Experiences with bouncers

Ahhh, letting the PTSD flow through my veins again.

Urban clubs and parties were always a nightmare, horrible crowds, violent, people trying to do shit inside that they're not allowed to, trying to smuggle drinks, weapons and drugs in etc....

In Brazil, they have these megaclubs where 20+ bouncers are working, and I happened to be recruited there thanks to one of the guys I trained with. Most of the clubs play country music, as the rich Brazilians love to listen to country music and pretend they're cowboys. Most of the troubles are guys yelling it each other, as they're too pussy to fight, but you have to watch out they don't come back with muscle. The patrons, the wannabe cowboy guys are looking down on anyone that is not rich, giving you shit for nothing etc...

One night, I get stopped by a few people sitting at a vip table, drinking a (few) bottles of grey goose which is super expensive in Brazil, and the guy says jokingly he wants to show me a party trick. His friends and his whores are already grinning, so I'm already dubious about his actions. He proceeds to take a lemon quarter and throws it full force at my head, resulting to hit my forehead. They explode in laughter.

I told them I knew another party trick, so I got my dick out, and peed in his glass from the other side of the table, causing his glass to spill all over the table, with my pee ending on his (and his friends) pants and shirt. For good measure I also aimed at their other ice bucket, to be sure that bottle got baptized too. The women started crying and the guys had the scared pikachu look on his face. I put my dick back in my pants, went to the locker room and left. Needless to say, I got fired after that night but it was so worth it.

On the other hand, usually I try to be friendly with bouncers, as it's a super shitty job to do. But so many guys think they are cops, and so many are violent for no reason and like to inflict violence on weaklings while they could have just talked it out.

In Curitiba, there is this bouncer that used to be a sparring partner of Wanderlei Silva in the early Chute Boxe days, pure class act, very friendly, now in his late forties, never understood he bounced and didn't focus on a fighting career, as he put some of the best fighters through hell. Could have been a top fighter.

Edit, also @Cole train didn't knew Finland has gotten to shit with junkies and thrash.

Was more about the places i worked at,especially that mcdonalds at the time was only one open at nights in the centre so all the druggies tried to come in there to shoot up

At least they were polite enough to shoot up in doors lol

Never had an issue with bouncers, mainly cause I’ve never tried to fight one. Went to a strip club for my bucks night where the bouncers are notorious for being pricks, I found them great to be honest, stayed out the way and let us hang out with the ladies, drunken chin wag while I waited for a cab.

The strip club got shot up a month later ha ha

I don't know if going to McDonalds is really the definition of "getting out more".
I meant around the world. Or into other places to see other things.

I’ve been to many McDonalds in many forieng countries that were quite wild at times.

Fuck in some countries late at night just going into a store to buy a coke can be a fucking adventure.

I’ve been in at least a half dozen fights or more in Russia alone trying to buy a coke and a candy bar after midnight.

Brazil?? Lima Peru?? Quito , Bogata etc etc

I’ve seen some wild shit in mundane places on this planet.

68.jpg

Why do Slavs squat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/medium.com/amp/p/8aba1c6ebfba

this is in a shitty nightclub in rural area.
we were in the vip cause we were friends of the dj.vip section is just an area up a small set of stairs.

end of the night the lights turn on and people start leavin.i have my coat on waiting for all my friends at the top of the stairs and bullshitting w a chick bouncer.

bar owner or manager walks by and says to leave and pushes me down the stairs. i cleared all 5 of them and land/stumble at the bottom and proceed to start yellin at the guy full volume makin sure he knew i what i thought of him....i made a huge scene.

i knew i had to get out before i got stomped.the owner was comin for me from what my friends said.

every bouncer there just let me pass when they saw i just wanted to leave. i always wonder what i would have done had one tried to stop me from getting out of there.

whats the legality at that point?
these bouncers were mostly young guns...
the owner/manager was an older alcoholic coke head.

Never had an issue with bouncers, mainly cause I’ve never tried to fight one. Went to a strip club for my bucks night where the bouncers are notorious for being pricks, I found them great to be honest, stayed out the way and let us hang out with the ladies, drunken chin wag while I waited for a cab.

The strip club got shot up a month later ha ha
Bouncers in strips got bad rep because they have less room for middle way... they have to let you do things but at same time they have to go 0-100 in one second when things degenerate

Only problem are ones who whiteknight the girls, but these usually get fired soon of boss is smart

Bouncers in strips got bad rep because they have less room for middle way... they have to let you do things but at same time they have to go 0-100 in one second when things degenerate

Only problem are ones who whiteknight the girls, but these usually get fired soon of boss is smart

Yeah it couldn’t be easy. These blokes subtly showed their presence which was enough to encourage good behaviour (think a team of Shane Carwins in black tshirts) but they didn’t interfere with the fun.

I was that drunk I spilled my beer on one of the girls during a lap dance but we both cleaned it up, no bouncer interference ha ha

I always get on well with bouncers. I'm a small guy, 5ft 9in and pretty slim so they know immediately I'm no threat.

I capped myself at 10 years. That's probably why I miss it

I undestand completely i get the feeling too sometimes

It has its charm like you are the man of the club and the adrenaline.

Then i remember some drunk yelling at me for half an hour for throwing him out and the feeling passes.

Threads about bouncers always end up good so might as well make one so what are you experiences with door guys?

I worked for 2 years because at the time i figured there wasnt much else i could do except stand in a doorway ruining peoples night.

So even being a good doorman was too difficult for you?

I would always give bouncers the eye when I entered their establishment. You know like if you fuck with the bull you will gonna get horns kind of eye so they would always back off knowing I was the big dog.

One time this bouncer tried getting cheeky with me and asked how I was doing. I gave him a hard good then countered by asking him how he was doing. Stupid fucker didn’t even realize I didn’t even care. Got that idiot good.

the worst expiremce I had is this time the club was closing and the bouncers where like everyone has got to go and I did. Felt like a bitch for a while should have just stood my ground and told them if anyone is leaving it you alls in ambulance. I think I was just tired or something so whatever I could of fucked them up if I wanted.

When I was at Clemson from 1987-1991, I was a bouncer pretty regularly at Sloan Street Tap Room.

It was not a particularly nice or large place. But it is a Clemson institution and Landmark populated by students, athletes, teachers and alumni alike even to this day.

e41cd7a7-73a5-4ee5-a3ca-6fcc124854e4-IMG_4553.jpg

300x300.jpg

The guy in the white shirt is Jimmy Howard the owner. His father was a football coach at Clemson for 30 years from 1940-1970, taking them to 10 bowl games and 1 undefeated season.

When I was at Clemson, Sloan Street was at it's peak popularity with students. Thursday-Saturday nights were absolutely packed.

I deeply enjoyed being a bouncer there. Met tons of girls. So many beautiful girls. It's amazing how college girls under 21 would express their gratitude for letting them sneak into a bar back then. Lots of free beer. It was brilliant.

My temperment as a bouncer was laid back. I hardly ever had problems with other students. Almost every student that would start shit would be easily dispatched regardless of size or skill differential simply because I was sober and they were fall down drunk. That overcomes an enormous amount of deficiencies in other areas. I never really waited for the patron to throw the first shot or for shit to get too far out of hand before I acted. Sometimes I would tell people they could come back in an hour if they stopped being a dick. And they would. "You done being a dick?' I'd ask as they came back in. 'Yeah'--No problem.

The only time I really had trouble was on game days of big home football games. Which were often in the daytime. Some games started before noon back then. I would often get paid triple for giving up my game ticket and working the door for those events. During this time it was not drunk students that were there, but drunk alumni. Some in their late 20's all the way up to their late 60's and early 70's. They were a different breed. They were awful, and their wives were worse.

Obnoxious and entitled, they were loathe to listen to admonishments from a lowly student. They were also quick to throw out the fact that they knew Jimmy personally, and they would have him fire my ass for ejecting them. But obviously Jimmy was rarely there, and almost never there when the game was on.

Every once in a while Jimmy would come in after the game and already knew that I had chucked out somebody he knew well.

'Why did you chuck out the Kimbers?'

'Because Mr. Kimber called me a cocksucker and Mrs. Kimber poured a beer on my head.'

He'd just nod and go about his business.

Most of the time though bouncing at the bar felt a lot like being at the bar for fun.

Last edited:
I meant around the world. Or into other places to see other things.

I’ve been to many McDonalds in many forieng countries that were quite wild at times.

Fuck in some countries late at night just going into a store to buy a coke can be a fucking adventure.

I’ve been in at least a half dozen fights or more in Russia alone trying to buy a coke and a candy bar after midnight.

Brazil?? Lima Peru?? Quito , Bogata etc etc

I’ve seen some wild shit in mundane places on this planet.

Yeah I'll stay here in America where it's safe. All of that sounds awful to deal with.

Have you ever been to a McDonald’s in a big city?

I mean I have but I don't really go to McDonalds at all anymore. I don't go into ghetto areas unless I absolutely have to either and McDonald's doesn't justify the risk.

Yeah I'll stay here in America where it's safe. All of that sounds awful to deal with.

I mean I have but I don't really go to McDonalds at all anymore. I don't go into ghetto areas unless I absolutely have to either and McDonald's doesn't justify the risk.

What, big mac is not worth getting stabbed over?

I've seen this play out many times It's not how many it will take but how many they will use, choose wisely when fighting bouncers lol

I did it for 3+ years, from day one I found if I was cool with people then 90% of the time there weren't any issues other than random shit I had to handle. As long as myself and the bartenders were safe, I was laid back. It was at a college bar and I was in my early 30s. Lots of wild nights and fights and cops called but I always had fun. I love live music or jukeboxes so I always enjoyed myself.

Nastiest thing I ever saw. This girl came and got me and said someone needs help in the women's room. That was the worst, I would rather throw any size guy out than deal with a problem in the women's restroom. I go in there and there's a girl, she had thrown up in the sink so it's clogged with her vomit. She's bent over it splashing her face with it, she must have thought it was water, also her hair was all in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back