looking back: what would the best UFC 300 bout order have been?

I figured as much (it being voodoo math). Just conceptually: however many humans watched Jiri/Rakic on the prelims, no way in hell it is anywhere near the amount of humans that watched Alex/Hill. The totals of pay metrics aside...
Basically TV viewship is higher than ppv where the idea comes from.

I watched both fights and neither were thru cable or ppv lol so people like me (most mma fans) aren't even included in this metric

I watched both fights and neither were thru cable or ppv lol so people like me (most mma fans) aren't even included in this metric

I imagine their stats are mostly focused on the USA as well, plenty of people in other countries watch fights.

Nah this even needed a big end to prelims

We've discussed this before. 38% of UFC viewers stream.

We've discussed this before. 38% of UFC viewers stream.

I dont believe anything written. these are all ass pull numbers.

38% percent of UFC viewers stream, but you can not say how many people in a room are watching that stream. I believe WELL over 50% of viewers stream.

No study will sway me.

"While most MMA fans prefer to get their pay-per-views the legal way, nearly 40 percent also admit they frequently sail the high seas of online piracy, according to results of a recent survey conducted by The Athletic."

Most MMA fans paying for PPV's is incredibly dishonest. Everything about this statement is dishonest. And I dont recall being polled, And I doubt you were either.

Last edited:
I dont believe anything written. these are all ass pull numbers.

38% percent of UFC viewers stream, but you can not say how many people in a room are watching that stream. I believe WELL over 50% of viewers stream.

No study will sway me.

"While most MMA fans prefer to get their pay-per-views the legal way, nearly 40 percent also admit they frequently sail the high seas of online piracy, according to results of a recent survey conducted by The Athletic."

Most MMA fans paying for PPV's is incredibly dishonest. Everything about this statement is dishonest. And I dont recall being polled, And I doubt you were either.

"I don't believe anything written"

"No study will sway me"

That just says it all doesn't it? Random karate forum member has hardline opinion.

Why would you expect to be polled in a random sample? That's not how these work. And it's certainly more credible than your feelings.

Pereira/Hill
Holloway/Gaethje
Tsarukyan/Oliveira
Prochazka/Rakic
Garbrandt/Figuereido

Miller/Green
Moicano/Turner
Lopes/Yusuff
Zhang/Yan
Holm/Harrison
Andrade/Rodriguez
Sterling/Kattar
Nickal/Brundage

I legit felt bad Zhang and Yan had to follow that all timer Max and Justin put on

If only the ref had just stopped it with the unconcious Yan, that would have been a decent follow up. But instead it went on so we had to sit through a gassed out Zhang making sure to hold onto the victory after she already won once, maybe even twice with that 10-8 second round, to get to Pereira and Hill

Which wasn't fair to Zhang entertainment wise.

"I don't believe anything written"

"No study will sway me"

That just says it all doesn't it? Random karate forum member has hardline opinion.

Why would you expect to be polled in a random sample? That's not how these work. And it's certainly more credible than your feelings.
I dont think it is more credible than what I think.

believe whatever report you want. I don't think this random sample is indicative of anything at all. Definitely not Anything to swear by, certainly not an accurate estimate of anything at all. It's not something that can be studied accurately.

IMHO:

1. Alex/Hill
2. Jiri/Rakic
3. Max/Justin
4. Arman/Charles
5. Weili/Yan

Great night regardless, but imagine how much better that would have been if that was the order of the main card.

A. Strongest WMMA match opens the card. WMMA haters have a level of segregation (male vs female bouts) to make them happy, but otherwise the best WMMA has to offer leaves a good impression on the fanbase as a whole. Win/win.

B. Charity match for marketing favorite Bo with a mere 5 fights doesn't stink up the main card.

C. Specatular KO marathon in the top 3 fights on the card: even on paper before we knew what would happen, maximizing chances of a finish marathon and maintaining amazing momentum

D. Main and co-main events share a common theme to build off one another (LHW title and potential LHW title eliminator)

My point is not to say "gee wiz look how smart I am after the fact" but rather that the above matchmaking logic could have easily been applied BEFORE this card (and, more important, that it SHOULD be applied to FUTURE cards).

What do you think? Would the above have resulted in the best outcome for 300?

I like Bo as a fighter, but he had no business being on the main event.

I'm okay with the actual title fights being the main/co main fights.

1. Alex/Hill
2. Weilie/Yan
3. Max/JG
4. Jiri/Rakic
5. Charles/Arman

I legit felt bad Zhang and Yan had to follow that all timer Max and Justin put on

If only the ref had just stopped it with the unconcious Yan, that would have been a decent follow up. But instead it went on so we had to sit through a gassed out Zhang making sure to hold onto the victory after she already won once, maybe even twice with that 10-8 second round, to get to Pereira and Hill

Which wasn't fair to Zhang entertainment wise.
Wasn't fair at all to her. The fight should have been stopped after the first round, and I would have been good with it. I'm glad people got to see Yan's heart, but that was some unnecessary punishment she had to endure.

I like Bo as a fighter, but he had no business being on the main event.

I'm okay with the actual title fights being the main/co main fights.

1. Alex/Hill
2. Weilie/Yan
3. Max/JG
4. Jiri/Rakic
5. Charles/Arman
Yup looks like the verdict is pretty unanimous in terms of Bo should not have been on the main card. 5 fights total says it all really. He's a fine prospect, but let's not rush this shit to absurd levels. Just looks desperate on the part of the UFC.

Bo nickal as headliner to see sherdog melt down

Back