Why do people get tattoos?

having a tattoo is basically just giving yourself a giant poverty tag. lets me know that you're a pleb

I see you like Ronaldo...

fe21eb_31c7f9c226524f2d961efe7d1486d9ca.jpg_srz_523_361_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
\

Self pwnings for everybody ITT!

Now for the majority I think it's just quite simply fashion, generally nothing too deep and meaningful to it.

It's much more non-conformist to NOT have a tattoo these days.
Although anyone who got them or doesn't get them just to be non-conformist is a fucking cretin.

It starts like any fad. Somebody does something to be different and somebody copies them.

In the 50s you had to go to a carnival sideshow to see a tattooed woman and they were usually large women. People had to go to large cities to get a tattoo because there wasn't enough business in a medium size town. Many got tattooed while in the military and under the influence of alcohol and pressure from other servicemen. Often others even paid for it. Many regretted getting them.

Ain't got a clue, but it seems to be the new "in thing", well it has been for the last several years.

I like some that I've seen; just don't think I like them enough to get one myself.

People are such sheep and yet every one of them will claim they are not just caught up in a fad.

It is damage you are just refusing to apply it in this case because your retarded. Tissue damage is not subjective like you are trying to claim. How about you give the dictionary definition for tissue damage?

Lifting weights causes tissue damage. So does going for a hike. Everything does. The body just heals it back up in no time. The idea that it causes long term bodily injury is moronic.

People are such sheep and yet every one of them will claim they are not just caught up in a fad.

This is like saying t-shirts are a fad. Tattoos, and t-shirts, have been popular for many years, and neither shows signs of abating any time soon. People have been calling tattoos a fad for about 20 years now, on auto-repeat.

I can't imagine why people are so judgmental about a personal choice people make that does not feel t them in any way.

I feel unique and pure for not having any tattoos. I'm past the age where most people get them (26 now).

Whenever I see people with ugly tattoos and tattoos in general that I'm positive the wearer regrets I feel sorry for them. There are so many shit tattoo artists.

I have a friend that has a couple sleeves and some on his body. He's not happy with some of the earlier stuff he got because he didn't find a GOOD tattoo artist until a couple years getting tattoos. This is the same story for a lot of people that are covered.

Not having a tattoo has turned into something to feel smugly self-righteous about. It's hilarious. As though other people's tattoos have anything to do with you.

having a tattoo is basically just giving yourself a giant poverty tag. lets me know that you're a pleb

I work at Microsoft, and have tatts. There goes that shit theory.

Lots of people here have tattoos and make over 100k. It's not even strange to see this anymore.

i make way more than 100k working at sherdog, have 2 half sleeves, one on my wrist and my foot

I feel unique and pure for not having any tattoos. I'm past the age where most people get them (26 now).

Whenever I see people with ugly tattoos and tattoos in general that I'm positive the wearer regrets I feel sorry for them. There are so many shit tattoo artists.

I have a friend that has a couple sleeves and some on his body. He's not happy with some of the earlier stuff he got because he didn't find a GOOD tattoo artist until a couple years getting tattoos. This is the same story for a lot of people that are covered.

There are some places that offer "cover-up" services on older tattoos that the client regrets. I'm going to assume they're quite costly.

Not having a tattoo has turned into something to feel smugly self-righteous about. It's hilarious. As though other people's tattoos have anything to do with you.

People will find something on anything they aren't a part of and badmouth it, just to feel better about themselves.

There are some places that offer "cover-up" services on older tattoos that the client regrets. I'm going to assume they're quite costly.

I think they're priced the same. You just need the space to be able to have them "change" it

This is like saying t-shirts are a fad. Tattoos, and t-shirts, have been popular for many years, and neither shows signs of abating any time soon. People have been calling tattoos a fad for about 20 years now, on auto-repeat.

No they were not big fad 20 years ago. The last few years they're like beards

I have one. A Marine Corps tattoo I got after boot camp. I got it because I was an 18 year old boot Marine. I don't regret it though because it's an important part of my life.

because i like them.

Back