

The funny thing is I am in better shape, stronger and in much more control of my bad habits now than I was in my 30's.

Life is a long process and we should never stop learning and improve ourselves physically and mentally. I make it a goal to read at least a few good educational books a month. I think of somewhere I have difficulty like procrastinating on major goals and tasks I need to complete to reach those goals and read books based on that topic or something in that area that will help me develop better habits, be more committed, ways to instill accountability in the situation etc. and the more I learn the better I function. I wish I would have started this process as soon as I was old enough to read instead of my early 30's.

Whatever you do don't do something rash that makes moving forward more difficult or gives your family a hard time. It might not hurt to spend a few bucks for a weekend get away somewhere you really enjoy by yourself to reflect and think things through.

The key to feeling young is stay lean and in shape.
53 years old 5'8" and 160 lbs reporting in and I just ran a marathon two weeks ago.

Any advice?

Meh life got better for me at 40. In your 30s you're still trying to figure everything out. Now financially secure, beautiful wife and kids, life is good. Takes me longer to recover now from hard work but in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't go back.

born in '76. Go to the gym no less than 4 times a week, stop eating fast food and sodas, don't binge drink anymore, find someone who will blow you and can watch TV in the other room when the game is on and always focus on your money. Fall in love with the money, you don't want the stress of a job or career once you're in your 50's
Great advice .

TS should in reality use an AV so that we may properly diagnose his standings in life,

up until now...

I get it. I turned 41 this year and have not accomplished some of my major goals, but you know what, age is just a number, I am just getting started, and in the last 6 months have made a lot of progress towards those goals because I started to realize that I am not getting younger :)

Most people start to reflect as they get closer to 40 but some people really do have a mid life crisis that needs assistance to deal with like going to a therapist, no shame in that at all. Once you work through it your mind will be at peace and you will feel much better.

The funny thing is I am in better shape, stronger and in much more control of my bad habits now than I was in my 30's.

Life is a long process and we should never stop learning and improve ourselves physically and mentally. I make it a goal to read at least a few good educational books a month. I think of somewhere I have difficulty like procrastinating on major goals and tasks I need to complete to reach those goals and read books based on that topic or something in that area that will help me develop better habits, be more committed, ways to instill accountability in the situation etc. and the more I learn the better I function. I wish I would have started this process as soon as I was old enough to read instead of my early 30's.

Whatever you do don't do something rash that makes moving forward more difficult or gives your family a hard time. It might not hurt to spend a few bucks for a weekend get away somewhere you really enjoy by yourself to reflect and think things through.
Great post.

Back