People are sleeping on Sean Strickland (he will TKO DDP in the 3rd or 4th round)

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
Sean Strickland's striking is too sharp, too organized for DDP to do his usual sloppy 'blitzing'. The awakened Sean we saw in the Izzy fight had much better striking than any of DDP's prior opponents and they managed inflict plenty of damage (e.g. Tavares).

DDP's grappling is nothing spectacular. Certainly not on Khamzat's level. DDP will want to keep the fight standing.

In many ways, DDP is the 'Tony' of this generation of middleweight Fergusons. Like prime Tony, DDP is athletic, explosive and has good cardio. However, his fundamentals are weak, and Sean will take full advantage of that.

This is one of the best MW matchups in a long time. Personally, I would like to see more of DDP, but tonight Sean will be the victor.

1858490756.0.jpg

Sean doesn't have the confidence that DDP has. Calling it now, think DDP is going to pressure Sean and finish him

Fuck it..

My gut reaction was Strickland by Decision. I decided to stick with my gut reaction. I figure it’s close to a coin flip. And on Tapology it’s still 53% Dricus. 47% Strickland. So amongst Tap players. It’s a close call. Half will be right. Half will be wrong.

This one could go either way IMO. Would not be betting if I was a betting man. Strickland by (Boring) Technical decision or DDP fucking ragdolls him? We'll see.

EDIT: I want to add that I've been watching some Strickland fights lately so I will qualify the "boring" comment. Defensively, Strickland is at a very high level, which makes his fights seem a little more boring.. but it needs to be respected nonetheless. It's impressive really.

Last edited:
Sean Strickland's striking is too sharp, too organized for DDP to do his usual sloppy 'blitzing'. The awakened Sean we saw in the Izzy fight had much better striking than any of DDP's prior opponents and they managed inflict plenty of damage (e.g. Tavares).

DDP's grappling is nothing spectacular. Certainly not on Khamzat's level. DDP will want to keep the fight standing.

In many ways, DDP is the 'Tony' of this generation of middleweight Fergusons. Like prime Tony, DDP is athletic, explosive and has good cardio. However, his fundamentals are weak, and Sean will take full advantage of that.

This is one of the best MW matchups in a long time. Personally, I would like to see more of DDP, but tonight Sean will be the victor.

1858490756.0.jpg

I wouldn't call Tony "explosive". Romero, Chandler, Barbosa are explosive fighters. Tony is more endurance based type of athlete. He relies on cardio and volume.

But sure I agree with the rest

yeah that berzerker style burns fuel, strickland smash 3 or 4
DDP's wrestling burns even more fuel, it's more brute strength than high level wrestling, that's never a good thing imo. If he ends up being forced to wrestle look for DDP burning out quick.

Last edited:
Sean had his Cody vs Cruz moment. Just how Izzy was thrown off guard with Sean pushing forward he will meet a similar faith with the big African pushing the pace.

Sean had his Cody vs Cruz moment. Just how Izzy was thrown off guard with Sean pushing forward he will meet a similar faith with the big African pushing the pace.
What "big African"?

If Dricus does the charging in with his chin held sky high like has in the past, I could see Sean clipping and dropping him.

But Sean will have to fight really well defensively again, as DuPlessis has big power.

rewatched DDP's performances against Till and Brunson and am officially picking Sean.

Back