Why do people get tattoos?

Because I wanted to.

They like having other people's artwork on their body for life. The people I know personally with tattoos have gotten them in some sort of crisis in their life...usually a transitional period after a significant stressor in their life. This one guy I know (white) got a tear drop tattoo in remembrance of his brother who died of cancer which in my opinion is a stupid reason to get a tattoo of a tear drop on your face. Another guy I know got a cross on his chest after he had surgery for a pericardial effusion (1L). He had a nice vertical scar on his chest because they had to do a sternotomy. Another guy I know got a cross on his arm after he went to jail for armed robbery.

I thought about getting a tattoo reminding me about a struggle but it's not worth it and it's something that you have to live with for your whole life. I'm not into body mutilation at all and I don't consider it artwork and even less so artwork you can call your own. It's not original and it does nothing for a man who has no self-esteem issues.

Because you have to think various ways to get the attention of women when you're not smart, rich or talented.

Or because they wanted to.

ive got a sleeve and about 8 others

im going in on Tuesday for a 6+ hour sitting

i think they look cool

if you dont, dont bitch about it and try and justify or give a meaning to why other people have them

Attempt to fit in and attract the opposite sex. Or the same sex if thats what you're into

Because it's easier than working out...
funny-six-abs-tattoo-on-belly.jpg

ive got a sleeve and about 8 others

im going in on Tuesday for a 6+ hour sitting

i think they look cool

if you dont, dont bitch about it and try and justify or give a meaning to why other people have them

They look cool or you look cool with them? You don't have to get ink'd if you just like pictures. If you like art then get a fucking painting.

For a wide variety of reasons some of which are good and some of which are bad. Personally I find "Why do so many people get tattoos they will regret within a few years" a much more interesting question.

I've known people who made fun of others tattoos and then a few years later they have tattoos of their own. It's like any other fad except for the cost of changing when it runs it's course.

Because they're special snowflakes.

Tattoos are a bad idea in hindsight. I once got 100-0 tattooed on my neck after winning my 100th streetfight but then got in a payment dispute with the "artist" and ended up bringing my record to 101-0. Made the tattoo entirely obsolete at that point.

it's what the sheeple do these days

Tattoos are a bad idea in hindsight. I once got 100-0 tattooed on my neck after winning my 100th streetfight but then got in a payment dispute with the "artist" and ended up bringing my record to 101-0. Made the tattoo entirely obsolete at that point.

It's still a milestone. The Bulls didn't give up their second Finals trophy in '92 after they got the 3-peat in '93. Not that I actually believe you've ever been in a fight, lol.

Back