Experiences with bouncers

This video a bit more realistic about bouncing work lol

Our owner had us wear body cams. He invested in an excellent security system but had us wear body cams for our protection when we had to go hands on.

Man, 20 years of bouncing on and off in three different cities and two towns, I have some stories. I'm pretty fucked right now after attending an all day o line clinic so I'll maybe drop a few later.

Re Macdonalds, our town had doorstaff there too and it's well known as the toughest gig. You get no respect and it's full of all the people that can't get into clubs, from all sorts of walks of life. Always trouble. They recently shut down the restaurant after 8pm, not worth the hassle even with the sales.

Last edited:
The old days when bouncers/bars did not have to be accountable. LOL, it was like the wild west at times - I grew up in the 90s - so thinking about it is always funny. Nowadays they'd get sued, have footage (security cams, cell phones, etc). Times have changed - unless of course you're asking for it and are being violent.

Yep - this was early 2000s before everyone would be filming with cell phones too. Basically the cops always sided with the bouncers too.

Guy I knew at the gym started his own security company in Edinburgh. I laughed when he told me he'd got the contract for the MacDonald's in the city centre. Why would a fast food joint need bouncers? Then I was walking past one on a Saturday night and saw the security staff in full on brawl with drunken customers.

IIRC, the guy who founded the Guardian Angels was the manager of a fast food joint in a rough neighbourhood. He said he used to hire staff on their ability to fight as much as cook or bus tables.

There used to be an amazing burger joint in Toronto in a shitty area that the owner hired cooks based on their size and ability to fight, because he could always teach them to cook.

I'm having a hard time believing that McDonalds really has bouncers.

What's hard to believe? It attracts shitty people.

Especially the ones that are open late on Friday and Saturday night. You'll get boozed up idiots who have been refused entry to clubs starting fights because someone bumped into them, cut in line etc.

Taxi ranks are another flashpoint for the same reason.

My former roommate was a bouncer at a strip club. He was a big dude and he would tell me fools would still try to square up on him who were like welterweights. Some were drunk off that liquid courage and some folks just wanted to take on the "big white boy" because "I'll be damned if some white dude I can whoop my ass I don't care if he has a 100 pounds on me." LOL But his last day as a bouncer he wasn't even on the clock when he got fired.

So a friend of ours was the DJ at the strip club and he was a Marine reserve. Some Marines who were still on active duty came in to drink or whatever and when they found out the DJ was in the Marines they started giving him shit, calling him and 'weekend soldier' but it was all kind of in jest. A jarhead is a jarhead, right? Our friend the DJ wasn't even sweating what they were saying but this big Vietnamese guy who had just been hired after doing time in the prison, decides to kick the guys out. My roommate was at the bar on his day off getting shit faced while his girlfriend at the time tried to keep him out of the whole thing. The Marines got up and left but were talking trash on their way out.

His bouncer friend gets pissed and follows them out to the parking lot even after they walked out. He looked at my roommate and was like 'come on.' My roommate being a drunken idiot follows them out to the parking lot. Those Marines stomped his big ass a new one even though him and the bouncer were bigger. It was 6 against 2. His girl wasn't small but she couldn't hold him back. Saw this dude the next morning and his face was a complete mess. I was shocked that nothing got broken. Fool lost his job and could have lost his life over some bullshit that had nothing to do with him.

Yep - this was early 2000s before everyone would be filming with cell phones too. Basically the cops always sided with the bouncers too.
My time in clubs was around 2003-2006 and i can say was the case here too
There was mostly mutual respect and they just used to ask the staff version of things

When possible police will ever side with the staff, unless the club itself have bad rep

Bizzarre situation was when you got drunk cops as normal clients in their free time, and you hope nothing stupid will happen

One day when I was 19-20 back in 2007-08 I took two pills in a club and I was munted as fuck. I went out for a smoke and when I came back the bouncer didn’t let me in. I don’t remember any of this but I got boisterous and getting mouthy with the bouncer. He knocked me out and carried me up the street so I wasn’t laying on the floor outside the club. I woke up a bit later (can’t remember how long I was out for) and got a cab home. I think he fractured my jaw, I couldn’t close it without pain or chew properly for ages.

I remeber one time I walked out to hit my vape pen because I didn't want to get kicked out of thsi club since I had been there a few times. I asked one of the bouncers watching the door if I could hit my vape pen outside and he said yeah thats cool. I asked if I could be let back no more than 10 seconds later and the same dude looked me up and down with a different wierd like stimulant eyes kind of look and said he didn't remember me and I had to wait in line again which is always a lame and demeaning process. Its also stupid as fuck that tehy make you take your hats and shit off and put it on a big ass table that no one watches outside the fucking club

When I was around 17 years old, my cousin (also 17) and some of his friends and I went to this shitty bar underneath a strip plaza by his house. He had his brother's ID (who was 20) and was buying us pitchers with it. I don't think the bar owners really cared that much because business was shitty anyways. Two of my other cousins were there as well, one drove us all there.

Anyways, at some point this heavy set Asian fellow approached our group, he claimed to be the bouncer of this place and was asking to see our IDs. We were a little panicky as we were underage, or at least I was and this guy was trying to kick us out. My cousin (who had been buying the beer) asked the bartenders about this guy, and they said that he was not the bouncer, he's just a regular who has probably had too much to drink.

So I'm outside later with one cousin, who was having a smoke, and this "bouncer" guy comes out all agitated because we wouldn't show him our IDs earlier. My cousin tells him to chill out and next thing I know, they're fighting. My cousin is throwing wild hooks and then they tie up and it kind of fizzles out.

So we decide to leave and our group comes out of the place and this "bouncer" is trying to fight with all of us. For some reason this guy claims to have "killed a police dog," at some point (weird flex, but ok?) while we're trying to leave and get this guy to fuck off. My cousin who drove us there at one point comes up behind the guy and grabs his ears and is trying to pull them off of this guy's head (we still laugh at him to this day about it). At this point we pile into his dodge caravan and are finally making our escape. As we drive by this guy, he starts running at the van with his hand up over his head, like he's going to try to pound on the window, and our driver jerks the wheel toward him and hits him with the side of the van. The guy goes down on his ass as we make our getaway. It was a strange night for sure.

Manchester bouncers are all nob heads In my experience
Never got in any trouble because I’m the kinda weasel that slides right out of trouble
I’m far too pretty to get punched

Back