• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How about shoot a takedown Chito?

I don't know maybe it was getting kneed in the face

Maybe he's just not that good of a fighter? It's fascinating how people forgot about the Sandhagen fight in the lead-up to this fight.

Hopefully Chito wins a couple and gets the rubber match. 1-1 with Chico getting the only finish.

Last edited:
Should have pulled the trigger earlier. I mean, he basically tkod Sean with a body shot in the last seconds of round 5

Last edited:
In addition to this I think he could have ended some of his punching combos with a kick. It was driving me crazy.

Chito fought amazing and smart. He came on hard in the later rounds like he always does. Amazing fight. Just look at his face. He never quit.

Call me crazy. The man gets him on his back the last fight and brutally knocks him out. This fight he at least proved he could take damage coming forward. How about we test this guy on his wrestling and ground game? Its like the man has been just muy thai his whole UFC career everyone fights his fight.

Zero fight IQ. As far as we know Omalley is trash if you take him down. Im not saying he is im just saying who has even tried this? Chito brutally knocked him out from in Omalleys guard last fight and never tries to even go there this fight as if it was impossible. I understand Omalley was hurt then but to me i find this inexplicable.

And what kind of advice is that from Chitos corner? Bring the vato out? Just get crazy? And the commentators going right with it that Vera has to rush in. The man has no foot work but whats crazy is when he rushed in he actually had more of a chance. How about we grapple this kid? Push him into the fence go for a takedown? Clinch him up and throw some elbows and knees. No. No. We just gotta stay on the outside and occasionally rush in with a 3 punch combo. What the hell.

One of the worst gameplans & coaching since Penn/Edgar3.

It didn't surpass it, but its one of the worst since.

Should have pulled the trigger earlier. I mean, he basically tkod Seab with a body shot in the last seconds of round 5

Yes, that's how shit works: The fighter desperately pushing the pace in the last seconds cuz he knows he's lost the fight, should have just fought like that for the entire fight...

Noob take of the day.

I think that could have given him a much better shot. He has way more upper body strength on the ground and on the ground OMalley's length is much less of an advantage.

O'Malley has incredible footwork. For the most part, he's not there to be taken down. Landing takedowns on him is easier said than done, even for good wrestlers. Someone like Chito, who isn't a wrestler, wouldn't even see the openings to shoot for takedowns.

Dayum

Attachments

• 432384757_967130138110446_6429637820151984284_n.jpg
    432384757_967130138110446_6429637820151984284_n.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 8
Omalley was just way too fast for him. He needed to slow down the footwork with a shit ton of leg kicks. Youd think hed throw more considering thats how he won the first fight. Dude is durable af also. May as well use it to his advantage and be agressive.

Also yeah.. Banking on winning a fight via finish instead of throwing jack to win the rounds is just a horrible gameplan.

Chito was content to lose on points and look for a big shot. Parillo, a worthless, platitude based coach who offers no insight, refused to provoke him to change up his approach. Whether it would would have worked or not considering O'Malley's ability to utilize angles, reach, change levels and abuse a speed advantage, I don't know. It probably would have been better than getting battered hoping for a Hail Mary.

Chito fought like he usually does. It was time to try some wrong after the first two rounds. He's a credible grappler with a decent top game and ground and pound. At worst, he gets hit coming in like he already was.
I think you went a bit hard on Parillo there. Idk. Didn't see his corner work tonight but I remember him doing wonders for Bisping.

Yan took Sean down 6 times and Sean kept getting up. I wouldn't say his wrestling is trash.

Plus Sterling tried too, being successful only once for brief moments?

I guess Chito was too conscious that his wrasslin' wasn't good enough.

As I said before, if it wasn't for his chin, Chito wouldn't even be a top fighter.

He had absolutely nothing for O'malley and was basically his punching bag.

it was right up there - or down there - with that performance by Mariya Bueno. Telegraphed, lunging, single punches, no urgency, literally his only skill seems to be durability. I almost ALMOST feel bad for him with how stacked these divisions are, thats realistically probably the closest he ever gets to a title. And he had the entire Miami audience rooting for him!

I hate to say it but the rumors of a bad camp or an injury we're probably true. Chito is a fucking tank thou so def gets credit for showing up and giving five rounds.

Oh well. Sucks for chitos thou because we all know Dana blowhole white is never gonna book him in a meaningful fight again.

O'Malley is not trash on the ground. He is underrated on the ground, if anything.

I think you went a bit hard on Parillo there. Idk. Didn't see his corner work tonight but I remember him doing wonders for Bisping.

'Empty the tank'. 'Let your hands go.' Parillo is the King of Platitudes. The guy has no useful mid-fight info the majority of the time. He's been blessed to have so many great fighters cross paths with him.

He once told Penn to 'fuck him up' in a fight he was getting blown out in between rounds. Fighters don't win because of him. They win despite him. I'm more of the mindset that Bisping got better when he started to train with better fighters.

Back