Edson Barbosa Thinks a Match Against Holloway for the BMF Belt Makes Sense

BMF belt should have an age limit.

Reactions: mkt
From getting TKO'd by Jamie Varner in 2012 and getting dropped by a punch and RNC'd by Cerrone in 2014....to a BMF Belt in 2024. Nice Rocky-style, late-career comeback but Barb isn't beating anyone the caliber of Max.

BMF belt should have an age limit.
Or a senior division, maybe. Chandler-Barboza would make more sense. Chandler has the power to KO Edson early but doesn't have the cardio to drown him with punches for 3-5 rounds like Max and other younger guys.

But really, let's just drop the BMF thing.

I would watch but Max is his stylistic kryptonite.

Damn. He's right. He has fought everybody and never backs down. The BMF belt isn't suddenly about rankings just because Max has it. Remember it was made for fucking Nate and Jorge.
It was for when Ronda beat Mayweather, under the right circumstances. Nate and the other guy was a back up plan.

Barboza absolutely is on that level, he beat Felder (twice, fuck the judges on the 2nd one), Pettis, Melendez, Dunham, Hooker, Dariush. He probably has more top 10 wins than Masvidal.

He's not talking about wins, he's talking excitement wise. Barboza has been in some good fights, but most of those guys have been in war after war.

I like him, but the man isnt popular enough or sadly, good enough, at this point the current BMF belt has been contested by elite fighters, 2 Interim Champions, a former Undisputed champion and a divisional all time great, even Masvidal was "elite" at his peak, ranked and fought for the title twice, more off steam than skills, but still, Barboza has fall short when it comes to high ranking fights.

Barbosa vs RDA is the fightche should want that's a reasonable fight worthy of a main card n a fun fight.

He's no where near being in the BMF category anymore

Such a nice respectable call out.

They need to make a prelim king belt... Edson can fight for that. Seriously though he still has the same issues he did when he was younger. He can't handle a pressure fighter that doesn't give him space.

On fight night. Basically being fed to murphy in the hopes murphy wins. max shouldn't be fighting him

I get what you're saying sir, Im just saying...you said Fight Night prelim guy when he's actually main event tomorrow.

Him and Max would be fun until Max drowned him lol.

I don't know who Masvidal beat that's better than Barboza's top wins (I'm gonna say Pettis? Based on when he did it).
Jorge's best win is one of Cerrone, Nate Diaz and Till.
Till was the highest ranked fighter either of them has beaten, it was right after his title fight.

Back