Does DDP have star potential?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
What do you think? He has a super entertaining fight style, finishes almost everyone and he has been in a few feuds already with Sean and Izzy. He can also talk trash well and has no problems saying some cold shit.
If he wins at 297, do you see him being a star? Not on the level of Conor but maybe Izzy level?

Yes but his fighting style isn't sustainable. He better win while he's in his prime because as soon as he'll slow down just a little bit, the downfall will be nasty.

Im saying this because of his lack of fundementals.

Yes but his fighting style isn't sustainable. He better win while he's in his prime because as soon as he'll slow down just a little bit, the downfall will be nasty.

Im saying this because of his lack of fundementals.
Man...

You gotta understand... Not everyone can or SHOULD be a fundamental fighter.

They got crazy physical attributes that transcend the way you are supposed to do shit.

He naturally fights a certain way and he uses that to his advantage.

RJJ had a full career with his crazy ass style. Yes when his speed and reflexes started to go he ran into problems but he could have retired on top and had a full career as a multi weight champion. Lack of fundamentals does not have to be a be all end all ESPECIALLY in MMA.

Man...

You gotta understand... Not everyone can or SHOULD be a fundamental fighter.

They got crazy physical attributes that transcend the way you are supposed to do shit.

He naturally fights a certain way and he uses that to his advantage.

RJJ had a full career with his crazy ass style. Yes when his speed and reflexes started to go he ran into problems but he could have retired on top and had a full career asd a multi weight champion. Lack of fundamentals does not have to be a be all end all ESPECIALLY in MMA.
Im talking about when the physical attributes decline a bit. Tell me ONE fighter who was unskilled in fundementals but had physical gifts that had a long succesful career?

This no fundementals talk is nonsense. There's a reason why basic drill training pays off.

RJJ had a rapid decline. As soon as he fell off just a little bit that was it. So you're saying DDP should retire on top then? Yeah let's hope he does that then.

All it takes is like one press conference or post fight to turn shit around. Thats why these guys cant waste oppurtunities and airtime like that.
He was pretty entertaining in the trash talk against Till too but you're right, that Sean press conference and I think most realize that he can be a big star.
I'm a big fan and happy to be proven wrong.

Trying to fight like a boring ass meat and potatoes fighter would completley stifle a fucking psychopath like Jiri . Gotta let a playa play
Jiri has decent fundementals. He just doesn't fight that way.

He uses basic skills when he needs to.

DDP is a different story.

Im talking about when the physical attributes decline a bit. Tell me ONE fighter who was unskilled in fundementals but had physical gifts that had a long succesful career?

This no fundementals talk is nonsense. There's a reason why basic drill training pays off.

RJJ had a rapid decline. As soon as he fell off just a little bit that was it. So you're saying DDP should retire on top then? Yeah let's hope he does that then.
It doesnt matter.

RJJ shouldnt have have done anything different. He became an all time great and made alot of money.

Fedor Emelianenko with his wild ass throwin bombs from his hands at his waist shouldnt have done anything different. He was the GOAT for 10 years.

Who cares what happens when your old??? Get the bag as soon as you fuckin can,and worry about the rest later!

The list goes on and on of fighters who's style got them everything.

Everyone declines. Go make some fuckin money before that happens.

Definitely. Beating Whittaker boosted his stock a lot.
I would imagine if he beat Strickland for the belt and then defended against Izzy and wins he would be a pretty big star

A lot of people who disliked Izzy became Strickland fans when he beat Izzy

Yes. He was very handsome man and he was have nice physique for crossover into other sport like WWE. Quite sexy maybe he was also popular with women, especially with #AfricanKing status of his.

DU_PLESSUS_DRICUS_L_07-08.png

He will not have my vote though against American Combatant (Sean Tarzan or otherwise), due to my respect for #BlueCollarCulture. I was respect his #battle prowess against lesser country though no caps for certain.

Many much #BigBucks opportunity for him IMHO.

He has the looks, fighting style, & the personality. He also has the potential to fight & beat consecutive stars in order to grow his own. Beat Sean and he probably becomes a star. Defend vs Izzy & Khamzat and he could become a superstar.

I don't think he will reign too long as Champ but he'll be relevant for the rest of his career if he can go on a Sean/Izzy/Khamzat run, BIG if obviously but conceivable.

Back