Why was GSP allowed to pick his own opponent(Nick Diaz) but not Jones?

I enjoy learning about how the great champions in the UFC ducked so much competition.

So this thread wins right there.

BUT it gets better because I am also obsessed with GSP even though he is not an active fighter any more.

So that probably put this up to a 9 / 10

That's not how it works dick weed. Look the word up in the dictionary.

Imlpying that white people you do not know are racist because they are white is infact racist. Have a nice day dumb fuck!

Hendricks was on a hot streak, forced to fight another dangerous top guy in Condit when he already deserved the match. GSP picked Diaz who was coming off a loss and arguably an easier stylistic matchup... he got little heat for it.

I think you missed a week or two on Sherdog.

The accusations of ducking were intense enough to force GSP to give interviews explaining that he was not ducking.

It was clear as day GSP did not "pick" Diaz. He would have fought whoever the UFC put in front of him. It was the UFC and Dana that pushed the Diaz fight for great PPV buys. And it was haha, passed a smooth mil.

Because GSP didn't have a really close fight that people thought he lost.

Jones needs to run it back because he has something to prove against Gus. GSP really didn't have anything to prove to anyone and he had been a company man who did nothing but step to the plate. And I don't even like GSP.

yes this is the point which came into my mind first when i saw this thread

blackandwhitebyoelje.jpg

that was quick

and GSP was bash when he choice to fight nick diaz, and this time cormier also injured

It doesn't matter. In the end, GSP beat both of them.

EXACTLY!!!!

This is what i hate about the jones haters. JONES IS GOING TO FIGHT (AND LIKELY BEAT) BOTH ANYWAY...WHY ARE YOU SOOO FIXATED WITH THE FUCKIN ORDER????

Because GSP has never displayed a single ounce of cockyness, and had up until that point, asked zero of the UFC. Hard to turn down a money-making fight like that from a guy like GSP.

Jones on the other hand...DUI, UFC 152,etc,etc

Because GSP didn't win a close decision over Hendricks and instead of rematching Hendricks saying he wanted Diaz.

Which is basically what Jones did.

Because GSP didn't have a really close fight that people thought he lost.

Jones needs to run it back because he has something to prove against Gus. GSP really didn't have anything to prove to anyone and he had been a company man who did nothing but step to the plate. And I don't even like GSP.

Cough...Hendrix...cough.....

The Jones Gus fight was even going into the fifth and jones simply did less nothing in the fifth. It wasnt controversial....it wasnt even that close....

People want to see this rematch so bad they rewrite history in their heads....

Back