Why the hell is The Wkend headlining the halftime show?

He’s bigger than Swift, Bieber, Drake, Rihanna, Sheeran, Jay-Z, Kanye, etc.? No fucking way. One hit song doesn’t make him bigger than those guys.

If you were to ask people to name 20 megastars, they’d probably not name him. How is he bigger than people like Ariana Grande, or Drake?

Im not fan of him, but you are just out of touch with pop culture as someone said.
But The Weeknd is 7th most streamed artist ever on Spotify. Thats big man.

Wait till you hear that Billie Eilish is most popular female artist rn

I have heard his songs, some are ok. But this is the Super Bowl. He isn’t Michael Jackson. He isn’t even Chris Brown, love him or hate him, his show is ill. I think they should have had Run DMC and Aerosmith.
Chris Brown charted a few times on the pop charts, he was mostly on the R&B charts. Weekend is all over the pop charts, the dude is much bigger than Chris Brown.

Im not fan of him, but you are just out of touch with pop culture as someone said.
But The Weeknd is 7th most streamed artist ever on Spotify. Thats big man.

Wait till you hear that Billie Eilish is most popular female artist rn

Billie Eilish is definitely a bigger star as far as media exposure, name recognition, social media traffic/references, etc. You can’t get away from her even if you tried. She’s constantly in your face.

Billie Eilish is definitely a bigger star as far as media exposure, name recognition, social media traffic/references, etc. You can’t get away from her even if you tried. She’s constantly in your face.
Let me guess, boobs feel like a bag of sand when you're touching it. <OKC16>

He’s bigger than Swift, Bieber, Drake, Rihanna, Sheeran, Jay-Z, Kanye, etc.? No fucking way. One hit song doesn’t make him bigger than those guys.

He's so hot right now.

At this current point in time he is more relevant than them.

What was Bieber, Swift, Drake, Sheeran or Rihanna's last hit song you can recall? without looking one up.

They pick the act of current appeal not overall industry clout.

Sheeran hasn't put out a song in 2 years so come on grandpa get with the times.

He's so hot right now.

What was Bieber, Swift, Drake, Sheeran or Rihanna's last hit song you can recall? without looking one up.

They absolutely do not pick people based on current appeal alone. That’s only part of it. They care more about overall iconic status, which is why they so often bring huge bands/acts that don’t have charting albums/songs currently, but are still giant, iconic acts.

He's so hot right now.

Rihanna did left her singing career that Puma money is rly good..
Others are doing good rn and in the last years. Drake is arguably most popular singer in last decade together with Bieber. Its hard to determine who is most popular but they all are in top5 except Rihanna. And yet she is probbably making most money with shoes and make up products hahah

It’s his reward for completing his satanic illuminati rituals, dude sold his soul a long time ago. Entertainment industry is run by a bunch of freaks.

Artistically, The Weekend is becoming the male version of Gaga. He's entertaining outside the box and people are liking it. And I don't even really dig the guy musically or socially. I just don't front on his skills.
I'm metal as can be, but I LOVE Blinded by The Lights, I thought Gaga did an exceptional half time show and Bruno Mars' was brilliant.

I don't think I've ever really disliked a half time show.

Back