Why hasn’t Leon vs Belal 2 been announced yet?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There’s definitely a reason this fight which has been rumoured for weeks now hasn’t been announced. Could be that Dana wants to put it out there with a badass headliner, or maybe there’s a chance that there’s a bigger fight in play for Leon?

The UFC could be waiting to see how the winner of Strickland/Dricus feels after the fight on Saturday. They’d probably rather have Strickland/Dricus vs Izzy on 300.

If the champ doesn’t want the quick turnaround then they’ll announce Edwards/Belal for 300.

I'd like to go top level conspiracy nut here.
1) The fight this weekend will answer that, so Khamzat (should he be able to actually fight in the US..) can fight either the winner if they're healthy, or Leon if not.
2) The UFC is happy to shelve Belal for one more fight, and if Khamzat won 170 gold they'd make that fight after anyways as Khamzat has the IT factor that Leon doesn't. Leon vs Belal is a money loser fight. Khamzat vs anyone is a net positive.

It’s a backup option incase nothing better develops

Belal might not want to do 300 because of Ramadan. I know the UFC doesn't want to give him a title shot, but I think Ali will make it happen.

No reason to announce fights for 301 or 302 when 300 isn't done yet. It's still January

UFC 300:
lacks main event
Leon Edwards rumored to compete
no hints from ufc
no leaks from Ariel (lol if he does leak something- Dana still hasnt forgiven him 200 and probably never will)

UFC 297:
three months from ufc 300
on ppv
in Toronto
Toronto is in Canada
Who is popular in Canada?
And has maybe competed in ww divsion?

Just speculation I obviously have no idea.

UFC 300:
lacks main event
Leon Edwards rumored to compete
no hints from ufc
no leaks from Ariel (lol if he does leak something- Dana still hasnt forgiven him 200 and probably never will)

UFC 297:
three months from ufc 300
on ppv
in Toronto
Toronto is in Canada
Who is popular in Canada?
And has maybe competed in ww divsion?

Just speculation I obviously have no idea.
Georges isn't coming back. People need to just let that go.

Before he returned to fight Bisping, he never closed the door on a return. He's publicly said he is retired and will not fight again. Let the GOAT helax now.

Sounds like they're waiting to see what happens with the winner of Strickland/DDP and whether Hill could fight Alex. They want to see what's available for 300 before making a decision. Leon v Belal could end up on 301 or 302.

Back