Best Actor and Best Actress Should Be Combined Into One Category

because it's never been that way. your hypothetical sucks. just accept it.

Just because that's the way it's always been doesn't mean it's the best way. I don't see how separating the genders is really much different than separating the races.

It's a marketing gimmick for the industry and nominees pay for entrance into the competition, so why would they want or use less promotional and money making tools?

Wait. Don't tell us you thought the Oscars were are some sort of legitimate contest?

I said at the beginning let's pretend they're based on merit and strength of performance

I think it is probably from early Hollywood male dominated stigmas so they decided to present each sex with their own award.

Just because that's the way it's always been doesn't mean it's the best way. I don't see how separating the genders is really much different than separating the races.

no because a male of any race can be nominated for best/supporting actor, and a female of any race can be nominated for best/supported actress.

no because a male of any race can be nominated for best/supporting actor, and a female of any race can be nominated for best/supported actress.

I'm saying to have a best actor and best actress be separate makes as much sense as having a best white actor and best non-white actor category

its 2015 and we are still conforming to the outdated gender duality concept? lol just lol.

Why do you care this much?

There is almost always a lead actor and actress in a movie. Very rarely are both roles nominated for best actor and actress

Yeah, and sometimes a movie is animated but most times it isnt. So why do they need that pesky "best animated feature?"

youre not invading my space with that, you modern day warrior.

They could, i don't see why they should. The 4 acting categories are the only reason to watch the oscars. Also, the chicks would rarely win any acting awards creating sympathy votes and women's rights tears. Might as well integrate NBA and WNBA. I mean, they're all professional basketball players after all.
This comment right here just shut OP down.
OP is just a virgin women-hater

And while we're at it why not combine the men and women's bantamweight divisions, they're all 135lbs right

It blows my mind how many people are captivated by this event...

I feel bad for TS. People make terrible threads all day long but he's getting skewered hard here and he's not even trying to troll.

Who cares? What's the harm in having two categories? It doesn't disadvantage women in any way so who exactly would benefit from merging the categories?

If it aint broke, don't fix it....

Because women would never win. Or men would be robbed of their deserved award. Women's acting is just not the same level as the best mans acting.

Btw I agree with the the logic of this thread. There really shouldn't be a difference. It's sexist to distinguish imo. It's sexist and I have no problem with it. But I don't get why people attack the ts idea. He's right. It's not any different than having a best black actor.

Support actors shouldn't get Oscars because they're in the movie to "support" the leading actors into getting theirs.

856216.gif

Back