How the fuck Francis still want to box after that ?

Take the absolute best male boxer in MMA and put them up against the bottom of their division in Boxing and they will get violently knocked out early on unless their opponent carries them.

There are a lot more real athletes in boxing. Just a much larger cross section of the population. On top of that you have coaches and fighters that know every dirty trick.

The very best boxers in MMA know a couple of things from boxing and apply it but even bottom tier Boxers easily know 10x as much and have far more experience doing actual boxing in a ring. Ring vs Cage is very different. There's a whole art around trapping your opponent and using footwork to use the ring to setup shots. Virtually nobody that does MMA knows anything about any of it.

So yeah viciously knocked out early. That's what will happen.

The only reason The Spider has any success is because of his unique love and time invested specifically in Boxing and picking the right opponent.

Honestly women might actually have a shot vs ranked female boxers if they aren't physically shot from all the MMA training but not the men.
What does a boxer at the bottom of their division even mean?
There are thousands of professional boxers all over the world. Francis could absolutely win if he got matched up with a really low-level pro boxer.

I agree that Francis most likely gets tuned up if he fights someone ranked or even just halfway decent.

a5f443300765cc860c0b1e9ce8432636.gif

Regardless of his striking being good in MMA, boxing an entirely different beast and Tyson Fury or any decent HW boxer beats him.

Francis is not going to get a huge payday for boxing. Not even half of what Conor got. Still could eclipse his UFC paychecks, but he'd be one-and-done.

Go look at the payout thread and the answer is quite clear.

There is a reason MMA will go to boxing even with a blowout defeat and boxers would never go to MMA.

If mayweather can box mcgregor then ngannou can box fury.

He was also clearly injured in the fight. Looked so slow from the very start of the first round.

A fat Ruiz has better cardio. Needs to stay in mma at his age and work on his craft, forget boxing. (Unless he’s actually offered millions to box).

Tyson Fury plays with him like a Lion plays with his food.

stick to MMA. We’ve already had enough MMA fighters embarrass our sport.

Francis grew up in poverty and wants to get paid. The man does not give a shit what his boxing does to the legacy of "our sport". Our precious MMA.

I swear his striking fucking sucks, that was so bad
I agree. Surely he realises he gets lit up by anyone in the top 20. But the boxers will be lining up for a shot and the big money.

You cant judge his boxing from an mma match with lots of grappling. He can definitely Ko someone like Wilder who has zero boxing skills.

Him vs the mountain who has boxed and been training might sell. I know I'd watch it especially if it has a decent co main event. Even him vs wilder would be cool.

Him vs the mountain who has boxed and been training might sell. I know I'd watch it especially if it has a decent co main event. Even him vs wilder would be cool.

See that actually makes more sense haha. Ngannou’s striking is so sloppy

See that actually makes more sense haha. Ngannou’s striking is so sloppy
It is sloppy no doubt. But it might look a bit sharper if it's a purely boxing setting and with the benefit of a long boxing only camp.

{<huh}
You cant judge his boxing from an mma match with lots of grappling. He can definitely Ko someone like Wilder who has zero boxing skills.
The same Wilder that won a bronze at the Olympics. Won gold in the U.S nationals, can’t box??

Yes he can't box at all if you watch his actual fights. He is terrible.

Back