Rumored Helwani: UFC 300 bout in jeopardy - another announcement before actual signing

For whatever reason that was the first that came to my head as well.

UFC needs to stop announcing things before they get pen to paper, it makes them look very unprofessional.
Beating Font and then fighting backwards to fight Cody raised my eyebrows, on top of that Cody is unranked at the moment.

Last edited:
Karate Combat Heavyweight world champion Sam Alvey can step in at open weight against whoever dare to challenge him.
Karate Champion Alvey vs Aspinall in a blockbuster karate/mma crossover title fight. I'm in!

I hate these clickbait shit as news to say that I can't say news that may exist

It’s so hard to get excited for this stuff in advance anymore

It’s so hard to get excited for this stuff in advance anymore

that’s why I hardly pay attention anymore to what’s coming and just check the cards lineup on the week of the fights

back in the day imwould watch everything every interview, weigh in Etc.

Notice how this rat never mentions that the last time this "happened" the fighters had agreed to fight and Dustin just never signed the agreement despite having accepted it and spent weeks promoting it.

The issue is fighters agreeing to fights they're not actually going to sign to.

Prob fig vs cody

They did the same thing with fig vs Kape at 290

"probably not a main card fight"

It's Cody Brundage playing hardball negotiating with the UFC for a big pay bump to fight Bo Nickal. <Eek2.0>
They would literally just cut him if he did anything except say "Thank you, sir" when presented with the bout agreement

GSP didn't show any interest in a return until Bisping became champ and he saw an easy win. I feel like with Pennington being champ, it's not ridiculous to think Rousey could come back for an easy title win.
This is a lie

GSP started talks with the UFC before Bisping even became champ. He went on Ariel's show to request for a fight either with Woodley, Diaz, or Maia...

This was after Dana said "GSP doesn't want to fight".

Then after they finally reached an agreement, Dana said that GSP would be fighting Woodley... but Woodley had a god damn boring performance against Wonderboy and hence Dana said that Woodley is no longer getting a GSP fight... and we got GSP vs Bisping.

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence, but [UFC 206] is in Toronto! Who would be the better man, than myself to headline a card in Toronto,” St-Pierre said during an appearance at UFC Tonight. “To fill up the Air Canada (Centre), to get back the Canadian fans, to raise the pay-per-view up, because Rory is going to Bellator. I’m the man for the Job!”

When asked who he would like to face on his return bout, the all-time UFC great gave out a couple of interesting match ups.

“Tyron Woodley, I would fight Tyron Woodley. Nick Diaz. Maia, looked pretty good in his last fight. These guys can elevate me,” he said. “They are not guys that I’m necessarily supposed to beat. So it’s a big risk, but I’m willing to take the risk because these guys are going to elevate me.”

Edit: Here's a thread I had made years ago to detail the entire timeline surrounding GSP's return

Last edited:
For whatever reason that was the first that came to my head as well.

UFC needs to stop announcing things before they get pen to paper, it makes them look very unprofessional.
It makes the fighters look just as unprofessional

Talk about creating an ocean from a puddle. This was about as innocuous an event as imaginable. I liked Ariel when he was true to his shy demeanor. Now that he's trying to be tough and dramatic it looks ridiculous.

Back