Rumored Helwani: UFC 300 bout in jeopardy - another announcement before actual signing

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

"Anytime these fights get announced, I always ask them if I have a good relationship with the people involved, is this true? Did you agree?
And I can tell you there’s another fight on 300 one of the particulars has not agreed to yet. I’m not gonna say which fight it is, and I’ll tell you it’s
probably not a main card fight, but there’s another fight on that card that was put out before one of the fighters agreed to it. And as of this second,
they have not agreed to it yet."

Thoughts?

For whatever reason that was the first that came to my head as well.

UFC needs to stop announcing things before they get pen to paper, it makes them look very unprofessional.
With the way this month has gone I'm assuming the UFC will stop doing it ASAP. We'll probably hear about a couple more unsigned fights until it's done.

Uh, not a main card fight? Who cares?

Wow this pretty much confirms what most of us have surmised was the issue this week with all these stories coming out.

UFC announcing fights without both parties signed to leverage negotiations. Typical shit from the Unorganized Fucking Circus

Yeah, if it’s true I would assume it’s a main card fight. Not that the prelims are scrubs. But it’s a loaded card. And the prelims will probably been seen by more people than ever see any of those prelim fighters fights in the future. To say no, or play hardball would be counterproductive, imo.

Go out and get a finish. People will remember it. Have a good in octagon interview. Because pretty much all of the prelims are capable of being a ME of a FN. But nowhere near the same amount of people will see that FN ME.

Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back