Media “Tom Aspinall’s standup is on another level than I’ve seen on any MMA-fighter“ ~ Rico Verhoeven

Who’s going to win?

• Total voters
Reminds me of Ronda knocking out sparring partners with body shots

Last edited:
Aspinall was getting styled on by blaydes before the injury.
Styled on. Thats what you're going with eh?

Fight was 17 seconds and ended due to a freak injury, from a kick that Aspinall threw, not Blaydes.

Blaydes landed 3 of 10 strikes, so landing at a rate of 30%.

Aspinall landed 2 of 5, meaning he landed about 40% of his own strikes.

So in summary, Blaydes landed a whole ONE more strike than Aspinall did, despite throwing double the amount of shots. And again, the fight lasted 17 seconds, and that, in your eyes, amounts to Blaydes "styling on" Aspinall?

Tl;dr- You sir, are an idiot.

It really is crazy how people think Blaydes was destroying Aspinall. There was almost nothing landed in that fight. The fight didn't even last 20 seconds.

I thought they were trolling, and was shaking my head at people falling for the bait.
But the more of these posts I read, the more it seems that these lunatics are somehow serious.
Sherdog can be a wild place.

Man this is going to be a fight!
Could go either way

Tom's striking may well be more technically sound and varied than Sergei's, but Sergei's power is on another level to Tom's. Tom does appear to have gaps in his striking defence, particularly from counter punches, which could prove the difference.

I think Tom wins as he's the more well rounded of the two, and it just seems like his time at heavyweight; granted, that second part is unquantifiable. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Sergei pulls off a fully prepared Makhachev to Tom's off the couch Volkanovski though.

Back