People are sleeping on Sean Strickland (he will TKO DDP in the 3rd or 4th round)

He already won the first fight

UFC-7.jpg

No he did not. His punches did nothing for Dricus and last time Dricus was staring down at Strickland with Strickland flat on his back with Dricus posturing for ramming a punch in his face so Strickland started it, but Dricus finished it

rewatched DDP's performances against Till and Brunson and am officially picking Sean.

They were way better performances than what Strickland had against journeyman Abus where Abus was having a field day with Strickland until he gassed out. You mentioned Till, did you not see Dricus landed 60+ punches in only 30 seconds in round 1 when the fight should have been stopped, but the ref held off on purpose to let Till survive till the bell? People cherry pick moments here and there ignoring 90% of the fight was Dricus domination and he finished every fight except 1 fight that went to decision.

Last edited:
Idk, expecting Strickland to win against a guy who has finished every fight in which he's participated, save three, and in a 5 round fight with extra 10 mins available to end it, it doesn't seem very practical, from a betting POV. I can't see him grinding out a decision. Expecting a standard showing from Dricus.

Sean Strickland's striking is too sharp, too organized for DDP to do his usual sloppy 'blitzing'. The awakened Sean we saw in the Izzy fight had much better striking than any of DDP's prior opponents and they managed inflict plenty of damage (e.g. Tavares).

DDP's grappling is nothing spectacular. Certainly not on Khamzat's level. DDP will want to keep the fight standing.

In many ways, DDP is the 'Tony' of this generation of middleweight Fergusons. Like prime Tony, DDP is athletic, explosive and has good cardio. However, his fundamentals are weak, and Sean will take full advantage of that.

This is one of the best MW matchups in a long time. Personally, I would like to see more of DDP, but tonight Sean will be the victor.

1858490756.0.jpg
You are wrong

You are wrong

I can bet he would not put his money on it based on what he wrote and how fundamentally flawed his argument is. Every single fight, Dricus takes it to the ground and no amount of wrestling (Till training with Khamzat for 2+ years) can get him in trouble on the ground. I counted three times where Strickland was pleading to keep the fight standing knowing full well, Dricus is going to take it to the ground at some point in the fight.

Regarding Khamzat, he can only look impressive against small opponents. Dricus simply dominates even guys of his size or bigger (Whittaker has some of the best defensive wrestling in the class. No one including Vettori or Yoel Romero could take him down and Dricus using his Judo fundamentals hip tossed 205+ lbs Whittaker to the ground) and he will for sure dominate Khamzat because Khamzat can only takedown much smaller, physically weaker opponents. Khamzat struggled against a 155 lbs Burns and Dricus is 220 lbs on fight night and way stronger than Khamzat. Dricus is on a different level.

Last edited:
Sean Strickland's striking is too sharp, too organized for DDP to do his usual sloppy 'blitzing'. The awakened Sean we saw in the Izzy fight had much better striking than any of DDP's prior opponents and they managed inflict plenty of damage (e.g. Tavares).

DDP's grappling is nothing spectacular. Certainly not on Khamzat's level. DDP will want to keep the fight standing.

In many ways, DDP is the 'Tony' of this generation of middleweight Fergusons. Like prime Tony, DDP is athletic, explosive and has good cardio. However, his fundamentals are weak, and Sean will take full advantage of that.

This is one of the best MW matchups in a long time. Personally, I would like to see more of DDP, but tonight Sean will be the victor.

1858490756.0.jpg
Strickland will win. Neither he nor DDP will go down in history as great champions. This is the least exciting championship fight in years and I will probably just save my money and skip this event altogether. And I cant believe I just typed that.

1858490756.0.jpg
Lol what a load of bullshit you came up with mate

Back