Biden wants to avoid investigations of Trump

Sure. Two standards of justice. One for the rich and powerful and one for the great unwashed. A beautiful standard for the democratic party to promote. Tragic if you actually believe this.
No; I certainly think he should’ve been impeached and removed for obstructing the Mueller investigation. He also should’ve been removed over Ukraine. It’s also true that he’s a slimy criminal and con-man who has caused major damage to this country. The #1 overarching priority should be to try and heal the country and bring us back together as much as possible. Like I said, if there are state charges, not much can be done about that. But for Biden to have his DOJ investigate Trump would fracture the nation badly, and good luck accomplishing anything legislatively in the next 4 years.
Look, I totally understand that Trump is a despicable POS who deserves no mercy.

But the poor duped followers that were suckered in by this guy, do. Well, many do anyhow.

It’s not worth the damage to this country.

Biden needs to focus on making congress work together and course correcting institutional policies

we need to move on from trumps mob boss politics

Incentivizing future Presidents to behave like Trump knowing there will be no consequences, is more damage than prosecuting him will ever do. Incredibly short sighted imo. There has to be a cost to being a lawless President. Right now we're making it known to everyone that Presidents are above the law. At the rate we're going one day we'll have someone even worse than Trump, and that person might bring the entire country and the world down with him/her. That office is too powerful for there not to be accountability.

you have 71 million people who voted for this guy, 70% of which believe the elections were rigged. These are people who no longer trust our institutions, and going after him would play into their delusions of a desire for authoritarian regime from Democrats. We know on the surface what Trump has tried to do. We know if we dig a little deeper, we're bound to know more. But the need to restrengthen our democratic institutions and ensure the power remains in the hands of the people, and that people believe that the power is indeed theirs, is too important in the scope of American Politics.

However Trump will have his hands full when his creditors come knocking on his door, and with the criminal investigations and civil cases brought against him. He's going to spend a lot of time with his lawyers. I see more value in patching the system to prevent abuses of power like Trump got away with than to hang him publicly (so to speak).

And in order to retain these institutions, JUSTICE must be meted out. Starting with China/Pedo/Uncle Joe, HRC, BHO, Wray, Mueller, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, and the rest of the swamp need to be dealt swift and harsh penalties or those "institutions" will cease to exist, and order will be hard to maintain.

Count me among the 73 million that know this election was a fucking fraud.

And in order to retain these institutions, JUSTICE must be meted out. Starting with China/Pedo/Uncle Joe, HRC, BHO, Wray, Mueller, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, and the rest of the swamp need to be dealt swift and harsh penalties or those "institutions" will cease to exist, and order will be hard to maintain.

Count me among the 73 million that know this election was a fucking fraud.
Ah you're one of those. Go back to your echo chamber

In my opinion, it should be investigated but the coming executive branch shouldn't be involved. The thing I don't like about it though is that the headlines will be dominated by Trump for a couple of years. If the investigation is done, I think it should be done behind closed doors and then released all at once on its completion.

100% agree. I wouldn't want Dems or Reps representatives involved whatsoever. It's really really hard to impartial or dutiful individuals, but I think it could be done with enough effort. Ultimately, I want more to know what problems may lie ahead thanks to dirty dealings than I want to nail anyone to a wall. As long as Trump I'll let a proper process run its course.

It would be extremely petty, and a bad precedent by Biden to set. I can see Harris pushing for it, but Biden understands the danger of taking that route, if he wins.

Gosh I hope this isn't true. Trump needs to be exposed for all to see, he won't go away until this happens.

You shouldn't be worried about Trump being exposed. You have every media giant other than Fox working on it 24/7 for the past 4 years. As soon as you have something that can send him to jail, he will be sent to jail. Nothing will be hidden. There's no escape. What you should be worried about though is Biden's dirty secrets. Those might not get exposed, since you have the media giants working 24/7 on covering for him. Even the NYP gets suspended for posting shit about Biden, while pretty much ANYTHING can be posted against Trump. ANYTHING.

So, basically, whatever Trump is guilty of, we will know about. You shouldn't be concerned about that. Be concerned about what you WON'T know about Biden because the media and social media do such a great job covering his ass.

The #1 overarching priority should be to try and heal the country and bring us back together as much as possible.

What you're really saying is that for the republic to function all presidents should be given not only immunity from federal criminal prosecution while in office but immunity from criminal prosecution for life.

As Joe Biden likes to say, "Come on, man." :rolleyes:

Biden wont need to open investigations himself. I believe that there are already investigations going on and charges will be filed after Trump leaves office regardless of what Biden says.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be worried about Trump being exposed. You have every media giant other than Fox working on it 24/7 for the past 4 years. As soon as you have something that can send him to jail, he will be sent to jail. Nothing will be hidden. There's no escape. What you should be worried about though is Biden's dirty secrets. Those might not get exposed, since you have the media giants working 24/7 on covering for him. Even the NYP gets suspended for posting shit about Biden, while pretty much ANYTHING can be posted against Trump. ANYTHING.

So, basically, whatever Trump is guilty of, we will know about. You shouldn't be concerned about that. Be concerned about what you WON'T know about Biden because the media and social media do such a great job covering his ass.
Exactly.

It is cute hearing from the same TDS lunatics spouting about how Trump will be investigated! There wasn't one thing he's done in four years where the leftist reich didn't investigate with wrath and fury. If Trump wasn't 100% clean he would be in jail. They even ran an impeachment based 100% on BS and a fake whistleblower/dem operative.

By the way, WHAT crime did Trump commit that needs to be investigated? I think you guys are pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

Exactly.

It is cute hearing from the same TDS lunatics spouting about how Trump will be investigated! There wasn't one thing he's done in four years where the leftist reich didn't investigate with wrath and fury. If Trump wasn't 100% clean he would be in jail. They even ran an impeachment based 100% on BS and a fake whistleblower/dem operative.

Dude, you have audios of FBI agents and Google executives saying they can't allow Trump to win. EVEN playing dirty they can't find anything substancial. Just think about it. Think about how clean you have to be to avoid jail when ALL the powerhouses wanna get you so hard and are willing to do anything to destroy you. They lie. They fucking lie. Youtube just posted a "fat check" a few weeks ago saying Trump lied when he said Biden wanted to end fracking, when we have videos of Biden saying exactly that. Trump has everything against him.

Trump in jail is their wet dream, and they still couldn't do it. With all of their resources, all of their influence, all of their trickery, they still couldn't pull it off. Imagine having 90% of news channels and 100% of social media against a guy and half of the country still supports him. They do a really bad job at being dirty. It's like going to a boxing match with a baseball bat and you still can't knock him out.

I almost get an ulcer just reading that. I am sorry your outlook is so bleak.

What you're really saying is that for the republic to function all presidents should be given not only immunity from federal criminal prosecution while in office but immunity from criminal prosecution for life.

As Joe Biden likes to say, "Come on, man." :rolleyes:
No, not immunity. I think it needs to be taken on a case by case basis. I’d support it in a case where the vast majority of the nation was behind it. But they aren’t. We’d be upholding the rule of law, but nearly 50% of the country wouldn’t see it that way. What do we gain, and what is the cost? We get to point and laugh at Trump in a jail cell at the cost of fracturing the nation possibly beyond repair? Not worth it.
As for state charges, those can be handled by the states themselves.

The notion that Trump is any more of a criminal than Obama or Bush is laughable.

If George W Bush is allowed to walk around a free man, then absolutely nothing is happening to Trump.

Some of you forget the unwritten rules of political science. Former presidents are not allowed to be investigated for anything. If they were, every single one of them would've got the electric chair.

Just the way it goes. People need to learn to deal with it.

This. They're all criminal scum. Bush and Obama are war criminals and walk the streets free and fabulously wealthy.

If the DOJ finds enough to go on, he shouldn't stand in the way or anything, but he also shouldn't be pushing for it. Go back to the pre-Barr situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back