Is anyone picking Chito anymore?

I think it’s a bit of a pick ‘em. I can see Sean picking at him from distance to get a decision. I can also see Vera landing some violence on Sean and making him wilt. I think the former is a tad more likely than the latter though.

Never was, can't accept him as a contender. Just a decent top 10 brawler. Think SOM puts him away and I am a hater of the champion.

50/50 for me, O’Malley definitely improved since their first fight but Vera is a hard style matchup for him.
It’s definitely not a terrible style matchup though, right. It’ll just be a kickboxing match. That’s Sean’s bread and butter.

Funny to watch everyone switch now. Before the narrative was how Chito was a nightmare match for Sean and would beat him 10/10 times. Now their careers went different directions everyone is changing their picks. I just remember arguing back in those threads how the knee injury wasn't something Chito could replicate if they fought again and it would be a close fight and getting blown up.

Chito is going to finish him again, then Sean will never have been that good again.

Ever since the beautiful KO of Aljo that O'Malley had last year, the general consensus here has become that he will smoke Chito. At least that's what I'm seeing from the Sherexperts when I'm on here.

I'm no huge Marlon fan by any stretch but he is as live a fucking dog as you can have guys. This is a super tricky fight for Sean. Chito has arguably the best striking defense at BW with also some fantastic kicks and great durability. His skill set and physical attributes make him a very tough matchup for O'Malley.

What do y'all think? Discuss..
First fight, Chito was a style nightmare; In rematches, I tend to think its either 50 / 50 or still in the favor of the dominate fighter. This fight will be hard to judge. Just depends if you think Sean is better, and Chito is either the same or worse..and hopefully not better himself.

I am. I think chitos already over the biggest hump which is the mental part of it when you're facing a guy like this. 98% of the people Anderson Silva fought were defeated before they ever walked in the cage. Not that omally has that aura yet but chito has beat him. That confidence could be the deciding factor. It really depends on what the game plan is for chito.

Ever since the beautiful KO of Aljo that O'Malley had last year, the general consensus here has become that he will smoke Chito. At least that's what I'm seeing from the Sherexperts when I'm on here.

I'm no huge Marlon fan by any stretch but he is as live a fucking dog as you can have guys. This is a super tricky fight for Sean. Chito has arguably the best striking defense at BW with also some fantastic kicks and great durability. His skill set and physical attributes make him a very tough matchup for O'Malley.

Did O'Malley's legs get better?

I’m not picking Chito but he does get to fight his way of fighting against Sean and can abandon any concern of TD or grappling. So his chances have never been better but I still think Sean is the superior striker.

I am. I think chitos already over the biggest hump which is the mental part of it when you're facing a guy like this. 98% of the people Anderson Silva fought were defeated before they ever walked in the cage. Not that omally has that aura yet but chito has beat him. That confidence could be the deciding factor. It really depends on what the game plan is for chito.
Same is true for any successful fighter. Khabib won half his fights because the guys he was up against didn't think they could win. The guy who thought he could beat Anderson - he did (Weidman).

Although it didn't work out so well for Okami when he fought Silva in the rematch.

But Chito does have that confidence and holds a legit win over O'Malley, so that will be a factor for sure. And Sean may try to go for the kill too soon and leave himself open - he wants to beat the guy that beat him a little too badly.

50/50 fight for me

I was never too impressed by him to be honest, regardless of that this is a winnable match up for him stylistically.

Which ever one doesn’t open their mouth last is the one that I will root for. I see nothing to suggest that Chito can’t win. I also believe the O’Malley can win. We should all win with this matchup. Till they interview at the end of the fight.

Chito and Aljo couldn't have more different fighting styles. They are totally different. What about beating Aljo makes you think he automatically beats Chito

If he focuses on Sean’s legs again, he’s the new champ. Omalley has shown that his lower body is not durable and is his weak link.

Really? I’m not doubting you I guess I just never really saw his grappling much.

Is there a particular fight that demonstrates him on the ground?

I always had Sean ahead on the grappling side just because I’ve seen him compete in grappling matches.

I have seen really good TDD against Edgar and other fighters.
Rumours about his good grappling.
Don't see Suga forcing his grappling on him, they will bang.

Fuck it I'll pick him. O Malley gets hurt again with that kick and he crumbles haha.

Vera winning is the Stone Cold Lock of the Century

Back