News Bo Nickal: I'm fighting at UFC 300 against somebody around my own position

Someone around my position?

So which glorified can fed overrated untested guy with some hype behind him is he fighting?

Rebook the Tresean Gore fight or someone like Cody Brundage makes sense, they'll have him fight 1-2 more unranked guys until he starts entering the rankings. Not in his best interest to rush things.

I like the dude at first but can't stand him now

Hope he'll get sent to the shadow of realms

it depends what he’s going for. there are many fighters who are outside the “top” of their divisions because they’re relatively unknown, but they can still beat most of the top 10. if bo fights one of these people, it will be a big challenge, and could hand him his first loss, while derailing his hype. on the other hand, there are a few fighters in every division who are ranked too highly, and are otherwise beatable by up-and-coming prospects. if bo loses to one of these people, it won’t derail him as much as losing to an unranked killer. then there are career journeymen and gatekeepers. winning these fights is of relatively small value unless he wins in spectacular fashion. i say he fights one or two more gatekeeper / journeymen (and wins) before getting a lower ranked guy on the way down. he should have 2 or 3 ranked fights. that’ll all take about 2 years. by then, if he’s the real deal, hopefully he’ll be ready for a title shot.

I'm gonna guess Cody Brundage. Final answer.

Playing it like O’Malley makes sense. But you need to shut your piehole, and quit calling out current champs, and really high ranked fighters unless you’re willing to back up your talk.

This guy has talked way too much to continue fighting unranked fighters. Step up, or shut up.

If UFC isn't gonna give Khamzat his title shot, and if he's not fighting Izzy next, then UFC should have made Khamzat vs Nickal at UFC 300. Not Nickal vs some nobody.
<DisgustingHHH>

I though Bo wanted a step up. He trains with top guys so he knows where he's at right now, so might be a long road to get ready.

I don't really get that new mentality...

GSP's first three opponents in the UFC were Karo Parisyan, Jay Hieron and Matt Hughes.

Three killers to welcome a promising prospect. No bullshit, no record padding, no gimme fights.
-Karo was in his second UFC fight vs GSP's first.
-Jay's first UFC fight (And last in nine years, as he was curtright afterwards) vs GSP's second (Seventh overall vs Jay's fifth overall).

GSP nuthuggers don't take a break.

PD: Nickal is an entitled prick, don't get me wrong.

Last edited:
He isn't even top 15. What does it matter if his dance partner is a unranked opponent?

Then quit talking about how you can beat everyone in the entire UFC when you are fighting guys who aren't in the top 50 of the division.

This is prize fighting. He's pretty clearly saying "I'm getting paid peanuts, and will fight out my current 4 fight contract before agreeing to marquee fights."

We know from the class action lawsuit discovery that the UFC is paying out something like ~15% of revenue to fighters. When the promoter is keeping virtually all the money trading on your name and brain damage, you should absolutely advocate for yourself.

If the UFC wants Bo to fight marquee fighters on PPV cards, they should pay him commensurately.

They'll bring the chimp into the octagon after the decision to hype the next fight

Literally never heard of his opponent, just like the last one.

I don't have any issue with who he's fighting but it's a joke to put him on the main card. He should be the first fight of the night.

Back