Biden wants to avoid investigations of Trump

If George W Bush is allowed to walk around a free man, then absolutely nothing is happening to Trump.

Some of you forget the unwritten rules of political science. Former presidents are not allowed to be investigated for anything. If they were, every single one of them would've got the electric chair.

Just the way it goes. People need to learn to deal with it.

Along the lines of Ford pardoning Nixon, I think having the DOJ go after Trump would cause a lot of damage to the country at a time when we need to try and work together. There’s no point in it.
Now state charges cannot be pardoned, so if the SDNY or whoever feels they have cause to investigate there’s not much that can be done to stop that.

For what? You do know she was investigated numerous times by the Senate and the FBI and no illegal activity was found to occur.

But hey, good on Trump for not putting her in prison for nothing.

He could've easily pursued further investigations. He didn't, and in fact released a very similar statement as Biden's on the matter.

You asked if he would do the same, he literally did, and now you want to say it doesn't count. I can see you're coming at this from a very objective standpoint.

Are you kidding me? He did not want to open ANOTHER investigation into what had been investigated a handful of times and no illegal behavior was ever found.

The witch hunt started by Republicans because Trump caused it by firing Comey.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Of course they found illegal activity, they chose not to prosecute.

Along the lines of Ford pardoning Nixon, I think having the DOJ go after Trump would cause a lot of damage to the country at a time when we need to try and work together. There’s no point in it.
Now state charges cannot be pardoned, so if the SDNY or whoever feels they have cause to investigate there’s not much that can be done to stop that.

He might also be on the hook for tax evasion

That makes sense. Like mentioned in the OP, he ran on trying to unite the country. Even if there are criminal activities he could ding Trump with, it undermines that message and also might set a bad precedence in the future for winning candidates to go after the loser. It’s time for people to move on from Trump and figure out what the new path for our future is.

No US president has ever tried their predecessor for their crimes.
  • Obama killed US citizens (a minor at that) without due process
  • Bush committed war crimes
  • Clinton there's so much there that its tough to even see what's smoke and what's fire after 25 years, but there was plenty to dig into.
Biden will never do anything radical. He will never rock the boat. If you want to know what he'll do ask yourself "what would a center-right establishment shill do?" cause that's the path he's going to take.

This is why the Dems will always be under the heels of Republicans they don't know how to roll up their sleeves and swing back and fight dirty like them. Them 72+ million that voted for Trump don't mind that dirty fighting and lying you not gonna win any of them handing out daffodils.

In my experience, if you let a man break your nose, then next time he tries to break your spine

KaKKPW3QgXmAMtm619xQfcdDwSLZewdPF7Mm0nzLyRzRquv82MCXoMJqwh6E7tLqs2wsN4ZHfe6q0my9wM4k-Q4un1AuKqovk-y3nRKTK9lAeSJjDsxI2g

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...p-focused-investigations-sources-say-n1247959

So basically, Joe isn't interested in having the Justice Dept go after Trump. Whether or not that actually happens only time will tell but I'm sure there are many Biden supporters that wouldn't agree with that line of thinking and want Trump investigated for anything and everything.

If Biden repeats with Trump what Obama did with GWB I hope progressives will join me in immediately ending the goodwill, wait-and-see attitude currently being extended to the incoming Biden administration.

If Biden doesn't man up and stand for the rule of law relative to pursuing any and all legitimate federal charges against Trump it's not something he can blame on the GOP Senate. It will be all on Biden/Harris.

If Biden betrays our institutions the left needs to immediately go scorched earth. I sincerely hope Biden isn't as politically stupid and morally bankrupt as some of these inside sources suggest.

LOL, they should both investigate each other, I could only imagine what that shitshow would reveal...

He might also be on the hook for tax evasion
Very possible. That’s federal tax isn’t it? That could also be something that Biden (or another president) could pardon him for.

i understand biden's pov, but ffs, trump has done more damage to our country than any outside enemy could even dream of.
- trashed our international reputation
- wrecked a strong economy
- failed to respond to global pandemic
- sowed distrust in fucking democracy
- did everything possible to increase divisiveness
- installed the most corrupt administration in the history of our country further damaging democracy and creating harm that will last god-knows how long
- conned who knows how many million dumbasses out of money for his fake campaign
etc.
etc.

The linked article did say Biden would leave the decision to investigate to the individual DOJ's sure the white house will give them secret support if they need it... <Kobe213>

It's ridiculous. If it was just some partisan hack... sure, I get it. But Trump clearly made some dealings and interactions that were both illegal and dangerous for the country's security. He should be investigated. Not for no reason, but for very specific.

This cannot be overstated: He has never said a single bad word about Putin.

In my opinion, it should be investigated but the coming executive branch shouldn't be involved. The thing I don't like about it though is that the headlines will be dominated by Trump for a couple of years. If the investigation is done, I think it should be done behind closed doors and then released all at once on its completion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back