Biden wants to avoid investigations of Trump

By the way, WHAT crime did Trump commit that needs to be investigated? I think you guys are pointing fingers in the wrong direction.
I’ve already pointed out that Trump could almost certainly be charged with obstruction of justice. Multiple counts.

Nobody gives a fuck about what you get. Your lack of arguments is all that matters.

Okay then. What makes you think Biden has committed any crimes? He even made his tax returns public.

How many of his family members did Trump hire on the tax payers dime?

If the DOJ finds enough to go on, he shouldn't stand in the way or anything, but he also shouldn't be pushing for it. Go back to the pre-Barr situation.

Let's hope there is a thorough investigation and Biden doesn't get his hands dirty with it and make it political.

They want to make a deal to cancel the Durham investigation.

Gosh I hope this isn't true. Trump needs to be exposed for all to see, he won't go away until this happens.

all of the half dozen FBI investigations that lasted over three years of his presidency that turned up nothing isn’t enough for you? You want another investigation?

it’s crazy the media runs these lies for years and all proven false and half of the country still believe it’s true, despite the retractions. Sure it lasted all of 2 mins for the news to report that. But it just shows how the media warps ones mind and they believe false stories because they heard it so many times.

No, not immunity. I think it needs to be taken on a case by case basis. I’d support it in a case where the vast majority of the nation was behind it. But they aren’t. We’d be upholding the rule of law, but nearly 50% of the country wouldn’t see it that way. What do we gain, and what is the cost? We get to point and laugh at Trump in a jail cell at the cost of fracturing the nation possibly beyond repair? Not worth it.

Yeah, bro, this is all about being able to laugh at Trump. :rolleyes:

It's about making it clear to all future holders of the office that they are not above the law - no matter how batshit crazy their supporters are.

We've got a republican Special Counsel who in his report following a two year investigation specifically listed 10 "discrete acts" of potential obstruction by Trump.

For a Biden Justice Department to take zero action on this information should be in itself considered an act of treason.

There already are multiple open investigations into Trump, many centered in New York.

He already did. Trump did not attempt to prosecute Hillary Clinton, and was in fact tbe target of a $32 million witch hunt himself.

Prosecute Hillary for what? She's been investigated and nothing illegal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...p-focused-investigations-sources-say-n1247959

So basically, Joe isn't interested in having the Justice Dept go after Trump. Whether or not that actually happens only time will tell but I'm sure there are many Biden supporters that wouldn't agree with that line of thinking and want Trump investigated for anything and everything.
Then once he leaves office, the republican will go after him for any and everything. The same reason Trump didn't go after Obama. Obama didn't go after W. Etc etc.

Okay then. What makes you think Biden has committed any crimes? He even made his tax returns public.

How many of his family members did Trump hire on the tax payers dime?

I didn't say he commited crimes. I said the media protected him, hence the NYP getting suspended for posting a story about his son. People who did business with his son claim Joe knew about all of it. But when you have everyone in power trying to protect you, it can be very hard to prove anything about you, right? That's why i told you that you shouldn't be worried about Trump getting exposed, because if there is anything to expose, it will be. And if there's nothing to expose, they will still pretend there is. So Trump isn't the problem. The problem is people who are clearly protected from criticism and accusations.

Seriously, how often do you see democrats being "fact checked"? I don't see it at all. Was AOC fact checked when she claimed people in ICE facilities were drinking water from toilets, when that's not true at all and she didn't even entered the place to see it? I mean, are any of them EVER fact checked? When they accuse Trump of pretty much every horrible thing under the sun, are they fact checked? Does Twitter ever really say "well, Trump isn't really a fascist, for all we know"? No, they don't.

Some of his policies won’t be agreeable to conservatives but I don’t see how he’s been intentionally divisive at this point. If you watched the primary, he was the guy on stage saying there are good republicans and things like that while some of the other candidates were saying they’d prosecute Trump after the election. I know we can get into an endless argument of whether he should be tied to the more radical side of the party but I just don’t see that. Also, BLM likely isn’t happy the ticket was Biden Harris as they are probably the two who were toughest on crime out of the primary group that had a chance in winning.

it’s also important to note that the president doesn’t just prosecute some political opponent. Their justice department would be doing that and there is meant to be some degree of separation between their decisions and what the president might want. Some may see that separation as a joke but it should exist as a check on the presidents authority.

The "progressive left" hate Biden still. I have facebook friends more to the left than me and they share statuses every single day about how Biden needs to win over "progressives" or is slapping them in the face and such.

I’ve already pointed out that Trump could almost certainly be charged with obstruction of justice. Multiple counts.

I missed that one. When and how? Please don't tell me the mueller sham is what you mean.

Then once he leaves office, the republican will go after him for any and everything. The same reason Trump didn't go after Obama. Obama didn't go after W. Etc etc.
Exactly. They are all criminals. Nobody is going to rock that boat.

Prosecute Hillary for what? She's been investigated and nothing illegal.
Prosecute Trump for what? Hillary did mishandle classified documents and tried to destroy evidence during an investigation. You try doing that and see if "aw, she didn't mean it" is how the FBI treats you.

If Biden repeats with Trump what Obama did with GWB I hope progressives will join me in immediately ending the goodwill, wait-and-see attitude currently being extended to the incoming Biden administration.

If Biden doesn't man up and stand for the rule of law relative to pursuing any and all legitimate federal charges against Trump it's not something he can blame on the GOP Senate. It will be all on Biden/Harris.

If Biden betrays our institutions the left needs to immediately go scorched earth. I sincerely hope Biden isn't as politically stupid and morally bankrupt as some of these inside sources suggest.
Bit late to the dinner are you? The moderates are already throwing progressives under the bus and they have been since it was called for Biden.

Why do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did a press release a week ago saying she might quit politics because the moderates are blaming the left for losing house seats and not taking the senate? Lol

So go throw your leftist uprising because Biden just flat out told his aides he isn't going to persue what you want.

I didn't say he commited crimes. I said the media protected him, hence the NYP getting suspended for posting a story about his son. People who did business with his son claim Joe knew about all of it. But when you have everyone in power trying to protect you, it can be very hard to prove anything about you, right? That's why i told you that you shouldn't be worried about Trump getting exposed, because if there is anything to expose, it will be. And if there's nothing to expose, they will still pretend there is. So Trump isn't the problem. The problem is people who are clearly protected from criticism and accusations.

Seriously, how often do you see democrats being "fact checked"? I don't see it at all. Was AOC fact checked when she claimed people in ICE facilities were drinking water from toilets, when that's not true at all and she didn't even entered the place to see it? I mean, are any of them EVER fact checked? When they accuse Trump of pretty much every horrible thing under the sun, are they fact checked? Does Twitter ever really say "well, Trump isn't really a fascist, for all we know"? No, they don't.

Trump get's fact checked because he lies his ass off. LOL to blame the media for this. The last four years have been one long string of misinformation and graft.

Im not sure how the media protects Biden when Trump controls the FBI and justice department. If Biden did anything they would have gladly investigated. I'm not sure how the media protects him with this?

This is dumb cuz Republicans are absolutely going to impeach him do a gazillion hearings and investigations into Hunter’s laptop. Whatever trouble he thinks he’s saving himself by going easy on Trump is going to happen regardless.

Bit late to the dinner are you? The moderates are already throwing progressives under the bus and they have been since it was called for Biden.

Why do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did a press release a week ago saying she might quit politics because the moderates are blaming the left for losing house seats and not taking the senate? Lol

So go throw your leftist uprising because Biden just flat out told his aides he isn't going to persue what you want.

Ok, Canadian. Thanks for the deep insight into US politics. If it weren't for my attentive right-wing neighbors to the North I would have no idea WTF was going on among progressives here.

Back