News Bo Nickal: I'm fighting at UFC 300 against somebody around my own position

Gee, I thought Bo vs Khamzat was a real Thing, not an imaginary one. :rolleyes:

Bo showing humility and fear -- as he gets closer to a ranked opponent. His desire to "slow his roll" (Bisping) is gonna test the edging prowess of his Sporto fan base.

Also, showing some negotiating tactics for his second Contract.

I have no idea where he's at, but I do think it's smarter to be fighting guys on the lower end.

Eventually, he's not going to steamroll someone. He will look human in there soon enough. And he'll need heart, cardio, and grit, on top of a solid base in striking and submission grappling to win. Khamzat can be mocked for his fights against welterweight Burns and Usman, but, after being hurt and tired, he was able to survive and win round 3 in both of those fights.

I trust Bo's offense, but, while there's no reason to doubt his defense, it remains to be seen. Bo might have every trait, but his skills need to be sharpened so he's able to survive when shit goes wrong.
When you start talking about being able to beat the champ at the time (Adesanya I'm pretty sure) you essentially give up your right to request lower competition. We've seen this a few times. "I can beat the champ! Fight the #5 ranked guy? No no no. I need to build my career and do it right.". So, they can beat the supposed-to-be-best person in the division but they don't think a top 5 or 10 opponent is appropriate yet? Ok.

Remember what jbj did said f it and wrestles to the belt then gained the striking gsp did the same all the greats did but bo is gonna be a Mayweather 50 and 0 then hit the top 5 and wrestle lol

When you start talking about being able to beat the champ at the time (Adesanya I'm pretty sure) you essentially give up your right to request lower competition. We've seen this a few times. "I can beat the champ! Fight the #5 ranked guy? No no no. I need to build my career and do it right.". So, they can beat the supposed-to-be-best person in the division but they don't think a top 5 or 10 opponent is appropriate yet? Ok.
The reality is: it's not up to him. He does raise fans' expectations with every interview; there was speculation that he'd be fighting some headliner like Jack Hermansson next. But the UFC knows he needs more time. They're as invested in his success as he is.

I have no idea where he's at, but I do think it's smarter to be fighting guys on the lower end.

Eventually, he's not going to steamroll someone. He will look human in there soon enough. And he'll need heart, cardio, and grit, on top of a solid base in striking and submission grappling to win. Khamzat can be mocked for his fights against welterweight Burns and Usman, but, after being hurt and tired, he was able to survive and win round 3 in both of those fights.

I trust Bo's offense, but, while there's no reason to doubt his defense, it remains to be seen. Bo might have every trait, but his skills need to be sharpened so he's able to survive when shit goes wrong.
Johnny Walker seems to be a prime example of that. His offense was great, but the second things didn't go his way, we were finally exposed to his glaring weaknesses.

Back