News Lee Sun-kyun: Parasite actor, 48, found dead in apparent suicide

Understood, but we don't investigate people here for using drugs. Selling, trafficking, manufacturing, yeah, but not using. You either get caught with them or you don't.
Sure, was just pointing out our legal system is all sorts of fucked up too. Oh well at least now I only risk my job by smoking, not federal prison lmao.

"under investigation for illicit drug USE"

What the fuck? Korea as a whole should be ashamed that's even a thing.

Yeah they made this a mountain out of a mole hill scenario. Who cares if he took drugs in his private life. Wow, I would hate to live in South Korea.

What a shame to feel pressured to that degree because you smoked some weed and took some k with a hostess.

There’s something seriously wrong with drug laws. Just legalise and control.

Only group at risk are teenagers and they get everything anyways right now.

The shame aspect is too strong in some of these countries.
Fucked up.
A lot of the English articles are missing the context. He's under questioning because of the drug. But the reason korean netizen bullied him because it was confirmed that he cheated on his wife who's also an actress with a madam. His phone calls was leaked.

This is the only English article I can find. There's a lot of Korean celeb who got busted for drugs, but still have a lot of people supporting them over the years even though they also got backlash.

A lot of the English articles are missing the context. He's under questioning because of the drug. But the reason korean netizen bullied him because it was confirmed that he cheated on his wife who's also an actress with a madam. His phone calls was leaked.

This is the only English article I can find.

So why do you think he took this road sir?
The wife, the drugs...or a little bit of both?

Both I think. Korean netizens are notorious for bullying. And his wife was reportedly passed out when the news broke of him visiting brothels. He got blackmailed by his mistress.

Damn, he really made it difficult to defend him.
R.I.P brother, (Bows head in silence)

This is the only English article I can find. There's a lot of Korean celeb who got busted for drugs, but still have a lot of people supporting them over the years even though they also got backlash.

Oh I see, that make sense. Nevertheless, it was terrible what happened to him.

Also, I understand many of you is appalled by the drug law that "lead" to his death. But I'm extremely happy we have these strict laws protecting us. Singapore where I'm from have the strictest drug law is occasionally condemned and I remember a thread here couple of years back did the same with me defending our stance.

It seems sad for Westerners that we can't do what we want in our own time, but it works. It makes our environment extremely safe to live in, even for ladies walking alone at 2am. I'll take strict laws over potential crazy addicts messing up an area of the country turning into a slump or whatever it's called.

That said, What I disagree is it that it's crime for us to try recreational drugs even when we are in countries that are permitted. Most of the countries that ban drugs seems to have this law, which I find ridiculous. Many people get into trouble with weed marijuana consumption overseas upon returning to their country. I think this should not be the case. Banning the use in our own country is perfectly fine, but making it illegal for its citizens to use even out of its borders, is bonkers.

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote here.

I love the fact that Japan is strict with crime and drugs.

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote here.

I love the fact that Japan is strict with crime and drugs.
There was a hobo that attacked a lady no more than a mile from my “good” neighborhood, hammer to the dome on Christmas Eve, killed her….

When other countries get things right, more power to them, crime and drugs in America isn’t our strong suit, probably not the wisest to pass judgement.

There was a hobo that attacked a lady no more than a mile from my “good” neighborhood, hammer to the dome on Christmas Eve, killed her….

When other countries get things right, more power to them, crime and drugs in America isn’t our strong suit, probably not the wisest to pass judgement.

That’s really sad to hear.

In history, China fought whole wars against the British to try and stop the proliferation of opium in their country because, they at least have the common sense to know that certain things are bad for your country and it’s populace.

The pro-drug lobby are the most short-sighted, immature, careless group of people in politics.

“Freedom is freedom, bro” … yeah, you don’t just stand by and let your loved ones get hooked on heroin or fentanyl, dummy.

If you guys think this is crazy, let me share another story that is bonkers. I'm not sure if you guys can find English article to confirm my sharing but *shrug*

Earlier this year, a teacher of 20 years experience committed suicide due to bullying by parents over a span of 4 years.

4 kids bullied their classmate and the teacher stood up to them, sending them to the Principal's office. Their parents instead claims the teacher abused her authority to punish their kids. They even forced her to kneel and apologise in front of their kids. She did.

But they refused to let her off, even after she was no longer their kids class teacher and moved to another school after 3 years. The same parents kept writing complaint letters to their Ministry of Education accusing the teacher of abuse. News claims 370 of these letters per month was sent during this few years.

When the teacher finally committed suicide, Netizens doxxed the parents. Some of them were small business owners.

The most infuriating thing is one of the parents tried to defend her acts, and she said during a play session, her sons hand got slapped by his classmate face. And the teacher overreacted and caused stress to her kid.

Yes, no translation error, she claimed her sons hand got slapped by his classmate face.
I remember that story I believe they said the kids in the first place were using scissors to slash the other kids …

fuck that shit.

what people dont realize is how serious drug allegations are. weed is a serious no-no, you're basically a criminal gangster if you do that shit there. i'll say this. many moons ago, i may or may not have had the opportunity to do some, while i was there. who knows what could have happened if someone reported it. i didnt do it. but i had the chance. its just not worth it. and that is why, everyone is an alcoholic there. you remove something so peaceful like weed, and bam, everyone is a full blown alcholic, since that is the only allowed substance to alter your mind, blow off some steam, etc. crazy how this guy couldn't just say lol no, and move on with his life. feel like something more was at play than a simple drug allegation.

what people dont realize is how serious drug allegations are. weed is a serious no-no, you're basically a criminal gangster if you do that shit there. i'll say this. many moons ago, i may or may not have had the opportunity to do some, while i was there. who knows what could have happened if someone reported it. i didnt do it. but i had the chance. its just not worth it. and that is why, everyone is an alcoholic there. you remove something so peaceful like weed, and bam, everyone is a full blown alcholic, since that is the only allowed substance to alter your mind, blow off some steam, etc. crazy how this guy couldn't just say lol no, and move on with his life. feel like something more was at play than a simple drug allegation.

Interesting thoughts there, thanks.

Seems like a cool guy. He should’ve moved to Vegas and gone full Charlie Sheen; we would’ve embraced him. RIP.

Interesting thoughts there, thanks.
the word for drug there, literally translates into "devil's medicine." combine that with a 1950s approach to weed, and yup, it is seriously a hardcore drug akin to heroin. they know no better. or do they? it's funny many moons ago, all exchange students i would meet, the ones down to party were down for the devil's medicine. maybe the perception has changed since then, but judging by these kinds of stories, probably not. because the drugs are banned and immediately linked to criminal like behavior, you commonly see people passed our in drunken stupors every weekend, almost every night. it is common for people to be face down on streets, subway benches, park benches, etc. it is the norm. the other thing is that these celebrities/pop stars are always busted doing drugs. they rarely kill themselves over it though. feels like something was more at play. they all have their second/third girlfriends too. usually visit those types of establishments. its not a secret.

Back