Why was GSP allowed to pick his own opponent(Nick Diaz) but not Jones?

Honestly, I still believe Dana engineered that whole thing BUT as Dana White said GSP EARNED the right to actually choose his opponent (which he did once) because he had been such a good guy to the company. The UFC did GSP a favour because he had done them so many.
What has Jones done for the UFC? Refuse to fight Chael n Jones did pick to fight Gus ttoo if im correct? So he already used that favour.

Nick vs GSP was the big money fight just like Jones vs Gus 2 is the big money fight

because sherdog likes gsp and dislikes JJ, very simple

Joe-Rogan-Reaction.png

PPV buys, obviously. The fact that you guys ignored this fact just shows how much fucking Haterade you're all drinking.

This. And are you really thinking GSP was able to just pick his next opponent. The UFC & Dana wanted this fight & proclaimed GSP "demanded Nick Diaz next..." to hype the fight. Wolf tickets ring a bell?

Stupid question and stupid assumption.

the UFC wanted Diaz V GSP. GSP wanted it too. GSP did not pick Diaz. GSP was never offered anyone but Diaz because that is who the UFC wants.

It is idiotic to think that because a champ happened to get the opponent he wanted that he picked that fight.

Fighters are all welcome to say who they want. But it is what the UFC wants that matters and if that is also what the fighter wants then the champ gets what he wants. If the UFC wants someone else, then the Champ should fight that guy instead.

GSP was ducking Hendricks by wanting to fight Diaz, the same way that Jones is ducking Gus by wanting to fight Cormier.

The two situations are similar

GSP was ducking Hendricks by wanting to fight Diaz, the same way that Jones is ducking Gus by wanting to fight Cormier.

The two situations are similar

NO.

You don't have to duck an opponent the UFC does not want you to fight and the UFC wanted Diaz/GSP first.

So the best you can say is that GSP should have went against the UFC and demanded Hendricks despite the UFC wanting Diaz.

Not demanding another opponent is not ducking.

Well, actually, he was. The UFC wanted to do the imidiate rematch. Jones did not, he wanted to do the Glover fight first and the UFC went along with it to please their long reigning champion, so your argument is kind of moot.

Its because GSP is white and Jon Jones is blllllaaaaccckkkk, lets admit it. Its that Donald Sterling mentality of still wanting to have the feeling of owning the black "players" and paying them for services, sickening. But everyone just hide behind the racial overtones and say, oh he pokes eyes, or I don't like how he kicks people in the knees or he is so cocky. Haters

because sherdog likes gsp and dislikes JJ, very simple

GSP had been champion much longer than Jones, and had really never done anything like that before. It was a hot fight that the fans already wanted to see.

Jones, on the other hand, has been playing this card for some time, and in selecting Cormier, it's not as though he's bringing down the thunder on an arch rival. In fact, if Cormier had been slotted for the shot and Jones proclaimed that he wanted Gustaffson next, I don't believe anyone would have complained. As it is, I believe he should simply be fighting whomever the UFC puts in front of him. He has no compelling history with anyone in the division, outside of one close fight. No reason for him to be selecting anyone.

Its because GSP is white and Jon Jones is blllllaaaaccckkkk, lets admit it. Its that Donald Sterling mentality of still wanting to have the feeling of owning the black "players" and paying them for services, sickening. But everyone just hide behind the racial overtones and say, oh he pokes eyes, or I don't like how he kicks people in the knees or he is so cocky. Haters

No it is not. GSP got the pick one fight, the Diaz fight. Jones got to pick one fight, Glover, when the UFC wanted to do the imidiate rematch.

NO.

You don't have to duck an opponent the UFC does not want you to fight and the UFC wanted Diaz/GSP first.

So the best you can say is that GSP should have went against the UFC and demanded Hendricks despite the UFC wanting Diaz.

Not demanding another opponent is not ducking.

And you're ducking reality.

GSP chose to fight Diaz instead of Hendricks. Don't try to rewrite history here.

"So naturally, when St. Pierre instead chose to fight Nick Diaz, "Big Rigg" was a bit perturbed. But what really set him off was his reasoning. "GSP" mentioned at the UFC 158 press conference that he felt Diaz deserved the shot over Hendricks because he believed Hendricks had lost to Koscheck, a man he'd already defeated."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/7/39...rre-idiot-thinking-nick-diaz-deserves-mma-ufc

GSP chose to fight Diaz instead of Hendricks. Don't try to rewrite history here.

"So naturally, when St. Pierre instead chose to fight Nick Diaz, "Big Rigg" was a bit perturbed. But what really set him off was his reasoning. "GSP" mentioned at the UFC 158 press conference that he felt Diaz deserved the shot over Hendricks because he believed Hendricks had lost to Koscheck, a man he'd already defeated."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/7/39...rre-idiot-thinking-nick-diaz-deserves-mma-ufc

The UFC wanted the fight & the fact that GSP felt disrespected by Diaz was used to help sell the fight. Promotion isn't a hard thing to comprehend. And no GSP wasn't ducking Hendricks. He fought him next ( let me guess GSP felt he was a little less dangerous if he waited 7 months). The only ducking done was Hendricks ducking the random drug tests.

Not the same. What Jones is doing would be like if GSP had stayed, refusing to rematch Hendricks even after they both had another fight, saying "I don't care how close you thought it was I beat Hendricks"..

A more comparable situation would be if GSP didn't retire after his controversial decision over Hendricks, then beat a hand picked Nick Diaz, and then proceeded to shun a Hendricks rematch in favor of calling out an injured Condit

Except for GSP already beating Condit before, this was the most accurate analogy. Fans would be giving GSP shit until the end of time, if he ever makes a return, refuses to fight Hendricks, and saying Hendricks didn't earn the fight....which is what Jones is doing with Gus at the moment.

I haven't seen ducking like this since I was a teenager and Shawn Michaels held the world title and did everything in his power to avoid fighting the Undertaker. Jones is one hype-man away from being a (sub-par) WWE character at this point.

The UFC wanted the fight & the fact that GSP felt disrespected by Diaz was used to help sell the fight. Promotion isn't a hard thing to comprehend. And no GSP wasn't ducking Hendricks. He fought him next ( let me guess GSP felt he was a little less dangerous if he waited 7 months). The only ducking done was Hendricks ducking the random drug tests.

GSP ducked Hendricks once by fighting Diaz first. Hendricks had to go on and beat Ellenburger. Then he ducked Hendricks a second time by refusing the rematch with him, and GSP ducks all drug testing that isn't VADA, like he did when Condit wanted USADA drug testing and GSP refused.

Back