Flew to Philippines from Cleveland with EVA Air AMA

Cielo_

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I will preface by saying Eva Air was the cheapest option and it shows, never again. Well actually again on the way home but after that never again.
<mma1>

At this time of year? It's like the worst recorded heat in history in the past month or so. 42 degrees Celsius on average for the entire country.
Yeah it’s hot as fuck. Was the time that worked with our work schedules, plus her grandma is dying so couldn’t really wait.
If you were forced into a Gladiator match against a Praying Mantis that weighed the same as you but you get to pick a sword of your choosing what sword would you choose?
Would have to be a katana. You’re not really going to be stabbing a mantis due to its armored carapace. I’m going to be trying to slice its arms off.
Why did you go with Eva Air instead of Best Eva Air?
Best Eva Air would be Singapore Airlines, I don’t have that kind of money pal.

Never heard of Eva air. Quick google search showed this.

“Building on quality service and safety, EVA is now rated as a 5-Star Airline by international quality rating organization SKYTRAX.”

“For 2023, EVA Air again made the list of 20 safest airlines to fly in the world, according to AirlineRatings.com. As for other EVA Air reviews, we're not the only travelers who like EVA Air. The 2022 Skytrax World Airline Awards also rated EVA Air one of the 20 best airlines in the world (in the #18 spot).”

Why was it so bad? What did they serve you?

I will preface by saying Eva Air was the cheapest option and it shows, never again. Well actually again on the way home but after that never again.
<mma1>

Ok... you could say why you're 'never againing.'

Referencing a common call for the holocaust to never be repeated... to describe a flight on an airline... sounds drastic.

Never heard of Eva air. Quick google search showed this.

“Building on quality service and safety, EVA is now rated as a 5-Star Airline by international quality rating organization SKYTRAX.”

“For 2023, EVA Air again made the list of 20 safest airlines to fly in the world, according to AirlineRatings.com. As for other EVA Air reviews, we're not the only travelers who like EVA Air. The 2022 Skytrax World Airline Awards also rated EVA Air one of the 20 best airlines in the world (in the #18 spot).”

Why was it so bad? What did they serve you?

The airport terminal experience was very good. The flight staff were very professional, straight to the point like robots but that’s typical of Asian airlines.

The plane we are on had terrible seats with no room. They have other configurations though because the seats in the two hour flight to Manila were 100x better. Same size plane.

The food was terrible. You can pick an Asian style option or western, first I choose the Asian and took one bite and was like nope. Second time picked a stroganoff and it was still awful, had a really weird taste. I like all kinds of food and I’m not picky at all so it’s not that.

They bring out the food and you can select a drink and they had like 2 options of cheap wine. Then they disappear and bring out juice or water two times for a 14 hour flight. Every other airline I have been on they bring out the drink cart before food, during and after.

Plus the one time I asked for a coke she split it between me and other passenger. Like wtf? Even spirit airlines gives you the whole can.

If you are sleeping when they do one of the rounds your fucked they just walk past you.

i think those ratings are probably inflated by non economy flyers. I get that anything above economy is going to be treated differently but it honestly felt like you are a peasant in economy on this airline:

A little Asian girl had a meltdown like 2 hours before landing. She was obviously doing a fake cry because it sounded like an anime cartoon, she would stop for a couple minutes then go back to the same cry.
That girl might be 28 and they're probably doing the airplane version of those japanese train scenes.

If you were forced into a Gladiator match against a Praying Mantis that weighed the same as you but you get to pick a sword of your choosing what sword would you choose?

I'm going with a Bastard sword........ Double edged, good reach, can slash and stab. It can be used with one or two hands......

The Mantis would be smaller and possibly less powerful but armoured due to its exoskeleton.

Also, pics of the mantises mum.....

I'm going with a Bastard sword........ Double edged, good reach, can slash and stab. It can be used with one or two hands......

The Mantis would be smaller and possibly less powerful but armoured due to its exoskeleton.

Also, pics of the mantises mum.....
Sorry I had to do the math. A Praying Mantis stats are 3" tall and weigh 20 grams.

So say you weigh 180 pounds that's 81646 grams.Screenshot_20240428_081854_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

So since they're 3" tall in current form I took the 453 number and applied it to their height.

Screenshot_20240428_082119_com.google.android.calculator.jpg

Turns out a 180 pound Praying Mantis would be 114 feet tall. I suggest going for the legs.

Sorry I had to do the math. A Praying Mantis stats are 3" tall and weigh 20 grams.

So say you weigh 180 pounds that's 81646 grams.View attachment 1041668

So since they're 3" tall in current form I took the 453 number and applied it to their height.

View attachment 1041669

Turns out a 180 pound Praying Mantis would be 114 feet tall. I suggest going for the legs.

Math is wrong........ Exo skeletons to support an insect of that size wouldn't scale like that..... And unless your supplementing that giant bug with oxygen it's going to die because it's lungs aren't efficient enough to support a creature that size....

Math is wrong........ Exo skeletons to support an insect of that size wouldn't scale like that..... And unless your supplementing that giant bug with oxygen it's going to die because it's lungs aren't efficient enough to support a creature that size....
Yea when it's that big I'd rather it have a bane mask. When it grabs you and tries to eat your head at least you have a fighting chance.

<mma1>

Not sure what you're smoking, I've flew with them many times and they are significantly better than most western airlines I've flew with.

Back