Why the hell is The Wkend headlining the halftime show?

Like it or not, Billboard is involved by record sales, yes? You lot not liking Weekend, he's apparently sold a boat load of music, it wasn't a bunch of teenagers hitting "like".

Fuck it, I’ll give a TS a like—he’s right. U2, Prince, MJ, The Stones, Tom Petty. Those are the GOAT Super Bowl halftimes. Wkend is nowhere near that level.

Back when Riddick Bowe was heavyweight champ, there was talk of him fighting as the halftime show. This was after beating Dokes and Ferguson quickly.

It was turned down because they were concerned that if someone went the distance, it would have made the football players sitting too long and impact their ability to get their body ready for the second half.

Dana should call Roger and set something up.

Last edited:
Blinded by The Light was number one on Bilboard for 7 months.

What about Instagram followers and YouTube subscribers? Those are both a huge deal these days. And there are tons of musical acts way above him in both of those.

Those performances were amazing. I’m not a huge U2 fan, although I like and respect them. But motherfuck, their performance at the Super Bowl after 9/11 might be the GOAT Super Bowl performance. And Prince playing Purple Rain in the actual rain. Fantastic.

Those performances were amazing. I’m not a huge U2 fan, although I like and respect them. But motherfuck, their performance at the Super Bowl after 9/11 might be the GOAT Super Bowl performance. And Prince playing Purple Rain in the actual rain. Fantastic.

The other thing is, it didn’t matter that Prince was the most popular streamer that year. He was still a gigantic, iconic celebrity who is still way more popular than the current year’s Spotify king.

the guy is grampa double down. Us who live in big cities and travel and know young people and are young people recognize Weekends popularity.
I'm a massive football fan and pretty much only know one of his tracks.

Everyone whines about half time shows. GaGa was brilliant, Bruno was brilliant. Just wind your neck in and enjoy it.

Back