Why do people get tattoos?

i make way more than 100k working at sherdog, have 2 half sleeves, one on my wrist and my foot

You're the first person I thought of when I saw this thread. Luckily, your tattoos are very respectable since you clearly got them for religious reasons.

You're the first person I thought of when I saw this thread. Luckily, your tattoos are very respectable since you clearly got them for religious reasons.

This post raises so many questions.

Why is it more respectable to get religious tattoos?

Why is it "lucky" if you deem someone's tattoos respectable?

Who do you think you are?

Religious tattoos are the new tribal tattoos.

This post raises so many questions.

Why is it more respectable to get religious tattoos?

Why is it "lucky" if you deem someone's tattoos respectable?

Who do you think you are?

I'm referencing the earlier poster who said that the only respectable tattoos are the ones done for religious reasons. Read the thread, otherwise stop with the non-sense posts.

Its been long enough to where they're cool again.

I believe its called "retro".

One day these barbed-wire tats are going to be cool again...One day....

Because I am the Mayor of Bootyville, that's why.

185850-325x229-Barbed-Wire-Tattoo-on-Arm.jpg

I got mine to bang impressionable girls.

I have 6, and am planning a shoulder/chest piece in the fall (lotus flowers).

Most of mine are religious/spiritual in nature - strangely, I don't consider myself particularly religious (although I am deeply spiritual). They remind me to live a pious life and that my actions should glorify God and my family.

This is like saying t-shirts are a fad. Tattoos, and t-shirts, have been popular for many years, and neither shows signs of abating any time soon. People have been calling tattoos a fad for about 20 years now, on auto-repeat.

Please dude. Tattoos are definitely "in" and trendy. So much that it even had a crappy reality show dedicated to it. I have tattoo artist friends who even admit it's mad trendy, if not a fad.

cuz they look cool and make you "different" or something.

I have been considering getting a tattoo for a while, but i never end up following through because 80-90% of ink i see around me looks like garbage. I have no idea whether it's just people having different taste than me or shit job by the artists, but most of the time i see a person with tats i feel they would look better without them. You could argue people only get tattoos for themselves and it might have some special meaning to them, but i personally don't see the point in getting ink other than a fashion accessory.

Most tattoos look like crap. I don't and probably never will get the appeal.

If you haven't been to prison and aren't the member of a tribe, it just looks bad in most cases.

I appreciate people with religious tattoos. Let's me know right away I'm dealing with a simpleton.

I got three stupid drunk tattoos when I was in the Navy and got them all laser removed afterwards. What a pain in the ass that was.

Back