Why was GSP allowed to pick his own opponent(Nick Diaz) but not Jones?

blackandwhitebyoelje.jpg

45286346.jpg

GSP ducked Hendricks once by fighting Diaz first. Hendricks had to go on and beat Ellenburger. Then he ducked Hendricks a second time by refusing the rematch with him, and GSP ducks all drug testing that isn't VADA, like he did when Condit wanted USADA drug testing and GSP refused.

Wtf? Where do you come up with your stories? Hendricks has never fought Ellenberger.
Hendricks fought Condit on the same card as GSP-Diaz. He then didn't fight again until the title fight with GSP.
As for the drug testing I only heard a little about the last minute USADA request thing. Hendricks repeatedly ducked all testing his entire camp.

Edit: who likes to "rewrite history" again? :)

Last edited:
GSP chose to fight Diaz instead of Hendricks. Don't try to rewrite history here.

"So naturally, when St. Pierre instead chose to fight Nick Diaz, "Big Rigg" was a bit perturbed. But what really set him off was his reasoning. "GSP" mentioned at the UFC 158 press conference that he felt Diaz deserved the shot over Hendricks because he believed Hendricks had lost to Koscheck, a man he'd already defeated."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/7/39...rre-idiot-thinking-nick-diaz-deserves-mma-ufc

GSp does not get to chose. Don't be an idiot.

Did Jones choose not to fight Chael and Vitor when he said he did not want to fight either? NO. that is because ONLY the UFC choses. the fighter registers his opinion (Jones does not want Sonnen or Vitor) but that means little if the UFC wants those fights and thatis the fight they put forth.

You are the one trying to rewrite history. every day fighters name opponents they want. Fighters don't get to chose though. But sometimes that choice matches up with what the UFC wants and those fights happen.

GSP ducked Hendricks once by fighting Diaz first. Hendricks had to go on and beat Ellenburger. Then he ducked Hendricks a second time by refusing the rematch with him, and GSP ducks all drug testing that isn't VADA, like he did when Condit wanted USADA drug testing and GSP refused.

wtf? are you not only a troll but a dumb troll? When did Hendricks beat Ellenberger?

Wtf? Where do you come up with your stories? Hendricks has never fought Ellenberger.
Hendricks fought Condit on the same card as GSP-Diaz. He then didn't fight again until the title fight with GSP.
As for the drug testing I only heard a little about the last minute USADA request thing. Hendricks repeatedly ducked all testing his entire camp.

Edit: who likes to "rewrite history" again? :)

wtf? are you not only a troll but a dumb troll? When did Hendricks beat Ellenberger?

Oh shit sorry you're right. I meant Condit, not Ellenburger. Hendricks had to fight Condit

As for the condit-gsp drug testing - GSP wanted additional drug testing for the Condit fight through VADA. Condit refused VADA cause he claimed that GSP had a close relationship with VADA. Instead Condit wanted to do testing through USADA. GSP refused

Because GSP didn't have a really close fight that people thought he lost.

Jones needs to run it back because he has something to prove against Gus. GSP really didn't have anything to prove to anyone and he had been a company man who did nothing but step to the plate. And I don't even like GSP.

Do people actually believe everything they hear? Do you also believe that before GSP hurt his knee Condit volunteered to give up his title shot?

It's obvious what happened. Diaz was the biggest PPV draw available so Dana wanted that fight. GSP gave him an excuse to set it up despite Diaz having a loss. GSP probably did really want that fight too because it increased his PPV cut but it's not like GSP told the UFC who he would fight next.

It doesn't matter. In the end, GSP beat both of them.

Oh shit sorry you're right. I meant Condit, not Ellenburger. Hendricks had to fight Condit

As for the condit-gsp drug testing - GSP wanted additional drug testing for the Condit fight through VADA. Condit refused VADA cause he claimed that GSP had a close relationship with VADA. Instead Condit wanted to do testing through USADA. GSP refused

From what I have read GSP proposed the testing first. Offering to go through VADA. Condit accepted the testing but wanted to go through USADA. They couldn't agree on an agency. So how can you blame GSP & not Condit when neither party could agree on who to use? And GSP didn't have a "relationship" with VADA. They put all fighters that use their testing on their website. Condit & Hendricks would have been on there also had they chosen to use it.
I think I'm done with the drug testing thing. It's been done to death.

150184d1330455457t-i-know-bolt-ons-made-difference-its_time_to_stop_posting.jpg

From what I have read GSP proposed the testing first. Offering to go through VADA. Condit accepted the testing but wanted to go through USADA. They couldn't agree on an agency. So how can you blame GSP & not Condit when neither party could agree on who to use? And GSP didn't have a "relationship" with VADA. They put all fighters that use their testing on their website. Condit & Hendricks would have been on there also had they chosen to use it.
I think I'm done with the drug testing thing. It's been done to death.

Umm that was GSP, Hendricks, not GSP, Condit.

Last edited:
I don't like GSP either, but this is not the first time Jones has done this.

Do people actually believe everything they hear? Do you also believe that before GSP hurt his knee Condit volunteered to give up his title shot?

It's obvious what happened. Diaz was the biggest PPV draw available so Dana wanted that fight. GSP gave him an excuse to set it up despite Diaz having a loss. GSP probably did really want that fight too because it increased his PPV cut but it's not like GSP told the UFC who he would fight next.

No.

Some times people believe what they want to believe though.

Everyone knows the UFC wanted Diaz and GSP and so they never offered Hendricks and therefore GSP never ducked. But some want to believe he did.

Diaz and COndit fought for the #1 contender spot. They were #1a and 1b. Diaz in a loss does not drop farther then 1b. He is next. Now Hendricks surging in many opinions, including mine proved he should jump over Diaz, but that does not mean that Diaz was not deserving. For instance if Hendricks had lost the fight V COndit it would have automatically been Diaz next. So people acting like Diaz loss to COndit should have disqualified him are lying to themselves. He was next until Hendricks surged and arguably jumped his spot in line.

but that is up to the UFC to decide and while I never agreed with the UFC it is the UFC who wanted and chose Diaz next.

GSP asked for it, and Dana said he never asked for anything so he granted him it.

This is besides the obvious econmic reasons for the UFC, its the bigger pay day.

If Jones DC was the more antciapated fight it would be different but the people want Jones Gus.

Nick Diaz- was on a great streak in strikeforce
Cormier- Great streak in strikeforce

Nick Diaz lost a fight, got suspended and still was able to fight GSP ahead of Hendrix!! Who had won 5 straight. Dana White sided with GSP.

How are these situations not similar?
It really doesnt matter though, cause this board has Sherly gone to the dogs.

The question, which apparently escaped you completely, is how are they dissimilar? If you don't know, PFO. If you do know, quit trolling. That is all.

Actually, the real question is:

Neither Chuck Liddell nor Matt Hughes were allowed to pick their opponents, why was GSP allowed?

Back