How the fuck Francis still want to box after that ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What does Francis at most make from an MMA fight? $2-3 million after its all said and done with pay, potentional bonus, and endorsements. What does he make in a blockbuster boxing match? $10 million? $15? $20+?

A big boxing payday is a complete life changer.
There’s no way Francis make 20+ millions in a boxing match. You need star power to make that type of money

To be fair (I'm trying to be at least), he couldn't get in on anything due to the speed of the low kicks... That wouldn't be a problem in a boxing fight. Saying that Fury's jab is probably reached about as far as Gane's legs lol. It wasn't the big showing he needed to keep traction on that fight, just became even less likely we will see it happen

Francis is a big power punching brawler. So him against Fury would be a disaster, but in theory as long as he doesn't fight a top guy first he could make some money/get a couple wins
<5>

Honestly I don’t think Francis landed even 1 clean shot on Gane. He lost the fight imo.

Gane should get more credit for attempting fight ending submissions and landing the better shots.

It is sloppy no doubt. But it might look a bit sharper if it's a purely boxing setting and with the benefit of a long boxing only camp.

He might look good for like 2-3 rounds, then he’ll gas hard

{<huh}
The same Wilder that won a bronze at the Olympics. Won gold in the U.S nationals, can’t box??

His technique is crap. He relies exclusively on power. His timing is sharp though.

Ya but 4 oz gloves and a lot of their tricks that they know can't be used, and they can be KO'd in one shot.

On the other hand, Tyson Fury is gigantic, Ngannou is only 6'4, not exactly a fair fight.
Right but we are talking about Francis fighting a Boxer with Boxing gloves. Who has more experience and will be first to the punch with them? We all saw what happened with Conor. They tried to learn some of the dirty shit because that was his only real chance and he looked like a HS amature. It's not because he can't learn or was never good at it when younger. It's just because he hasn't done it as long. It would be far worse for Francis if he faced a mid to top HW in Boxing.

I'll give you one thing. If Francis picked the right opponent and spent a couple of years prepping for the move he would have a snowball's chance in hell.

I'm not questioning the level of Francis' boxing. I'm questioning its existence.

Hilariously enough Francis has better grappling, wrestling and clinchwork than striking. Some of that would actually transfer to Boxing with a ton of work and specific strategies to load up on shots hidden behind a glove on clinch breaks. I think that's actually workable with maybe a year or two of practice. Just not against anybody good.

What does a boxer at the bottom of their division even mean?
There are thousands of professional boxers all over the world. Francis could absolutely win if he got matched up with a really low-level pro boxer.

I agree that Francis most likely gets tuned up if he fights someone ranked or even just halfway decent.
Probably depends on the promotion involved. That's the difference between MMA and Boxing too. It's a bitch trying to get someone specific because Boxing promotions are so siloed and it can take years to work out a deal if say two different promotions are involved. God knows what happens in those years.

What does a boxer at the bottom of their division even mean?
There are thousands of professional boxers all over the world. Francis could absolutely win if he got matched up with a really low-level pro boxer.

I agree that Francis most likely gets tuned up if he fights someone ranked or even just halfway decent.

It's so much easier to manufacture stars in boxing. You can rack up a 20-0 record in a year and a half getting matched up against bums. If Francis took up boxing instead of MMA, in addition to being able to develop his boxing skills, a decent manager would have been able to build him up to at least get one money fight before being destroyed by the elites.

Right but we are talking about Francis fighting a Boxer with Boxing gloves. Who has more experience and will be first to the punch with them? We all saw what happened with Conor. They tried to learn some of the dirty shit because that was his only real chance and he looked like a HS amature. It's not because he can't learn or was never good at it when younger. It's just because he hasn't done it as long. It would be far worse for Francis if he faced a mid to top HW in Boxing.

I'll give you one thing. If Francis picked the right opponent and spent a couple of years prepping for the move he would have a snowball's chance in hell.

I'm not questioning the level of Francis' boxing. I'm questioning its existence.

Hilariously enough Francis has better grappling, wrestling and clinchwork than striking. Some of that would actually transfer to Boxing with a ton of work and specific strategies to load up on shots hidden behind a glove on clinch breaks. I think that's actually workable with maybe a year or two of practice. Just not against anybody good.

The offer on the table from Tyson is to box in 4 oz gloves, so doesn't make sense to be talking about anything else.

Francis would be dumb to box any pro with heavy gloves, unless he's making 20 M to get an ass kicking.

Francis doesn't have the star power for 10 million dollar fight. Even Wilder doesn't get 10 million for being B side of that fight. Francis has to settle for 2-3 million dollar and 30-40 percent of PPV revenue. I am guessing those figures since guys like Woodley and Usyk got deals similiar to that. Maybe if they can do MMA gloves and that freakshow will generate a buzz for more buys.

The offer on the table from Tyson is to box in 4 oz gloves, so doesn't make sense to be talking about anything else.

Francis would be dumb to box any pro with heavy gloves, unless he's making 20 M to get an ass kicking.

Fury would still fuck him up in 4 oz. gloves, maybe even worse.

Fury would still fuck him up in 4 oz. gloves, maybe even worse.

Probably, at first I thought Francis had a better shot in 4 oz gloves, which technically he does since now Ngannou can KO him, but then I realized Fury is just too huge of a man, 6'10 or whatever, he wouldn't even be able to get in range without getting jabbed.

Yeah Ngannou didn't box for shit last fight.

Probably, at first I thought Francis had a better shot in 4 oz gloves, which technically he does since now Ngannou can KO him, but then I realized Fury is just too huge of a man, 6'10 or whatever, he wouldn't even be able to get in range without getting jabbed.

Both guys can KO each other with any gloves, or no gloves at all. Fury is the much more accurate puncher, and slicker defensively (he has way more defensive tools besides shelling up with big gloves). The punch count differential will favour Fury more in MMA gloves than in boxing gloves. I would put money on it if they fought twice, once in each type of glove.

These guys risk long-term damage doing what they do. I say let him get paid.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What does Francis at most make from an MMA fight? $2-3 million after its all said and done with pay, potentional bonus, and endorsements. What does he make in a blockbuster boxing match? $10 million? $15? $20+?

A big boxing payday is a complete life changer.
Well from what Francis is saying he's making 500-600k

You did not need this fight to know Francis has no chance against elite boxers. Anyone with eyes could see that.

Back