Cyril Gane turned Ngannou into a panic wrestler, so how was Francis able to compete with fury?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around How Francis was able to arguably beat the best HW boxer in the world after being turned into a panic wrestler by Cyril Gane in his last MMA fight. He had nothing for Cyril on the feet and was on his way to being 50-45ed before turning into NCAA Francis. So how did he piece Fury up like that? Please, someone make it make sense.

Let's make it make sense:
- He was on one leg with a very bad knee injury 3 weeks before the fight

- it's not panic wrestling, it was a beautiful tactical adjustment, and he won

-Gane is an elite striker

- The fight was not one sided on the feet. Round 1 was even arguably a 10-9 for Ngannou (it was on one scorecards).

Regardless of how many weeks Fury says he put in for his training camp, he clearly half assed it and thought he could come in at 50% of what he usually is and easily beat Francis. He was wrong.

No, Fury relies on his size and against Francis he wasn't the bigger, he couldn't do most of his dirty tricks, he won on score cards but no one sees him as the best anymore.

Last edited:
- Fury looked like utterly shit
- different sport, can't judge
- no idea actually... the whole fight was weird and boring. Fury did nothing, his striking looked odd...

I wonder how Gane and Aspinall and prime Stipe would do in the HW boxing division.

Do people just think every time a fighter says something they are lying and making up an excuse? Francis knee was in very bad shape and IMO literally everyone else would have pulled out of the fight. He said fuck it, run it, I want out of this contract. And the UFC let it happen because they wanted Francis to lose on the way out. It's very bad when a champ wins and leaves the org.

It was blatantly obvious watching the fight that he was compromised. His movement was terrible compared to his previous fights.

1) Combat sports have tiny talent pools
2) Size, power, athleticism go further at HW and Frank has it all in spades.
3) Throwing and defending punches is a major part of MMA too.
4) Fury, although skilled, is an undisciplined coked up pillow fisted fat fuck
5) Most boxers, including Fury, have very padded records and dont consistently fight genuine top contenders, so its often hard to tell how good they really are.

No, Fury relies on his size and against Francis he wasn't the bigger, he could do most of his dirty tricks, he won on score cards but no one sees him as the best anymore.
He was bigger but Francis was stronger. There was a point where Francis had his arm in a crank and I don't think he was even trying but Tyson was wincing. If this was MMA, he could have separated his shoulder.
Francis' strength quite literally stunned Tyson. Dude must be mutant level cause Tyson himself is strong and has manhandled boxers in the clinch.

I wonder how Gane and Aspinall and prime Stipe would do in the HW boxing division.
Gane would have one of the best, if not the best, jab in HW boxing.

His bowing has many flaws because he never trained proper boxing, but he has great potential.
With a real boxing training camp and some discipline, he could do well.

He was bigger but Francis was stronger. There was a point where Francis had his arm in a crank and I don't think he was even trying but Tyson was wincing. If this was MMA, he could have separated his shoulder.
Francis' strength quite literally stunned Tyson. Dude must be mutant level cause Tyson himself is strong and has manhandled boxers in the clinch.
Yeah I think between getting out muscled by Francis and seeing how little his punches hurt Frank that threw everything off for Tyson.

I dont get why people keep saying this. Gane isn't a boxer and they were not fighting in boxing. Why would Ngannou having to take down a MT fighter be indicative of how he would do against a boxer in boxing? If kicks, clinches and elbows were allowed Tyson Fury wouldn't be that hard to beat.

Yeah I think between getting out muscled by Francis and seeing how little his punches hurt Frank that threw everything off for Tyson.
Definitely. I could see he was trying to figure out the timing and get his usual shtick going in round three but Francis countered beautifully and Tyson was never the same.

He had to worry about ganes whole striking arsenal, ganes kicks and knees are brutal.
He also was heavily compromised and wasn't able to be mobile enough on the feet to avoid said attacks. He done what he had to do In that situation. Keep it on the ground as much as possible as he could barely stand

Back