Experiences with bouncers

I was a bouncer through college at a young college bar and for the largest hip hop clubs in the city. I've seen everything from rapes, shootings, stabbings, jumpings, drug trafficking, and everything in between. I've been in more fights than I can even count. I've had shooting inside the club. I've had guns pulled in the club. I've seen people getting blow jobs in VIP sections. I've seen people smoking blunts that were literally a foot long. I've seen government officials indicted for corruption involving the owners of my clubs. The list is just endless and the stories too many to start naming them off. So I'll give one good story.

I was working the door as head of security at this bar that was a hugely popular college bar. That day was our busy night and there was a few hundred people upstairs and on the patio that sat outside our door. The patio was really long, but only about ten meters out towards the street. Right on the other side of the patio was some parking. I had driven my girlfriend's car to work that night, parking on the other side of the patio directly in view of my door so I could watch it. Working here, I wore some boots, jeans, and a black hoodie that read security on both sides in big white letters.

About half an hour before closing time, this group of about 10 guys and a few girls is congregating at the edge of the patio where my car is parked so I kind of start watching them to ensure they don't do anything stupid. Inevitably a few minutes later I see this guy jump up onto the hood of the car and sit on it while this girl climbs on top and straddles him. The rest of his group are standing around him and they aren't telling him to get down or anything like that so I yell over at them to get the fuck off my car. It takes a second for them to even notice me yelling and they just look at me and ignore me completely. So at this point I'm getting pissed off and I decide I'm going to have to pull them down because they aren't listening at all.

I push through the group of people standing around them and grab the guy sitting on my car by his arm to just pull him off. I pulled him pretty hard because he didn't want to move and he stumbled several feet away and fell on the ground. If he hadn't been really drunk he wouldn't have fallen, but I didn't really care that much. At that point though, his group of buddies decided that they weren't cool with how I handled things so they started getting really aggressive towards me. At that point I realized that I was surrounded by a bunch of people who didn't like me and they were pulling on my hoodie from behind and grabbing on my arms to try to turn me towards them.

The drunk guy had recovered off the ground at that point and he started coming towards me in an aggressive way and I knew I had to do something or get jumped. So I decide to set a statement to the group that I was not fucking around. As soon as the drunk dude got close enough, I smacked him with an overhand right right in the mouth as hard as I could. Dude gets knocked out standing up and rag dolls towards the ground. On his way down he bounces his head off a car bumper and then right onto one of those concrete barriers that are often in front of car parking spots. It sounded like a watermelon getting smashed when he hit and immediately all of the guys surrounding me were freaked out and let go of me. The guy's girlfriend put his head in her lap and starting crying like he had been murdered. In all fairness, I hit him way too hard but I thought they were going to jump me so I wanted to leave no question in their head what would happen if they fucked with me.

Well so that ended with them all crying about me hitting him and I left to go upstairs to defuse the situation while another bouncer handled the mess I left. The next day that kid I hit came up to the bar looking for the guy who hit him and ended up speaking to me about it without realize who I was. I had hit him so hard that he needed like twenty stitches inside his mouth from where his teeth gashed his inside cheek open. He wanted to sue me for damages until I reminded him that I was working, he was causing damage to my vehicle while intoxicated and his friends were putting their hands on me so I defended myself. He gave up on that idea after I reminded him how silly it was.

I could tell write a book with all the stories I have from that time of my life.

I was a bouncer through college at a young college bar and for the largest hip hop clubs in the city. I've seen everything from rapes, shootings, stabbings, jumpings, drug trafficking, and everything in between. I've been in more fights than I can even count. I've had shooting inside the club. I've had guns pulled in the club. I've seen people getting blow jobs in VIP sections. I've seen people smoking blunts that were literally a foot long. I've seen government officials indicted for corruption involving the owners of my clubs. The list is just endless and the stories too many to start naming them off. So I'll give one good story.

I was working the door as head of security at this bar that was a hugely popular college bar. That day was our busy night and there was a few hundred people upstairs and on the patio that sat outside our door. The patio was really long, but only about ten meters out towards the street. Right on the other side of the patio was some parking. I had driven my girlfriend's car to work that night, parking on the other side of the patio directly in view of my door so I could watch it. Working here, I wore some boots, jeans, and a black hoodie that read security on both sides in big white letters.

About half an hour before closing time, this group of about 10 guys and a few girls is congregating at the edge of the patio where my car is parked so I kind of start watching them to ensure they don't do anything stupid. Inevitably a few minutes later I see this guy jump up onto the hood of the car and sit on it while this girl climbs on top and straddles him. The rest of his group are standing around him and they aren't telling him to get down or anything like that so I yell over at them to get the fuck off my car. It takes a second for them to even notice me yelling and they just look at me and ignore me completely. So at this point I'm getting pissed off and I decide I'm going to have to pull them down because they aren't listening at all.

I push through the group of people standing around them and grab the guy sitting on my car by his arm to just pull him off. I pulled him pretty hard because he didn't want to move and he stumbled several feet away and fell on the ground. If he hadn't been really drunk he wouldn't have fallen, but I didn't really care that much. At that point though, his group of buddies decided that they weren't cool with how I handled things so they started getting really aggressive towards me. At that point I realized that I was surrounded by a bunch of people who didn't like me and they were pulling on my hoodie from behind and grabbing on my arms to try to turn me towards them.

The drunk guy had recovered off the ground at that point and he started coming towards me in an aggressive way and I knew I had to do something or get jumped. So I decide to set a statement to the group that I was not fucking around. As soon as the drunk dude got close enough, I smacked him with an overhand right right in the mouth as hard as I could. Dude gets knocked out standing up and rag dolls towards the ground. On his way down he bounces his head off a car bumper and then right onto one of those concrete barriers that are often in front of car parking spots. It sounded like a watermelon getting smashed when he hit and immediately all of the guys surrounding me were freaked out and let go of me. The guy's girlfriend put his head in her lap and starting crying like he had been murdered. In all fairness, I hit him way too hard but I thought they were going to jump me so I wanted to leave no question in their head what would happen if they fucked with me.

Well so that ended with them all crying about me hitting him and I left to go upstairs to defuse the situation while another bouncer handled the mess I left. The next day that kid I hit came up to the bar looking for the guy who hit him and ended up speaking to me about it without realize who I was. I had hit him so hard that he needed like twenty stitches inside his mouth from where his teeth gashed his inside cheek open. He wanted to sue me for damages until I reminded him that I was working, he was causing damage to my vehicle while intoxicated and his friends were putting their hands on me so I defended myself. He gave up on that idea after I reminded him how silly it was.

I could tell write a book with all the stories I have from that time of my life.

i always thought guys who worked plus 20 years were a bit crazy

I've "bounced" twice.

The second time, it was for a benefit concert led by thelonius monk. Ravi Shankar was a special guest.

My job was to keep people away from the folks in the front row.

Some dude approached me literally pulled the "do you know who I am? My dad is...." card.

I told him it didn't matter. I wasnt letting him beyonding the stantions.

He then told me that he knew the event organizer and the he would let him into the front row.

I told him that I knew that was a lie since the event organizer is a woman.

He sat down and shut up.

The event organizer and I have two kids and a dog and a mortgage.

i always thought guys who worked plus 20 years were a bit crazy

You're talking about guys who bounced for over 20 years? Yeah I knew a few guys who did it for a living and never had anything else going for them. I've never enjoyed the job enough to want to do it for a career. I definitely maxed out the potential as a bouncer in my city. I was working for the biggest clubs and doing private security for celebs that were in the city for work. To go any further I would have had to start traveling with high end clients and I didn't have any desire to go live that life.

It was a great college job but I certainly had no interest in doing it for the rest of my life.

Ahhh, letting the PTSD flow through my veins again.

Urban clubs and parties were always a nightmare, horrible crowds, violent, people trying to do shit inside that they're not allowed to, trying to smuggle drinks, weapons and drugs in etc....

In Brazil, they have these megaclubs where 20+ bouncers are working, and I happened to be recruited there thanks to one of the guys I trained with. Most of the clubs play country music, as the rich Brazilians love to listen to country music and pretend they're cowboys. Most of the troubles are guys yelling it each other, as they're too pussy to fight, but you have to watch out they don't come back with muscle. The patrons, the wannabe cowboy guys are looking down on anyone that is not rich, giving you shit for nothing etc...

One night, I get stopped by a few people sitting at a vip table, drinking a (few) bottles of grey goose which is super expensive in Brazil, and the guy says jokingly he wants to show me a party trick. His friends and his whores are already grinning, so I'm already dubious about his actions. He proceeds to take a lemon quarter and throws it full force at my head, resulting to hit my forehead. They explode in laughter.

I told them I knew another party trick, so I got my dick out, and peed in his glass from the other side of the table, causing his glass to spill all over the table, with my pee ending on his (and his friends) pants and shirt. For good measure I also aimed at their other ice bucket, to be sure that bottle got baptized too. The women started crying and the guys had the scared pikachu look on his face. I put my dick back in my pants, went to the locker room and left. Needless to say, I got fired after that night but it was so worth it.

On the other hand, usually I try to be friendly with bouncers, as it's a super shitty job to do. But so many guys think they are cops, and so many are violent for no reason and like to inflict violence on weaklings while they could have just talked it out.

In Curitiba, there is this bouncer that used to be a sparring partner of Wanderlei Silva in the early Chute Boxe days, pure class act, very friendly, now in his late forties, never understood he bounced and didn't focus on a fighting career, as he put some of the best fighters through hell. Could have been a top fighter.

Edit, also @Cole train didn't knew Finland has gotten to shit with junkies and thrash.

Worked as a bouncer for years and have seen lots of crazy stuff.

Glad I don't have to do that shit anymore.

Drunk people are the worst.

What the hell, fast food places have bouncers? I have honestly never heard or seen that in my life.

I would help on occasion as a bouncer when I was younger, when one of my friends who ran a security service at events was short staffed. Nothing super exciting happened beyond breaking up fights between drunk people and trying to convince people not to drive home when wasted. Since it wasn't my actual job and I didn't want to get in any serious situations, I would take the "nice cop" approach - you can either really escalate or subdue a volatile situation by how you intervene. 9/10, people would calm down when they realized that I genuinely just wanted them to be safe, as opposed to playing a tough guy.

The hardest thing in my experience was breaking up fights between woman - both people would just be holding onto the other person's hair, and separating them was like a Chinese finger trap. The more you pulled them apart, the harder they tried to scalp the other person.

Finns go hard.

But yeah de escalating conflicts when possible is usually best.

And maybe it's the litigiousness of the US but a lot of us on the training forums are of the opinion that it's better if you HAVE to drop a person as a bouncer to leg kick them than to deliberately try to bounce their head off things.

"People who've never trained leg kicks have the cutest reaction to leg kicks."

I've "bounced" twice.

The second time, it was for a benefit concert led by thelonius monk.

First of all, I am a huge fan of Thelonius Monk but more importantly, how fucking old are you? LOL - he died almost 4 yrs ago.

Worked as a bouncer for years and have seen lots of crazy stuff.

Glad I don't have to do that shit anymore.

Drunk people are the worst.

This is where you and I differ. Same age(ish), same city(ish), completely different views on bouncing.

This is where you and I differ. Same age(ish), same city(ish), completely different views on bouncing.

Wasn't all bad of course.

Maybe I shouldn't have worked at all the sketchy bars!

First of all, I am a huge fan of Thelonius Monk but more importantly, how fucking old are you? LOL - he died almost 4 yrs ago.
Sorry, I need to clarify, it was a concert in partnership with the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. I think the man himalef passed away in the early 80s.

On my 21st birthday, my friends took me to my first strip club. They bought me a lap dance and the hooker, I mean stripper, sat down and was grinding on me when she got stuck by my belt buckle. She yelled out and a bouncer grabbed me by the throat. She felt bad and unbuckled me and gave me another dance.

You need to get out more.

I’ve seen some fucked up shit at night in McDonalds around the world.

I don't know if going to McDonalds is really the definition of "getting out more".

Threads about bouncers always end up good so might as well make one so what are you experiences with door guys?

I worked for 2 years because at the time i figured there wasnt much else i could do except stand in a doorway ruining peoples night. I might as well tell some random stories since im half drunk and i make most of the threads here while drunk or hungover.This will be a long post so feel free to skip.

Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds around here was a stepping stone and a gut check for new bouncers, basically people used to say that if you could survive mcdonalds,you could survive a bar/nightclub. I got put in to the toughest mcdonalds in the city because my boss told me that clubs were for bouncers that proved themselfs and i hadnt earned a club spot, also he was a sadistic fuck.At best there were 5 bouncers inside that mcdonalds because there were fights going on all the damn time on weekends and during the week on ordinary workdays you were working alone dealing with drug dealers standing outside and junkies trying to get in to shoot up since most places were closed on at nights during the week.Most crazy stuff i saw was in this mcdonalds and not in clubs or bars

for example i literally had to choke a guy because there was no ketchup

Basically guy comes in buys a basic big mac meal and goes to the spice station, notices theres no ketchup and starts apocalyptic screaming similar to arnold in predator and calling the staff cunts for not having ketchup, i run over tell him to shut up and leave, he tells me to go fuck myself after which i proceed to rnc him, drag him near the entrance, hit his head against a pole "accidentally" then handcuff him and wait fo 5-0.

Syringe attack

working with my partner on friday, some junkie got past us while we were somewhere else and is in toilet shooting up. I go down there to wait for him to come out ,usually junkies flush needles so you dont have to worry about being stabbed with them and while they just had mainlined,they were easier to push around.,
Except this guy didnt, he opens the door syringe still in his hand and lunges at me,i manage to block the syringe and start wrestling for it for my life. I scream in to the radio to partner to come help but he doesnt answer. While im fighting he is upstairs talking to some russian girls and hes turned his radio off so he can hear them better like i later find out. I end up kneeing the druggie to the nuggets 2 times before he goes down and i can handcuff him.After shift yelled at colleague.

Gypsy girl

After 6 months in mcdonalds i got moved to bars.Armed with PTSD from fast food industry,anti-social attitude and a thousand yard stare i was eager to ruin peoples nights to feed my moon sized ego.i was working in the center of the city in a bar that was near a romani gypsy beggar hangout that you see everywhere in europe,they used to come up and ask if they could use the bathroom and usually i turned them away. One week i wrestled a guy, bounced his head against a doorway and threw him in to the street.One gypsy girl comes up to me and asks me in english why im so violent and always fighting , i just answer "security"

week later same girl comes up and ask if she can have some lemonade, i think what the hell, i get her the lemonade and she drinks it.After that she kissed me on the cheek and said that im a good guy and if i was a gypsy she would marry me.probably most romantic thing ever said to me since im an incel asshole

Sexual harassment and scandinavian women in nightclubs (i cant pinpoint their country because all scandi language sound swedish to me so lets just say they are scandi)

This was something that weirded the fuck out of all bouncers so it will be something i will say something about.

after another 6 months in bars, i got moved to clubs, now armed with lung cancer from all the second hand smoke i had to breathe at the entrance of bars while people smoked outside, an anti-social disorder with total disregard for human life and my thousand yard stare had extended so far i could see another galaxy.

So about scandi women they had a weird thing that they had absolutely no self preservation instinct, we were saving them so often it became a routine for us. An example would be they are dancing in a group of 4 people but at the same time they are being surrounded by people of certain ethnicity that have criminal vibe, they keep ignoring this and keep high fiving them. Im an experienced guy at this point, i know that forced touching of ass and tits and screaming will start soon but i cant do anything about it. Why?

because i cant prove that they were going to do that,secondly these women might like it so thats another thing to think about, when i was new in clubs i used to run in when they just had them surrounded and got called a racist asshole by the women .This was something all the new guys had to go through at some point. So basically we were stuck between letting girls get groped and suffer emotional trauma but they might have learned that there are bad things in this world during the process or save them from grouping and be considered an asshole while the girls leave learned nothing.

there were a lot of these kind of choices in bouncing and everyone chose differently, some guys handled situation above differently than i did. i quit bouncing because this was too much stress for a pay of a warehouse worker.

in before too long didnt read lol

Man the Finland you describe is way different than what I thought of it lol. Always thought it was a bunch of green rolling hills and dairy cows and villages. And neat little bridges and things.

What you describe sounds a lot more like the world of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, or Gangsta's Paradise even.

I've "bounced" twice.

The second time, it was for a benefit concert led by thelonius monk. Ravi Shankar was a special guest.

My job was to keep people away from the folks in the front row.

Some dude approached me literally pulled the "do you know who I am? My dad is...." card.

I told him it didn't matter. I wasnt letting him beyonding the stantions.

He then told me that he knew the event organizer and the he would let him into the front row.

I told him that I knew that was a lie since the event organizer is a woman.

He sat down and shut up.

The event organizer and I have two kids and a dog and a mortgage.

I’d love to experience a Ravi Shankar concert live.

Back