Why was GSP allowed to pick his own opponent(Nick Diaz) but not Jones?

GSP was loved by 2 continents and 2 genders. GSP was the face of mma and UFC.

Jones is loved by haters. Jones is the face for himself.

PPV buys, obviously. The fact that you guys ignored this fact just shows how much fucking Haterade you're all drinking.

this. what a bunch of stupid fucking idiots dont see this.

gus/jones will sell, super hyped rematch. jones/cormier not so much.

the fact jones wants to fight someone else despite the guaranteed return is kinda sad. unless you believe it's a work, i've seen enough works in this sport to know this isn't one.

GSP was loved by 2 continents and 2 genders. GSP was the face of mma and UFC.

Jones is loved by haters. Jones is the face for himself.

damn.

GSP took the Diaz fight, gave his word that Johnny was next, and lived up to his word.

Jonathan took the Glover fight, said Gus was next, and now wants DC.

Yes...the situations are identical.

Fail thread. GSP > BONES.

your post, much like your av, is a stretch.

GSP did make a career of beating lightweights. Namely BJ penn, who is now a FW :icon_lol:. He also got knocked out by a 5'6'' midget :icon_lol:.

Oh yeah, plus remember how he ducked that midget and never rematched him? That was great....oh wait

blackandwhitebyoelje.jpg

Oh yeah it's all about the colour of the skin. OBVIOUSLY!

According to Dana it's the only opponent GSP has ever asked for...Jones on the other hand has turned down a fight Shael, a rematch with Lyoto and a rematch with Gus...twice!
Time for the boss to put his foot down.

GSP took the Diaz fight, gave his word that Johnny was next, and lived up to his word.

Thought this needed to be resaid

GSP is amenable to an employer, so he is respected.

PPV buys, obviously. The fact that you guys ignored this fact just shows how much fucking Haterade you're all drinking.

This. GSP offered a more lucrative title fight. Jones is turning down 1,000,000 buys for 600,000.

GSP is amenable to an employer, so he is respected.

The same gsp that semi retired cause of the stress the ufc put on him? Some of you really needs to educate yourselves before you type. Glover was promised a title shot before he beat bader. How come condit and hendrix had to fight but gus/ cormier can't? You kids needs to see the bigger picture. Personally I want Jones to rematch with Gus but I won't judge a man that's enters a cage and fights for his life and a dominant one at that.

A lot of sherdog was actually unhappy with that match as well. We're not all jones haters, believe it or not.

GSP got a ton of shit for fighting Diaz on Sherdog

as for why the UFC allowed it: PPV buys, easy

Nick Diaz- was on a great streak in strikeforce
Cormier- Great streak in strikeforce

Nick Diaz lost a fight, got suspended and still was able to fight GSP ahead of Hendrix!! Who had won 5 straight. Dana White sided with GSP.

How are these situations not similar?
It really doesnt matter though, cause this board has Sherly gone to the dogs.

Didn't Jones pick Glover Teixeira instead of rematching Alex?

Now he wants to do it again?

How many times did GSP do that?

Double standard my ass

Yes...the situations are identical.

Fail thread. GSP > BONES.

Also this.

The same gsp that semi retired cause of the stress the ufc put on him? Some of you really needs to educate yourselves before you type. Glover was promised a title shot before he beat bader. How come condit and hendrix had to fight but gus/ cormier can't? You kids needs to see the bigger picture. Personally I want Jones to rematch with Gus but I won't judge a man that's enters a cage and fights for his life and a dominant one at that.

He looks pretty retired right now.

GSP 33

Turned PRO 2002

UFC Champ 2006

Undisputed champ since 2008

Times Defended the belt 11times

Championship fights 13 times

Jon Jones 26

Turned PRO 2008

Undisputed UFC champion 2011

Defended Belt 8 times

It's not even comparable, Jones is been fighting as long as GSP has been champ and he's declined three fights now (Chael, Alex 2x).

GSP was ratings or PPV buys if you'd like, if he wanted to fight andy wang he would have.

Back