Cyril Gane turned Ngannou into a panic wrestler, so how was Francis able to compete with fury?

Do people forget that Gane can kick? It's one of his best weapons, or arguably his best weapon.

Fury did nothing? Lol

He came straight at Francis from the get go trying to hurt him. After being floored in the 3rd he obviously became more tentative. Francis added a shit ton of body shots too, which considerably slowed down Fury. Fury’s go to technique of tiring opponents in the clinch backfired against Francis, who’s just as big as him, stronger and a better grappler.

Fury didn’t look good, because Francis never aloud him to be good
People thought half the people in MMA he KOed didn't look good. Yeah, you don't look good after you get hit by Francis.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around How Francis was able to arguably beat the best HW boxer in the world after being turned into a panic wrestler by Cyril Gane in his last MMA fight. He had nothing for Cyril on the feet and was on his way to being 50-45ed before turning into NCAA Francis. So how did he piece Fury up like that? Please, someone make it make sense.
It's called kicking.

Fury takes a lot of damage in lots of his fights. He's been dropped by Wilder like 4 times, Otto Wallin cut his face open, and has even rocked himself accidentally hitting himself with an uppercut, and this is fighting guys he has tons of footage on to prepare for.

Ngannou is probably one of the slower guys he's fought, but he has a good chin and good power, so it was a pretty low output fight.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around How Francis was able to arguably beat the best HW boxer in the world after being turned into a panic wrestler by Cyril Gane in his last MMA fight. He had nothing for Cyril on the feet and was on his way to being 50-45ed before turning into NCAA Francis. So how did he piece Fury up like that? Please, someone make it make sense.
People get better

I've been shocked at how many people have forgotten just how injured Ngannou was when he faced Gane. Even MMA analysts who were looking back at Francis's performance there (and wringing their hands about how ill it boded for the Fury fight) never mentioned it. Most fighters would have pulled out from the match. But Ngannou didn't dare, because the probability was too way high that he'd be stripped of the belt if he sat out for the treatment and the recovery time he needed. Gone would be any leverage he could use in negotiations. Gone the cachet he could exploit to get a boxing match. Gone his best and probably last chance to fulfill his ultimate dream.

It takes a lot of skill to land an uppercut on Tyson Fury, he should be praised for that.
Nah praise him for dropping that sack middle of the ring and Bustin his face purple

Gane really likes his rangy kicks and teeps to score points, keep his opponents at bay, and to keep them guessing. If he were to box his arsenal would be heavily diminished and he would be a lot more predictable and easier to time.

I'll say it again. Imagine being a grown ass adult and being so butt hurt over someone else's success that you spend your time on the internet posting stupid fucking shit like this.

3) Throwing and defending punches is a major part of MMA too.
I've seen Francis "box" in MMA; it doesn't translate at all into boxing striking. He's wild, relying on power, with little punching technique and almost no boxing defense. That works for him in MMA where his length keeps him at the outside of most fighters' boxing range and where the threat of other attacks can substitute for boxing defense. It has nothing to do with almost beating Tyson Fury. Francis was starting from essentially ground zero as a boxer when he began training for the Fury fight; he was a great athlete with great power and no other skills relevant to fighting a high-level boxing match. There is no chance whatsoever that four months of training prepared him for fighting a Tyson Fury who took him even semi-seriously.

Tyson Fury did not train. It's not just that he didn't train to box Ngannou; he didn't need to train at all in any meaningful way. Fury was on a pizza and beer diet and didn't even do even basic cardio training, much less spend and significant time in the gym making sure his striking, defense, and footwork were at near peak levels. Ngannou almost beating Fury is like Aaron Judge almost beating LeBron James in one-on-one basketball; it doesn't happen unless things go horribly, horribly wrong.

It was an exhibition that fury was goin to carry him for saudi money and he tried to sneak a ko

Regardless of how many weeks Fury says he put in for his training camp, he clearly half assed it and thought he could come in at 50% of what he usually is and easily beat Francis. He was wrong.
No, Fury relies on his size and against Francis he wasn't the bigger, he couldn't do most of his dirty tricks, he won on score cards but no one sees him as the best anymore.
Both are true.

In a rematch, Fury would actually respect Ngannou. He'd probably just stay on the outside and cruise to an incredibly boring decision.

Fury thought he could wear Ngannou out in the clinch like he did Wilder but it was a big mistake cause Ngannou has much better cardio for grappling in the clinch than Fury does and is much stronger and heavier than Wilder.

It’s like kicks being present changes the equation. Weird.

Do you have any idea how much harder it is when someone can kick you than just boxing lol

Back